• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anyone watch Breaking Bad?

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I saw that SNL bit last night. Laughed my ass off at an SNL skit for the first time in awhile. Simply hilarious.

I wish CNN aired the the whole skit though, some really funny parts were left out.

aesthyrian,

knowmad

I'm feeling so many conflicting emotions having just finished the episode.

The amount of variables one would have to consider to even begin to attempt that clubhouse bullshit, is unfathomable.

It's going to have to settle more before I can read between the lines. I just hope there's something to be read.

I feel like Odenkirk stole my wallet.

Last edited:
knowmad,
Reactions: Hexi

Hexi

I'm feeling so many conflicting emotions having just finished the episode.

The amount of variables one would have to consider to even begin to attempt that clubhouse bullshit, is unfathomable.

It's going to have to settle more before I can read between the lines. I just hope there's something to be read.

I feel like Odenkirk stole my wallet.

Well, we kinda knew it would go like this. I was mentioning a while back on another msg board about BB and how it is 'nu-magical realism'. The clubhouse hit sort of seals it. That rotating M60 at waist height was absolutely a fantastical element (or as we like to say, Bullshit) and being able to 'save' jesse, and his daughter's future and kill everyone he needed to was a bit too neat and tidy and Jesse got to kill Todd, and there was closure on grey matter, and Skyler and Marie made up, and Badger and Skinny P can pretend to be hitman and Walt can find them easily and... and..

and how exactly did Walt make it out of nowhere bumfuck NH which has only 2 roads without getting caught again? Oh right, they skipped that part and all the other parts where it was obviously impossible :D

On the flip side every episode leading up to this was breakneck and awesome. It was a better final episode than Sopranos, Deadwood, Farscape, Firefly, Rome, Carnivale etc...

So even tho it was kind of a let down... it was still a better finale than almost every other TV show ever. Endings don't exist in real life, that's why they often seem absurd in fiction...

But yeah, the rotating M60 Trojan horse scam was totally redonk.

and I think that brings us back to why Vince Gilligan, the hottest TV producer in hollywood, was fired from the Sopranos IMO... he sneaks out of realism and into nu-magical realism when you least expect him to.

Oh and if you really want to watch some horseshit bullshit nonsense fake realism :) Check out the first 50 minutes of The Dark Knight Rises, that fucking movie sits on your face and asks you if you smell realism yet.

grokit

well-worn member
I thought the ricin poisoning reeked of fallacy as well, anybody could have picked up that stevia packet and used it during the window after walt placed it but before Lydia sat down.

grokit,

lwien

Guys, BB wasn't a documentary. It's strictly entertainment and as such, I think we need to suspend our desire to totally see reality in a program whose sole purpose is to entertain. I know that picking a show apart based on what "should" be real is kind of entertainment in and of itself, but for me, I'd rather not see what's behind the curtain and just enjoy the wizard for what he is and viewed in this vain, I really enjoyed the last episode.........especially the neo-nazi massacre. That was actually kinda fun to watch.

On the other hand, any of you guys into Homeland? Another one of my favs. Fun show and it's really fun watching Claire Danes spin her magic portraying someone who is kinda broken. She's REALLY good.

TechnicalToker

What did people expect? They lost the filming rights in New Mexico and by the time the bad press had followed no other community would allow them to film there either. I agree the writers had a year to plan for the ending but how would you wrap it up neatly? As far as structure, it had it in spades and there was limited time to firm up the loose ends.

TechnicalToker,

knowmad

I thought the ricin poisoning reeked of fallacy as well, anybody could have picked up that stevia packet and used it during the window after walt placed it but before Lydia sat down.

I could swallow that by telling myself Walt sat there and kept his eye on the table. We see him already seated nearby as Lydia enters.

he sneaks out of realism and into nu-magical realism when you least expect him to.

I don't find this tasteful or artistic at all, especially for such a pivotal scene that ties up so many loose ends at once.

I welcome a bit of magical, fanciful hogshit mid-season. But come on...

every episode leading up to this was breakneck and awesome.

This is the real kicker.

It's like falling in love, saving yourself for marriage and finding out your new bride is a pre-op transsexual.

knowmad,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
Or like watching an edgy serial drama with a lot of over the top humor/violence/social criticism, only to be treated to a formulaic sitcom-type of wrapitallup ending. I'm okay with that, they really outdid themselves with this show and there was no way to wrap it up and live up to what they had already done before in the same episode. I wonder if Jesse's character will survive into the Odenkirk show.

Last edited:
grokit,
Reactions: knowmad

Smokey

Cloud Master
Mindblowing. A perfect Finale for a perfect series. All is ending and everybody knows it. All things happens just like you would expect, or so. Until the inevitable end.
The king leaves us becoming legend, with his name and reputation intact. Heisenberg was still out there, no one has stolen his name.
He finally found a (clever as always) way to give his family the money.
Jesse manages to not being manipulated for the last time and is finally free to start anew, and that last look between them was "ALL". No words needed.
Perfect scenes for the family goodbye too...him admitting it was only for himself, "I enjoyed it, I was good at it", the last goodbye to Holly, the silent goodbye to an unaware Jr...
Yes, there are some points that have been skipped, but just because they were not needed, ALL that was really needed has been resolved, and I love it.
I really loved everything about this show, and this is one of the most satisfying conclusions I have ever witnessed.
I'm sad now.

Last edited:

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I liked the ending. A little tidy, but right up there with MASH for me.

deadheadbill,

crawdad

floatin
walt falling and crying when hank died reminded me of what gus likely felt when his associate was shot near the pool (scene from flashback in an earlier episode). my guess is walt will play out "blood for blood" as gus did to the ring dinger.

well, more or less i think that happened. walt probably didnt expect to get shot nor did gus expect to have his face blown off.

my initial reaction was "all this is too tidy" but i think overall too much was being wrapped up quickly to fit inside of an episode so it had a rushed feel to it, in that way it differed from the rest of the series and "felt" out of place but i think it accomplished what it needed, just didnt keep me captivated like the others.

crawdad,

Hexi

Gawker has a nice post on this, basically they are looking at the finale as a 3 part chain Ozymandias |Granite State | Felina

Oz was the big punch. Granite State was the quiet, honest character study, and Felina was the fan service/epilogue/happy ending. We essentially got all 3 endings that everyone wanted, in diff eps. Granite State was the most likely ending IMO, Walt in an empty gas truck, dying alone in NH, only 1 guy knows he is there and not about to talk...

After watching Felina, I kinda like my 'ironic' twist ending of Walt in chains still making meth with baby Holly pic on the pole. Ok, I'm packing my bags and headed to Vinewood!

Hexi,

EveryDayAmnesiac

2y3k.jpg

lbxf.jpg

:lol:

budbudbud

I've seen the finale three times now, and each time I got a warm fuzzy feeling on the inside. 10/10 in my book.

budbudbud,
Reactions: Buildozer

Tweek

The ending was great from the perspective that everyone got what they deserved. But, it was definitely a somewhat predictable and tidy little package, indeed. Hard for it not to be though...I think people would of been really pissed had it played out any other way.

The audience likes their revenge.

grokit

well-worn member
At least one person of note;) panned it:

"It turns out, though Britney shared your seemingly limitless love for the meth-cooking adventures of Walter White, your commonality ends with the final episode. Turns out she's not a fan.
The pop songstress behind the current hit single "Work Bitch" appeared on New York radio station Z100 recently to promote her music, but it wasn't long before "Breaking Bad" came up. When asked about her thoughts on the finale, she said: "I thought it was really sad. I didn't like it at all. I don't think [Walt] should have died."
And because everyone has their thoughts on how it should have ended, Britney offered up her own take on a fitting conclusion: "Maybe they'll do another episode where the ambulance comes and revives him or something."
So there you go, "Breaking Bad" fans. It turns out, the finale love is not universal. And even the biggest of pop stars could not bring herself to completely turn on the cold, calculating nature of Walter White."

Lolz... maybe she didn't really get the whole "fatal cancer" thing :rolleyes:

grokit

well-worn member
There's been other good ones for sure and there's some decent shows out now, but since the demise of braking bad the only series that I really look forward to seeing anymore is game of thrones. Homeland is okay and spartacus was badass, but hurry up springtime because winter is coming!

"Chaos is a ladder...":popcorn:

Edit: Lol, copying post to the game of thrones thread, subscribed :freak:

Last edited:
grokit,
Reactions: weedemon
Top Bottom