Are there any low cost vaporizers that are good

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamster

I was hoping the Pulsar 7 would be this, but it is an horrible product. I use the Iolite, i am happy with it, but I am sick of the butane part. Try as I might, it always spills and am tired of this.

I would be willing to try the SKyda has a port with 3 temps, but I can't find any good reviews on this company. Just because its made in CHina doesn't mean its bad does it?

MFLB is not stealthy for me. I need it to look like something plausible, like iolite, or the sticks.

TIA,
Adamster

adamster,

lwien

The MFLB is not stealthy for you? How come? Considering the size, the low amount of smell, and the silence of operation, I would think that it's one of the most stealthiest portables on the market, eh?

rayski

MFLB is not stealthy for me. I need it to look like something plausible, like iolite, or the sticks.
I don't know your situation, but the MFLB is small enough to hide in your hand, even in use. It doesn't look like anything when you can't see it.

rayski,
The MFLB is really stealth, it's not much bigger than a match box. You can see the legendary Vito here demostrating.

The Solo is about the size of a red bull can and offers great performance for a portable and is even impressive by desktop standards. It fits nicely in most drinking vessels such as insulated coffee mugs or plastic, big gulp-type cups, with only the stem being visible. Even by itself, it's not a huge attention grabber, especially if you use one of Ed's wood stems.

At any rate, I much prefer both the Solo and MFLB over the Iolite and think you'll appreciate an upgrade in performance with either.

If you like oils then there are a small number of ecigarette-looking devices which are quite stealth and very convenient. Search for the Omicron, Persei, Thermovape Dart or Revolution, etc..

Skyda is generally regarded as a bunch of rip-off artists who make inferior products. My advice is to run from anything with their name on it.

Your Iolite might be "spilling" when you refill it because you could be overfilling it.

hoptimum

I was hoping the Pulsar 7 would be this, but it is an horrible product. I use the Iolite, i am happy with it, but I am sick of the butane part. Try as I might, it always spills and am tired of this.

I would be willing to try the SKyda has a port with 3 temps, but I can't find any good reviews on this company. Just because its made in CHina doesn't mean its bad does it?

TIA,
Adamster

The MFLB is in a class of its own as a one hitter. You push in the battery, the screen is hot in seconds, you hit it, take out the battery and the screen is cool right away. You can keep coming back for hits until your load is toasted. All the others continue to heat your herb, so you need to finish your bowl in one session. So for me, mflb is the most stealthy hit and go. E cigs are stealthy, but often tie you to cartridges. There is a new vape coming out called cera that might work for you. Also the new vaporblunt 2.0. The solo is a great vape but IMO is too big and heavy to really be portable. It does fit perfectly inside a hollowed out red bull can. The iolite is underrated IMO, and you can use it literally right in front of people, especially outdoors, without attracting much attention if youre careful. It doesnt hit as hard as the others, but it creeps up on you.

hoptimum,
Reactions: Vicki

vorrange

Vapor.wise

TIA,
Adamster

The Skyda is bad not because it is made in China but because it is a company that does rip-offs of other products like the Vapir NO2.

If you want something plausible i would get a Thermovape product, so you can just say it is an ecig. The Cera is looking good although it is quite big. You can get the old TV products that are quite new still, the TV T1. The PAX does not look like anything in particular, and you can palm it easily so no one sees it really.

If you want other types that look like something else, the DaVinci looks like a radio, the Puffit looks like an ashtma inhaller.

But honestly, there is nothing that will be so plausible that would draw unwanted attention if one is suspicious IMO.

Even the ones that look like an ecig, it will be a matter of time before vaporizers are known in the mainstream and people will automatically wonder what you might be inhaling. And if you are indoors there might be smell issues.

adamster

I liked the Pen aspect of the Pulsar 7, for the price it would be ok if it worked,
the main fault is that it has no temp. control for vaping, so you often end up
with smoke, which is a nice feature for those who want the choice, but
you never have assurance that the vapo is really right.

Why stealth is important for me, I have a second job in restaurants, which I find very helpful to have some vapo when I get there or a bit later. The most logical place to vape is out back but ther can be people. I live in a paranoid part of USA as far as cannabis, the police will arrest you if caught smoking or vaping outside, in NewJersey. I can't vape inside, some personnel detected this. that is the iolite aroma.

I think the pen is decent stealth, not the best bec. that one looks more like a large market but not quite, I think most would assume its an E-cig. The Iolite remains at a glance, a old mobile or radio.

I had been leaning to the Solo Arizer. Good info about MFLB, I am emotionally wanting to get this one, but stealth is so important in my case. And also I am not a case study, it takes me a long time to get the hang of every vapo i have had or tried.

Almost broke one in a coffeeshop last month.

adamster,

hoptimum

I liked the Pen aspect of the Pulsar 7, for the price it would be ok if it worked,
the main fault is that it has no temp. control for vaping, so you often end up
with smoke, which is a nice feature for those who want the choice, but
you never have assurance that the vapo is really right.

Why stealth is important for me, I have a second job in restaurants, which I find very helpful to have some vapo when I get there or a bit later. The most logical place to vape is out back but ther can be people. I live in a paranoid part of USA as far as cannabis, the police will arrest you if caught smoking or vaping outside, in NewJersey. I can't vape inside, some personnel detected this. that is the iolite aroma.

I think the pen is decent stealth, not the best bec. that one looks more like a large market but not quite, I think most would assume its an E-cig. The Iolite remains at a glance, a old mobile or radio.

I had been leaning to the Solo Arizer. Good info about MFLB, I am emotionally wanting to get this one, but stealth is so important in my case. And also I am not a case study, it takes me a long time to get the hang of every vapo i have had or tried.

Almost broke one in a coffeeshop last month.

Mflb is stealthier than solo and even iolite if stealth is the chief concern.but it is tricky to master and you say you're a slow vape learner. You might get frustrated with the mflb. The batteries can be a pain. But used properly, mflb is a great 1 hitter stealth pipe in the sense that you can take discreet hits when opportunity strikes, pull the battery and be on your way literally in 1 minute.
at $160, the solo is more expensive and larger than mflb but the easiest to use right away, IMO, and has the best flavor. Another stealthy vape is the Pax, which is small and well regarded but is more expensive than these others. I can't comment on ecigs.

hoptimum,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
MFLB is tbe stealth king. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone on here that would disagree. I enjoy using the Solo more for most occations, but you sound as though not being detected is the highest priority. If you take your time and learn how to use the box, you can hit it almost anywhere. If you can be alone for several minutes, get a Solo. So easy and so sweet.

max

Out to lunch
No it doesn't. But the company that produces Skyda products has no integrity. They've blatantly ripped off iolite in the past, trying to make people think their product is the actual iolite. You'll also get no manuf. warranty or support. It's just a bad way to spend your money.

I'm happy with the DaVinci for portable use. It's easy to use and although I don't vape in anyone's face, nobody has given it any notice at a distance.

max,
Reactions: OF

adamster

THe highest priority is the quality of the vaping, but stealth and small is very important as well. I am very much in the closet as far as family and job and I can rarely even talk about my appreciation of the sacred herb. The Iolite for example, I usually clean it daily or when needed as a kind of work break or when waiting for something. I left it near my PC (dumb mistake) and someone looked at it and didnt comment on what is that? And this person is very nosy. Now yes, I shouldn;t have left it out, only my cubicle is at the end of a row (Tnanks GOd). Cleaning is pretty easy I just remove the chamber clear the srceen and wash the piece that hold the weed. If they saw the MFLB, they might. The truth is most people would not know what the MFLB is, but would see it as something 'weird'. the thing is, I do spend time cleaning the vapo and this with the iolite i can do at the restaraunt job again bec it looks like a radio or mobile phone. But I just want to stop with the butane

I will report on what i get soon. thanks for good help here

adamster,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
If your looking for low price and MFLB characteristics then try Dragon Lite Portable.
For $30 and life time warranty, worth a try but would need to get set up with batteries and charger.

Pipes

Pipes,

adamster

what about the bud epen? this seems to be a product that makes vapo and is discreet enough.

adamster,

Pcpvapors

The hammer vaporizer has been getting some good praise....

The MFLB is getting a revamp so to speak in which some of our other members are testing with positive results as well...

160$ gets you the rock steady solo, which IMHO is worth the extra jingle....

adamster

yes I tend to agree. Basically any of the pen units that are priced $50-60 do not have a thermostadt
and so it can easily combust. I may wait to see the new MFLB. The stealth factor, just looking at pictures of course, I think the DaVinci looks most innocent, like a radio of some sort. The only advantage the Iolite has there is that, some people do chew on their cell phone antenna, so even that doesnt look too out of place. The Davince at $240 though, what does it do extra specially over the arizer solo, other than look more stealthy. Arizer only looks like a soda can from afar, this would serve me well on my walks but not casual quick use at the restaurant jobs.

adamster,

mettle

You tossing around a lot of different vapes of varying prices. Maybe give us a price range that you consider 'low cost'?

mettle,

PAZ

Flashvape came out recently ($130), and it might fit your need. While it's not super small, it is very stealthy (looks like a flashlight). I would recommend checking out that thread, it's pretty small and a quick read. Not one negative review from any FC memb er yet.

PAZ,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom