Anyone with friends that dont like to vape?

Noonan

I have had a MFLB for about a month, PA for 2 weeks. It has been my only method for blazing since I ave bought it, and the PA only made it more official. My friends though, don't really like to use it. They claim it seems to take too many hits/bud to get them high. I made then aware that there is a technique to it a few times and even before they tried it.

I don't really care.. They can burn harsh ass blunts and I'll use my MFLB. It just seems to be something that might not be for everyone.

Noonan,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Noonan said:
I have had a MFLB for about a month, PA for 2 weeks. It has been my only method for blazing since I ave bought it, and the PA only made it more official. My friends though, don't really like to use it. They claim it seems to take too many hits/bud to get them high. I made then aware that there is a technique to it a few times and even before they tried it.

I don't really care.. They can burn harsh ass blunts and I'll use my MFLB. It just seems to be something that might not be for everyone.

My one good friend will hit it when we hang out. He combusts normally but said he can notice a huge difference when he tried the PA the other day. My girls refuses to hit my vape (but 90% of that is not giving in to ME hahaha) but that's fine I dont really like to share my trenches. She hits her bowl and I have my trench and we are fine with that. She also smokes cigs which I bust her ass on more than anything. I just continually let her know how bad they smell. This is all very hypocritical since I was a smoker a year and a half ago. But back to sharing trenches, I hit and flip it a certain way and it doesn't taste the same when someone else takes a hit off it. I was the same way with a bowl when I used to combust. When someone else hit my bowl the rest of it would not taste the same because they hit it different than I did. It sounds a little nuts but it was very noticeable to me. I used to hit a bowl lightly and if someone drew fast on it, I could notice the taste difference. Usually I will just pack someone their own little trench if they want to vape. Not to be a dick, but im the one usually packing it so everyone else can fuck off if they dont like it :p

I got no problem hitting my trench while everyone else smokes a blunt.

All combusted weed smells like to me anymore is fucking burnt resin. Not sure what's worse that or cig smoke...

JDSupreme,

max

Out to lunch
If you're happy with smoking and the high you get from it, there's not much of a reason to try vapor. Those who just try it in order to use less are the least likely to take to vapor. If you're looking for a healthier way to use, or you don't smoke cigs and therefore don't like taking in smoke, you're more likely to give vapor a good try. Vaping certainly isn't for everyone.

max,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
First time fiancee hit the MFLB, she hit it way too hard, combusted, end up choking and said 'vaping is too harsh' :)

She owns an Iolite, but doesn't use it.

Tom

tdavie,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
max said:
If you're happy with smoking and the high you get from it, there's not much of a reason to try vapor. Those who just try it in order to use less are the least likely to take to vapor. If you're looking for a healthier way to use, or you don't smoke cigs and therefore don't like taking in smoke, you're more likely to give vapor a good try. Vaping certainly isn't for everyone.

Very true!

Me personally, I first got into ecigs, then a month later decided that I was going to buy a vaporizer because I had quit smoking cigs. I thought it was kinda self-hypocritical to not smoke cigs but still smoke weed. I traded a friend a cut for a vapir one and at first I really didn't like it (somewhat having to do with the fact of it being a vapir) but I stuck with it for my lungs sake and after a few days or so I was hooked. Fast forward to about 6 weeks later, I was over a friends house and hit a joint of some FIRE. It tasted like total ass, burnt paper and resin. So I kinda freaked out a little bit and packed a small bowl to hit and see if maybe it was just the joint paper....barf. Never looked back.

At first you really kinda have to WANT to like it. Like most things, if you go in with a negative attitude you're more than likely not going to change your mind.

JDSupreme,

max

Out to lunch
JDSupreme said:
I stuck with it for my lungs sake and after a few days or so I was hooked.
I think it makes a big difference if you just switch to vapor 100%, instead of vaping and smoking-going back and forth. Try nothing but vapor for a few days or a week and you'll be much more likely to get hooked on vaporizing.

max,

darkrom

Great Scott!
That's what happened to me. I originally tried to vape more and smoke less. Then after talking more with my anti-cannabis GF who is now understanding that I use it to replace much worse medications, it's all good...as long as I vape.

She was much cooler with me vaping than smoking. Until I really already started vaping instead of smoking, I would prefer to blaze. Now I can't imagine intentionally hurting my lungs etc to smoke when vaping works better for me.

One of my friends also made the switch. The rest of my friends think I'm crazy and go out and smoke bowls still. We don't really hang out anymore since that's all we did together. A shame really.

darkrom,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
darkrom said:
One of my friends also made the switch. The rest of my friends think I'm crazy and go out and smoke bowls still. We don't really hang out anymore since that's all we did together. A shame really.

Ya my house used to totally be "The Spot" and over the last year Ive really noticed who my real friends were. Hardly anyone stops by anymore (and im not an asshole or anything, we just dont have smoking in common anymore) Its crazy I feel like i've quit weed totally. For example, I ran into an old friend the other day and he was like "Hey stop over and smoke sometime" Then I'd kinda feel like a dick if i stopped over and was like "No, i dont smoke, im cool with my little box over here"

But overall I wouldnt give it up for the world. I have my good friends who stop over for reasons not relating to weed and thats that :)

JDSupreme,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I'd say most if not all of my friends see vaping with me as a 'treat' so to speak. Its something I only let 1 or 2 friends enjoy at a time just because after that, I find the vapor gets split up to much and people end up with a 'weak' impression of it, but most have tried it by now. One of my friends bought a V Tower on ebay and now he has one at his place. I have a few friends that have purchased or want to purcahse MFLBs or a WDZ unit. Its a good thing...it saves my friends money and saves their health.

finchrock24,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I have pretty much the same issue with most of my friends. (Slowly) a couple of them are starting to come around. The problem is most of them smoke cigarettes to begin with, and my run of the mill vapes arent 'enticing' enough to really make them want it more. If I intruduce them to the SSV, then I have better success at really wowing them. Only problem is it has scared more than one of them cause they werent expecting that intense of a high from such a small amount. :brow:

AGBeer,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
AGBeer said:
Only problem is it has scared more than one of them cause they werent expecting that intense of a high from such a small amount. :brow:

Fucking amateurs :lol:

hahaha I hear ya tho my one buddy called me like 10min after he left my house (after vaporbong hits with the box whip) and he was pulled over on the side of the road baked out of his mind.

but he still hasn't switched, its an investment and a commitment at first. then its just a way of life.

JDSupreme,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I think it makes a big difference if you just switch to vapor 100%, instead of vaping and smoking-going back and forth. Try nothing but vapor for a few days or a week and you'll be much more likely to get hooked on vaporizing.

Max, I think you've hit the nail on the head. If you are still combusting occasionally, the difference in taste and effect isn't as obvious.

The few people that I still "imbibe" with have mostly done the switch, but it wasn't easy. One still combusts occasionally. For her, it's a time and convenience thing. It does take longer, as a rule, to vape than smoke. Even with the MFLB, she doesn't feel that vaping is as portable or easy. But, because of her asthma, she knows it's important to change. I've also found that those who do not have health reasons to quit combusting have a harder time, or just don't want to change. To each their own, right?

One thing I have noticed is that my sister in law, who would bum hits/joints off me all the time, has stopped doing so. She acts downright afraid of vaping. Sort of funny. :lol: But good for my stash as she was a real mooch. :rolleyes:

momofthegoons,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Nope. I can honestly say that the majority of my friends get high, and they either own a vaporizer or openly prefer to vape over smoking.

I've met people whop just seem stubborn to change and just disregard a vaporizer before they even tried it enough to understand how it works. These are probably the same people that think electric cars are garbage and will always want to burn shit. Fortunately none of those were my friends, my friends are open minded thank god.

I might also add that I'm not friends with any cigarette smokers either so I'm sure that matters.

aesthyrian,

djonkoman

I noticed my non tonbacco smoker friends love my VG, the others(the majority and all the real stoners) prefer joints mixed with tobacco, some do like my VG but eventually they prefer joints for taste(wich I don't get, in my eyes they're ruining the taste with tobacco), effect and ease(no special technique to smoke)
I know no one who owns a vaporizer(offline that is)
also one friend claims he doesn't get stoned from (combustion) pipes(altough I don't really believe him since after smoking a bowl from my pipe he acted clearly stoned, he's also a major lightweight even tough he smokes a lot)
usually if we smoke with a bigger group they pass a joint with tobacco around while I vape or conbust from a pipe by myself, if we're with only a few persons it depends on the ocassion and the person(s) and if they have their own(I always have, it's my way of getting to choose the way it's inhaled)
outside, especially this time a year, I just combust because it's easier(with cold it's hard to see if I'm getting visible vapor)
inside I get my VG if I have it with me

djonkoman,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
RE: "At first you really kinda have to WANT to like it. Like most things, if you go in with a negative attitude you're more than likely not going to change your mind."

WANT or just having a curious open mind and deferring judgment. I got into vapor out of curiosity rather than health because i was a heavy cigarette smoker at the time.
I took the ultra cheap ass approach initially - the Ubie - and it had no value to me (however one day I'll revisit it because I believe it to be potentially meritorious. But I digress).
Rather than giving up on my quest for vapor, I, after "researching" obsessively for a few weeks bought a SSV and it blew my mind and there was no looking back.

I have a bunch of friends who hang out at my place and it's understood that it's about vapor, or vapor and brownies once in a while, or vapor and one or two joints if someone
wants to roll one. I don't really care, I'll happily smoke along with them and enjoy it.

The funniest comment I heard about vaporizing from a friend who was not sold on it after hitting the SSV was: "Yeah I get it. It's FLOATY, I get it. But it's not for me, it's too RITUAL."

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

I agree, though vaping IS NOT for everyone, some people really need to give it another chance.

I have had a few people who didnt even enjoy the large hits from a whip type vape but who preffered smoking.

I understand and respect that there is something about smoking in and of itself, that I wont mess with.

Thats all I have to say, and try not to be TOO hard on those who say they dont enjoy vapor. Sometimes people just dont want to cooperate but other times they do and STILL dont like it, so figure out which it is before you come to a conclusion.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Sometimes vaping isn't for friends who are, as I like to describe them, "high maintenance pot heads." They pull on the hose and the wand falls off of the heater, or they grab the wand
near the heater to stir and burn their fingers, or they keep complaining, "I'm not getting anything! Can you roll a joint?"

jeffp,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
All great posts! I have been a vaporist since last Spring. I tried one a couple of years back that was actually combusting the flowers because the person didn't know how to adjust the temp on it. Then an old friend of mine told me about her EQ, and her Iolite; and I was sold! I bought the Iolite first and although I enjoy it a lot it can be touchy even with the best butane. I own also an EQ now since July and I have been loving it!!! I have introduced lots of friends to vaping and I even went back and showed my friend how to use their vape and now they are looking into getting a new style vape. It seems like there is a difference in the sensation between vaporizing and smoking, but it is not one that I miss...

I would love to read other people's thoughts on this as well...

Bluntcrush,

djonkoman

jeffp said:
RE: "At first you really kinda have to WANT to like it. Like most things, if you go in with a negative attitude you're more than likely not going to change your mind."

WANT or just having a curious open mind and deferring judgment. I got into vapor out of curiosity rather than health because i was a heavy cigarette smoker at the time.
I took the ultra cheap ass approach initially - the Ubie - and it had no value to me (however one day I'll revisit it because I believe it to be potentially meritorious. But I digress).
Rather than giving up on my quest for vapor, I, after "researching" obsessively for a few weeks bought a SSV and it blew my mind and there was no looking back.

I have a bunch of friends who hang out at my place and it's understood that it's about vapor, or vapor and brownies once in a while, or vapor and one or two joints if someone
wants to roll one. I don't really care, I'll happily smoke along with them and enjoy it.

The funniest comment I heard about vaporizing from a friend who was not sold on it after hitting the SSV was: "Yeah I get it. It's FLOATY, I get it. But it's not for me, it's too RITUAL."

I agree, I got interested in it mostly for the effect(I like headhigh and noticed that the more sativa a strainis the more I like it), the healthaspect was a nice side-effect but far from my main reason to vape
and after my first vaping experience I was sold(that first experience was with a candle and a testtube wich didn't give much visible vapor but did give a very very good taste, and a few times a very heady but sight high)
and my non tobacco smoker friends also want to like it since it's not as harsh, tastier and healthier
my tobaccosmoker friends usually don't like it that much at first or even without trying it think it's not for them, but I notice that if they have used it more, they begin to like it more

djonkoman,

warren79

Im getting a vape in a month(Extreme-Q). Many friends are advising against a vape - they don't really have a reason because some of them haven't tried it and the others tried it once or twice with little success.

I have a huge problem though.

Where I live (South Africa), there are 2 types of weed I smoke. 1st is the local strain - Swazi or Durban poison which is very cheap here and 2nd are the indoor grown strains - Cheese or Northan lights,etc

Ive noticed than with indoor strains, their seems to be very little or NO euphoria. No real happy,giggly,stoned feeling but more of a head/trippy (slight audio and visual hallucinations)high.

With the cheaper local strains the euphoria is felt and I feel more connected to something, Nature is more pronounced and more of a priority.........but the trippy feeling lacks so normally I mix the 2 strains (50/50) and roll a spliff with it to get me somewhere in between.

With a vape however, I have a feeling that this won't be possible since onlt the THC will be vaped, giving the head high. Is it possible to get the whole Hippy connected to the Earth from a vape?

warren79,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Crank up the temps - Absolutely. The higher temps that you will be able to achieve with the EQ will definitely get you to where you are looking to get. The thing is - with vaporization it might take you a bit longer to get there, but you enjoy the ride so much more. :D

AGBeer,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
SmokingElectricity said:
when i first got my DBV i invited my cousin over for a sesh. he told me it didn't work and i wasted my money. :rolleyes:

If they only knew how much higher you could get off so much less....

This guy the other day was talking about how high he got from facing a blunt of nugs...way to waste $60 bro. and see them ashes you throw away? ya I can make my "ashes" into incredible edibles.

I went from smoking over an 8th a day to vaping a gram a day, or .25g and a cookie :)

My LB has paid for itself sooooo many times

JDSupreme,

dtp3347

my roommates are the same way. they refuse to use my vape and they bong or blunt it up all day.

dtp3347,
None of my friends have been very pleased with my vaporizer.
I think it's the specific stoned feeling frim combusting tobacco mix they like and not the effect of the vaporizer.

Vapsofatso,
Top Bottom