Are there vape downsides?

Big Guwap

We trippy mane!
hey guys this is my first post, New to fc and vaporizing. I've been smoking for 5 years but I went to a friend's house and hit a volcano and was converted instantly. I'm planning on getting a pax, obviously not a volcano but I need portable and to be discreet and that looks best.I love how vaping has better taste, effects, efficiency, but I was wondering if there were any downsides to it? thanks for any help

Big Guwap

We trippy mane!
ha thanks everyone for replies. if the only problems are liking it too much and wanting to buy new pieces then I'm glad I found out about vaping( wish I found it sooner).

Big Guwap,
Reactions: ShipDit

stickstones

Vapor concierge
after a couple of years smoking became useless to me. Now when I take the occasional bong rip it only lasts half as long as it used to. vaporizing can make a tolerance king out of anyone.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Biggest downside? Price!

Possibly. Vapourizing is a much more efficient way to use your stash, especially if you make use of the ABV, and lots of us have saved more than the cost of a vapourizer. Some find vapourizing so good, however, that they increase usage and don't save, but those are a small minority. Vapourizing only gets expensive if you catch VAS—which a lot of us do.

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Possibly. Vapourizing is a much more efficient way to use your stash, especially if you make use of the ABV, and lots of us have saved more than the cost of a vapourizer. Some find vapourizing so good, however, that they increase usage and don't save, but those are a small minority. Vapourizing only gets expensive if you catch VAS—which a lot of us do.
that.

every time i buy a new vaporizer, i double my daily consumption.
but after a while i'm back on the regular rhythm , so i can save material again.
plus ABV, dont underestimate the power of ABV. made some butter with 35g , got us high to the roof.

Tweek

I'm also one of those people who started using way more once I got into vaping. The terrible taste and feel of smoking, made sure I only used when I had to. Now with vaporizing being so pleasureful and tasty, I find it a nice way to relax and am tempted to sit back and vape all the time. :smug:

max

Out to lunch
Biggest downside? Price!

BUT looking @ the big picture...vaping is the ONLY way to go!
Combust and your lungs will turn to dust!
The majority of vaporists find that they use less with vaping, so the vape ends up getting paid for with herb savings. And even if that weren't the case, vapor is so much kinder to your lungs that the price of a good vape is well worth it IMO.

max,
Reactions: ataxian

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I would recommend, if you are shopping for a vaporizer, to look through not only the portables threads, but also at the desktop type units.

Have your seen the Vaporpedia? It's linked at the top of the site. Lots of info there, too, with links and photos.

Enchantre,

Big Guwap

We trippy mane!
well I had a problem buying new pieces when I smoked but for right now I'm gonna try and just stick to a pax for a while til I get my funds up. and I plan on saving my abv for cooking uses. and I can't have a tabletop model cause of living conditions and I smoke or will vape on the go a lot, so portable is a necessity.

Big Guwap,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Downsides to vaping?

You can end up taking too many vapes and get too vaped that you end up breaking your expensive glass pieces. Or is that just me? :lol:

While I believe that vaping is much safer than smoking, there is still much we don't know about vaping. I've read some users complain about sinus problems and tightness in the chest. Could be just the product they where using. IDK. I do know that that nasty phlegm I've had for years is all but gone since I switched, :clap:.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
While I believe that vaping is much safer than smoking, there is still much we don't know about vaping. I've read some users complain about sinus problems and tightness in the chest. Could be just the product they where using. IDK.

Too high of heat and not water filtering tend to cause a tightness low in my lungs. Could be too much straining on my diaphragm(long inhales). These problems go away within a few hours though.

Tweek

Too high of heat and not water filtering tend to cause a tightness low in my lungs. Could be too much straining on my diaphragm(long inhales). These problems go away within a few hours though.

I get really dry and tight lungs, painful coughing if I don't use warm water to filter. Volcano is the worst culprit out of my collection...dry with particles...

Big Guwap

We trippy mane!
stickstones- you saying with the pax the abv won't have enough "stuff" left on it keep and use for edibles, tincture, etc.?

Big Guwap,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
yeah i think this happen to me too . sinus and chest .
but not as intense as when i was smoking.

I get really dry and tight lungs, painful coughing if I don't use warm water to filter. Volcano is the worst culprit out of my collection...dry with particles...
can you explain why you prefer warm water instead of room temp/icy ?

stickstones- you saying with the pax the abv won't have enough "stuff" left on it keep and use for edibles, tincture, etc.?
ABV from my pax is usualy dark brown , ABV from my HA is yellowish/brown.
Convection+ high heat = less active ingredients left.

francis,

Big Guwap

We trippy mane!
well Francis and stickstones that's depressing,I was looking forward to having abv left over to use so I could get all I could out of my herb. But I'm gonna trust y'all on this and just get rid of my abv if there isn't anything to get out of it.

Big Guwap,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
well Francis and stickstones that's depressing,I was looking forward to having abv left over to use so I could get all I could out of my herb. But I'm gonna trust y'all on this and just get rid of my abv if there isn't anything to get out of it.
i keep my Pax ABV , but only when it's light brown . other than that i think its useless.

francis,

Tweek

Once your duff starts looking like coffee grounds, there is very little left.

Tweek,

Big Guwap

We trippy mane!
ok I understand, thanks for the help guys. shout out to fc, I've been posting a lot of questions and everyone has been quick and very helpful with answers. I appreciate it. y'all don't seem to act like 15 year olds trying to be cool like others forums I've found.

Big Guwap

We trippy mane!
I said don't "seem" to be. I'm just saying what I've experienced so far, I'm sure I'll get a better feel the longer I'm on here.

Big Guwap,
Top Bottom