Apple Patents a Vaporizer?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'm sure we have been here before...

But id expect terrible battery life, poor specifications and features, and possibly unsafe batteries.....

But it's ok because it will look smart and have an apple logo......
And that's all you need to fool the masses.....

Doktor Dub

in a good mood i would make the obviously jokes like it will look very stylish but can only vape propietary Strains which are more expensive. The pro model can also do special concentrates and with an expensive Adon it can even vape other Strains if they are sold over apples weed-store.

Right now my thoughts are more like: Fuck you Apple, fuck big corporate, leave us alone with our Weed, you didn t ever care or supported us.
Weed should be free, should be local grown, should support our Community!

Babylon leave us alone!

Sorry, rant over.

P.S. fuck you, leave it to us!!!

lwien

anasrzi

Can only agree with Apple products being a cut above (typing on a iPad right now, getting in for four years old and never a problem), got a Mac too that's over 8 years now, once more zero issues be nice to see what Apple come up with as a vaporiser, doubt it will beat my supreme tho ;).

Farid

There are other companies I'd rather see enter the vaporizer industry, but I am sure whatever apple makes will function well. It will probably be excessively expensive for what it is, and I'm sure the app it will come with will be a big selling point (like every new "smart" vape that has come out this year).

MoltenTiger

So the patent at hand is dealing with a sealed unit, and is likely to be oriented around CPU cooling or has even been speculated as far as an in-car aroma device.

It would be entirely radical if Apple entered the cannabis scene. But wouldn't it be awesome!

Edit: so I've done more thinking, turns out it's the seventh anniversary of the iPad today.
But, look where that device is now. As one macrumors poster put it; seven years of development and they added a pencil.
Innovation is running dry at Apple, to be fair they have a shit load of money so they are super robust, but they are increasingly unimpressive and their product range is very repetitious and I'd even say unimaginative and inadequately executed. Apple made its success off the backs of others ideas, and applied genius to create a new standard. The vision of Steve Jobs was pivotal at Apple, and now under Tim Cook things have really slowed down.
The best product Apple have released in the last 3 years, in terms of raw innovation, are AirPods, and that is a pretty lame package to arrive at in 2017, as good as they 'work' (not sound).
I'm more than happy with my Grasshopper vape and don't want perpetuation of Foxconn city situations to drive my retail therapy.

Last edited:

Baron23

Patents are a very tricky thing. I glanced at it and its not completely clear exactly which aspects of this they believe are new and patentable aside from the heating plate descending toward the herb during vaporization. But again, I didn't read it carefully and fully.

Most places file patents routinely to try to establish future rights....doesn't mean that they will get the patent or even use it in a product.

In tech these days, its often profit by intellectual property suit and you have to have the patents established to do so.

buckhakeesah

Completely missed the conversation on this years back. Shouldve just continued the conversation there fellas. My bad. Whatever it is, I hope this helps move this industry forward for everyone.
Thanks for opening my eyes to patents and the IP process.

buckhakeesah,

Adobewan

I've been a Mac guy for many years, between me and the fam, 6 iPhones, 2 iPads, 7 Mac Book Pros, 4 desktop towers, the new Mac Pro can, etc.
I'd love to see the vaporizer Steve Jobs would have helmed but things are different since the innovator passed and was replaced with Tim Cook. Between the Apple watch(why not iWatch, the name works?) that was a dud, the new Mac Book Pros are underwhelming, other phone companies catching up and surpassing them in some ways, the heyday of Apple may be behind us.

This is good for cannabis legislation though, being Apple still has a loud voice and long reach.

Tranquility

Patents are a very tricky thing. I glanced at it and its not completely clear exactly which aspects of this they believe are new and patentable aside from the heating plate descending toward the herb during vaporization. But again, I didn't read it carefully and fully.

Most places file patents routinely to try to establish future rights....doesn't mean that they will get the patent or even use it in a product.

In tech these days, its often profit by intellectual property suit and you have to have the patents established to do so.
I didn't see the claims clearly either. Certainly, making claims in an application is both art and mechanics. There are all sorts of competing values to address when determining how to write a patent up. Even though my buddy is a patent attorney and I have read a lot of them along the way, I am still not very skilled at determining the difference between a narrow and a broad claim or the amount of detail that is appropriate for the eventual business strategy. Heck, in LOTS of them I don't really see the difference from prior art.

virtualpurple

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing an apple vaporizer.

Would I buy one? Doubt it, unless it brought something new and different to the table.

TeeJay1952

HOW-TO-MAKE-AN-APPLE-PIPE.jpg

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
The vape described in the patent sounds pretty lame to be honest. Conduction vape with a depressing plate that's going to get gunked up after use?

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The design of that vapourizer looks more like industrial equipment than something that would work for our purposes. It looks like it could be for massive extractions of volitiles from any substance really. There's no dimensions on those drawings.

anasrzi

They better be for the absurd prices they charge for their products.

Absurd prices yes they are on the high side but after buying computer after laptop each and every other year to get a Mac that's nearly ten years old with zero problems is a blessing. Can say the same with the old iPad I'm using right now, pricey yes..... worth it yes :)

anasrzi,
Reactions: lwien
Top Bottom