Arizer Air II

sickmanfraud

Hey folks, I'm wondering as someone who uses daily a vapcap, firewood 4, sticky brick Jr and grasshopper whether or not the air is worth a purchase (I also just picked up a tubo Evic). The solo was my main vape for years, though I notice it smells in comparison to all of my convection Vapes, and the heat up time is unacceptable.

Will the air 2 fill a void in any way in my collection?

IMO not really. The Tubo is all you really need.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Just ordered mine from Planet Vape. Hope I made the right choice. @stickstones kinda made my decision for me saying the air flow beats the crafty. Extra heat up time should be fine as I was okay with the OG air, it was the milkshake resistance that got to me.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Just ordered mine from Planet Vape. Hope I made the right choice. @stickstones kinda made my decision for me saying the air flow beats the crafty. Extra heat up time should be fine as I was okay with the OG air, it was the milkshake resistance that got to me.

Let me know what you think. Mine is a production unit, but I'm always wondering if it's just mine!

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
Woohoo! My A2 got in yesterday, customs free!
:rockon:

Picked it up today, now I just need to wait for the battery to charge.

It had enough juice in it to let me run 1 1/2 sessions empty at full temp, to burn off any oils from the factory, but then I was reading through the manual and it said to fully charge the battery before first use...d'oh! I'm just too much like a kid on christmas morning haha.

The device is really sleek and small. The Package it came in was also really high-end, not something I usually care for but this time it stood out.

Can't wait to try it out! Any minute now..

I'm also going to get one of those silicone sleeves for it, the one from the og air, and cut it to fit. I can just see myself knocking it over haha..but I guess if you can always have it on its side it shouldn't be to bad.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
If you want :

a ) To make your new Arizer Air a bit more stealthy ...
b ) Give some protection to the fragile borosilicate glass stems ...
and
c ) Have a smoother / more pleasant vaping experience ...

Then you should get one (or more ) of these :
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/fat-mouthpiece

They fit SOLO,SOLO II ,AA & AA II stems like a glove ;)

Cheers.
:leaf:

BigJr48

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Man my 14mm wpa i got from Planet Vape does NOT seem to wanna fit, I feel like I'm gonna cut myself trying.

nvm got it, it just really had to be fully heated before even trying.

omg im in love

Last edited:

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
Man my 14mm wpa i got from Planet Vape does NOT seem to wanna fit, I feel like I'm gonna cut myself trying.

omg im in love
Yeah, the stems that came with it were a much tighter fit that the ones that I used in my original solo, in which there was a bit of wiggle room. If I want to use the older stems it helps to be hot or heated and kind of twisting it in while sliding the stem into the heating chamber.

I also wasn't so sure at first.. But I've used it a few times today, it's great!

Gonna enjoy testing it!

OF

omg im in love

Great. Too bad you didn't get the memo, but you broke the code anyway. Hot seals are easier to work with. After the first time or two it cools down again with the stem in it seems to get suddenly easier (from there on).

Welcome to the fun, Solo/Air is a powerful tool for good for sure.

Regards to all.

OF

davesmith

Glass Blower

Yea do let us know I sold my air 1 for that reason. Look forward to hearing your thoughts

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
Just sold my Air and had 2 original solos, sell me on the air 2 or solo 2? Air one couldnt hold a charge and no clouds compared to solo thoughts FC?

HippieHitman,

exime

Just sold my Air and had 2 original solos, sell me on the air 2 or solo 2? Air one couldnt hold a charge and no clouds compared to solo thoughts FC?

Solo 2 is a big upgrade over the original I think. Most of the things that bugged me were fixed. Having better air flow, smaller form factor, long battery life, digital display is really nice.

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
Some thoughts on the Air II after a day of use (few sessions).

It didn’t charge all the way to 100% at first, wouldn’t go past 93. But After I used it for a session and plugged it back in, it filled right up. No problems or errors after a day of sessions.

I've read a few things about charging 18650 batteries inside the device (regarding e-cigs), and that the display sometimes doesn't accurately show the charge. Probably something to do with the chemicals inside the battery, something about cathodes and ions..I'm no chemist!
I'll need to charge it full and take notes on how many sessions and at what temp, to see how far a charge will go.

I used it through my bubbler at 170°C and moved up to 200 after a few draws, to get a bit denser hits. Very nice, it sits very snug inside of it, the OG Solo (I ugraded from) used to wiggle a little when I moved the contraption. This is great, as it all feels like one piece.

200 was a bit high, the buds I have are pretty dry (yet very sticky), and I think anywhere between 180 and 190 seems to be a good range, lower if it’s early in the day, higher if I don’t have anything else to do.

Arizer doesn’t seem to be a fan of the steel screens, but I think it’s great they put them it.
Tried one session with the straight stem that came with it, without the screen, and I kept getting material in my mouth, at least the first few minutes/draws. Not a huge issue, but I prefer to use the screens in mine. I don’t feel like they tarnish the flavor,while it may be true that some people can taste that difference, I am not one of them.

Airflow is greatly improved.

Of course, for me, being used to the OG Solo, that isn’t hard to do. But I feel like I didn’t have to modulate my breathing as much - you can inhale fast and somewhat powerful, and will still get vapor.

Compared to the E-Nano, which has practically no draw resistance, I do notice a little restriction with the A2, but nowhere near the Solos milkshake feeling.

That’s fine for me though, if I’m using the solo/air2 I like to sip & take my time, for massive rips/2-hit extraction, I use the nano (of course the nano is a desktop and very different kind of vape, this is just the only other vape I own/use and am able to compare it with!).

I also enjoyed the good ol’ dry stem!

I like the bent one that came with my solo (and has never broken! shit…I probably just jinxed myself), because with it, you can lay the A2 down sideways, and the bent stem prevents it from rolling away.

Xrayz3E.jpg

Not going anywhere

The stems that came with it fit very tight, there’s no wiggling, and you can hold it upside down (and even shake) and nothing will fall out. I think this is good, it just gives everything a more solid feel. The only downside is that the bowl is not as easily accessed for stirring (not needed really, but sometimes I do it, when I’m using the GonG).

If you don’t have that stem, or none, inserted, it can still be stopped from rolling. The back (where the charging port is) is flattened, if you lay it over an edge or some other object, it’ll stabilize it. This is of course in turn risky because you have it on an edge…hm.

Edit: You can also set the rear flat area on a toothpick or anything else that "creates" an edge, that way it's stable.
lzL83qJ.jpg

Cliffhanger

If you leave the rubber cap open (the one covering the heating chamber), that also creates a sort of stopper, but this is also not ideal as the chamber is exposd.

I guess I would’ve liked some way to stop it from rolling, like one flat side or some kind of edge. I can of course stand upright, but seems much more prone to being knocked over than the Solo with its larger base.

Another reason for a silicone/rubber sleeve!

C’mon! That’s what I dislike the most right now. I really want that sleeve *hint hint to any arizer CS reps reading this *

For now, I put it in the carrying pouch it came with when I’m not using it, to protect it. But I keep standing it on my desk because it’s just so nice to look at hahaha.

Another thing I could see myself using would be some kind of base, to stand it in while not in use. Maybe I’ll make a wooden one, shouldn’t be that hard. Or just add a hole into the wooden one I made for my nano.

I set my sessions duration to 10 minutes, and after I use it more and check the AVB, I may adjust it.

It’s so light, and just fits right into your hand so nicely, a joy to use.

Would be nice if it had a rotatable screen, for use in water. Maybe a firmware update can enable this? I guess it would have to be changed/flipped manually, since there’s no acceleromotor or something like that in it, but if you know you’re only going to be using it through a water piece where it will be upside down…you get the idea.

I’m gonna pick up a sleeve for the OG Air today and cut it to fit the A2, and do some more testing.

Okay, this ended up being a bit longer than I first expected. Hope it helps someone!

Is there anything anyone here wants to know specifically?

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
I got a sleeve for the Air 1 today, fits right on the Air II. If you turn it upside down it lets you access the buttons and see the screen without any need for cutting (although I think I may take 1-2 mm off ..but that's not required.)
BcmKYP1.jpg

Not safe for clean freaks. Silicone = dust magnet! How embarassing!

The Back obviously doesn't align, so I used a stanley knife to cut a hole for the charger. Top cut at 4cm from the top end of the sleeve, bottom at 5, and 1cm across.
I measure it to 4.3 and 4.8 but since the chargers cable has a bit of plastic around it, I just decided to make it one square centimeter. Might need to take off some more on the sides due to this but it fits and stays on.

LpB0zo6.jpg

As an added bonus, the lower opening continues to let you stabilize it over a toothpick/edge.

I paid 6,50 for it in a shop here. Good deal! I wanted it in green, but I figured the main priority was to protect the a2, not look flashy..yet.

I think I'm noticing the oven and airflow improvements; you can inhale quite more powerful than with the OG solo (this is through water).

I'll need to weigh how much I use, but it's fairly little. the GonG filled almost filled up completely, but not pushed down or packed tightly, just a loose scoop out of the grinder.

I kind of feel like a Grampaw getting a new gadget, because the air was so popular but I never had one, only the old timer solo, so that's all I have to compare it to haha.:myday:

The other thing I noticed, and it may be uhh...warped perception, but I feel like it charges faster when the battery is lower than higher, meaning I plugged it in and the display read 63%, a few minutes later it was at 72, but now it's been about 15-20 minutes from 93 to 96.

It might just be the battery though, but like I said I'm not really battery-savy.

Will do some more research and report back.:science:

BigJr48

I got a sleeve for the Air 1 today, fits right on the Air II. If you turn it upside down it lets you access the buttons and see the screen without any need for cutting (although I think I may take 1-2 mm off ..but that's not required.)
BcmKYP1.jpg

Not safe for clean freaks. Silicone = dust magnet! How embarassing!

The Back obviously doesn't align, so I used a stanley knife to cut a hole for the charger. Top cut at 4cm from the top end of the sleeve, bottom at 5, and 1cm across.
I measure it to 4.3 and 4.8 but since the chargers cable has a bit of plastic around it, I just decided to make it one square centimeter. Might need to take off some more on the sides due to this but it fits and stays on.

LpB0zo6.jpg

As an added bonus, the lower opening continues to let you stabilize it over a toothpick/edge.

I paid 6,50 for it in a shop here. Good deal! I wanted it in green, but I figured the main priority was to protect the a2, not look flashy..yet.

I think I'm noticing the oven and airflow improvements; you can inhale quite more powerful than with the OG solo (this is through water).

I'll need to weigh how much I use, but it's fairly little. the GonG filled almost filled up completely, but not pushed down or packed tightly, just a loose scoop out of the grinder.

I kind of feel like a Grampaw getting a new gadget, because the air was so popular but I never had one, only the old timer solo, so that's all I have to compare it to haha.:myday:

The other thing I noticed, and it may be uhh...warped perception, but I feel like it charges faster when the battery is lower than higher, meaning I plugged it in and the display read 63%, a few minutes later it was at 72, but now it's been about 15-20 minutes from 93 to 96.

It might just be the battery though, but like I said I'm not really battery-savy.

Will do some more research and report back.:science:

That's cool how you inverted the sleeve to view the screen and use the buttons but I suggest buying a external battery charger to always have a battery ready.

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
That's cool how you inverted the sleeve to view the screen and use the buttons but I suggest buying a external battery charger to always have a battery ready.
Yeah, I was afraid I'd have to more cutting but it works just fine.
Although I would buy an "official" one if it came in different colors hehe

And I have a nitecore d2 external charger, using that now to see how long it takes etc.

UnevenPizza,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

Yeah, I was afraid I'd have to more cutting but it works just fine.
Although I would buy an "official" one if it came in different colors hehe

And I have a nitecore d2 external charger, using that now to see how long it takes etc.

I also have a Nitecore d2 and always have 2 batteries ready for my Og Air.

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
I've found that the battery capacity for me is pretty good for my usage, since I can charge mine after 3 bowls in my car. Never really had a need for another battery :shrug: But if I went camping that's a different story.

metaknight,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom