Are cannabis smokers not aware of vaporizing?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm getting the impression that the issue isn't cost savings so much as a personal thing for some. I kind of feel guilty because my original comment seems to have seriously derailed the thread, which was supposed to be about whether smokers are aware of vaping.

pakalolo,

lwien

pakalolo said:
I'm getting the impression that the issue isn't cost savings so much as a personal thing for some. I kind of feel guilty because my original comment seems to have seriously derailed the thread, which was supposed to be about whether smokers are aware of vaping.

Yeah, threads have a tendency to morph and take on a life of their own, but I do think that this is a very valid debate that should be explored be it in this thread, or another.

lwien,

Beezleb

I must apologize and commend Iwien in having the smarts to scoot the converse over.
My next bag is in your honor Iwien, You bastard ;)

For what it is worth, I am one. hehe, all in humor.

Beezleb,

Pappy

shmaporist
lwien said:
Pappy said:
By my own account I declare 20% to 30% conservation which is great!

That is great, Pappy. In these economic times, if we can realize a savings without having to sacrifice anything, it is a major plus, the way I see it.
+1

Pappy,

bcleez

I wonder in total how many people in the whole realm of herb usage use a log style vape. 20,000 maybe? Out of 500 million? I am guessing that of a population of 6 billion that 500 million use herb.

If you don't have one, you just don't get it. I don't mean anything by that but my own experience which went from extremely absurd daily use to super efficient. I think I get more from the log vape then I did smoking 5+ blunts. 5 appropriately timed stems is greater than or equal to the 5 blunts imho.

It really sounds crazy but its not. Plus it is healthy.

bcleez,

sunsett70

i myself have smoked for a couple of years but thought that weed was only limited to joints and bongs. yeah, i know, but i live in a country where the laws are very strict, so it's a very 'closed door' environment for us users. don't even tell me about different strains of weed since i consider myself lucky if i can get my hands on any kind. and now i find out about this vaporizer, wow, i can't wait to try one. wanted the PD but they dont ship international. so maybe i get the pandora DIY or da buddha.

sunsett70,

Carbon

For me things went in opposite. I tried smoking my first year of college but hated it and didn't even get high. Most of my problem with it was that it was disgusting, and I was totally against smoking. A couple years later my first experience getting high was with some really gross but powerful edibles. I tried edibles a few more times at various concerts, and then the vaporizing came along and was the gateway. It eliminated my biggest issue with consuming cannabis in the first place and opened the floodgates.

I have since sinned and combusted at different points, but when I can I try solely to vaporize for health, efficiency, and other reasons.

I have a friend that just prefers smoking to vaping. Fine. Other people cite the cost as their biggest hurdle for getting into it. They don't really think big picture and just imagine the amount of herb they could get for that money instead of how efficient and healthy it will be down the line.

Carbon,

crawdad

floatin
an in-law of mine (and her hubby) smokes it and as with most im pretty sure its one of those "well, this is how its done, how ive always done it and everyone else does it" kind of things. i ordered the happy couple a vg classic for christmas. :brow:

crawdad,

reloader

I think a lot has to do with convenience. Smoking is easier, much less set up and all you need is a pack of papers or a $10 pipe.
I vape exclusively, but I have friends who still combust. One smokes cigs so he doesn't care about health anyway, of course he is younger so that may change as time goes on.

reloader,

djonkoman

I notice that all my non-tobacco-smoking friends love my vaporgenie
of my tobaccosnokingfriends(wich are also the real stoners, the few non-tobacco-smoking are more ocassional weedsmokers, me being the exception) it ranges from thinking it's a cool thing but a bit slow and expensive to preferring smoking
I notice that they tend to be more positive about it if they tried it a second time

djonkoman,

420izzle

I am the lone vaporist in my circle. They've tried and just don't like it as much. Like reloader said above, the convenience factor is big, and being used to the smoke filling the lungs habit. But for me, after my virst vapor pull, I was done with smoke. Well, okay, not true...I'll have the occasional 'social' smoke session.

420izzle,
Top Bottom