• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear Anyone w wax pen/ Saionara atty? help w temp and load size

ice005

Hi Guys,

My Saionara Attachment (with my eLeaf Pico) finally arrived!
JXgxhhr.jpg

Excitedly read through Reddit and FC posts I could find, then read the guide sent to me by HVT (the seller).

SxPqWlW.jpg

Decided to try Miracle A coil first...dont know if this size dab is correct or I should load a bigger one on the A coil? I read in the links below and the guide from www.HumboldtVapeTech.com that it can take 0.1 to 0.3 but my scale just wasn't cooperating with me...

I was an idiot and the 1st hit, I did at 14W with the Miracle A (rather than the 8-9W recommended) ... I got a pretty harsh but very cloudy hit...and tons of coughing

The 2nd hit, I did a bit smaller than the image, turned it down to 8.5... great flavour., no coughing.. zero cloud :( is this normal not getting clouds at this temp? or did I just not load sufficient concentrate in it?)

ice005,

waxdab23

Probably most of that load was spent after you took the massive hit at 14W. That's why you didn't get much on the second hit at lower wattage.

waxdab23,
Reactions: KLo

ice005

Probably most of that load was spent after you took the massive hit at 14W. That's why you didn't get much on the second hit at lower wattage.
oh no I loaded the same amount on the 2nd hit but at lower temps. didnt use the same load...which was why I got confused

ice005,

waxdab23

oh no I loaded the same amount on the 2nd hit but at lower temps. didnt use the same load...which was why I got confused

Oh gotchya...personally I wasn't a big fan of the Miracle coils that come with the Sai, just because I got a weird taste from them. What if you bump it up to 10 or 11 watts?

I do, however, really enjoy the the wax coil, especially for massive rips. I hit the wax coil at 22.5W. Flavor is excellent, except for the slight metallic taste from the metal housing and mouthpiece. HVT has glass housings and I've been meaning to grab one.

Edit: Actually, looks like it's only the mouthpiece that he offers in glass: http://humboldtvapetech.com/products/glass-tips-for-saionara-atomizer. Should still be a bump in flavor I would imagine.

waxdab23,

ice005

really enjoy the the wax coil, especially for massive rips. I hit the wax coil at 22.5W. Flavor is excellent, except for the slight metallic taste from the metal housing and mouthpiece. HVT has glass housings and I've been meaning to grab one.

I did a mini cleanse/burn at 14w to remove any manuf. oils...there was a bit of a weird smell. the 2nd load was definitely better, just zero vapour so I wasnt sure if I did that right.

Tried some wax (vs shatter) don't know if that mattered but at 10w as you suggested, clouds and good taste.

yup, its the glass mouthpiece... I was torn on waiting for the black ceramic and SS coils but got impatient and didnt want to wait 2-3 weeks to try the Sai everyone on reddit has been raving about.

Compared to the Yocan Nyx though....its about a BILLION times better even with just the Miracle A... now trying to work up the courage (and lung coughing stamina) to try the Wax Coil lol

are you planning on buying the black ceramic and SS coil?

ice005,

waxdab23

Yes, actually I'm really looking forward to that release and do indeed plan on purchasing some when available.

The one thing I dislike about the wax coil is that the rod/wick is made of a non-porous material - quartz. So unvaped oil just rolls off of there and pools at the bottom of the cup.

The black ceramic is porous and does a good job of absorbing oil. I have experience with this using the W9 AC coils.

Also, the stainless steel will give us Temperature Control capability.

You're fine on not waiting - you'll need replacement coils eventually anyway.

waxdab23,

clukx

i love this atomizer so much, im not sure about the type a or b coils as i only used and have the wax coils
im glad i found this atomizer lol

clukx,
Reactions: KLo

ice005

i love this atomizer so much, im not sure about the type a or b coils as i only used and have the wax coils
are you planning on getting the black ceramic rapped in stainless steel so you can control temps on top of watts?

ice005,

clukx

are you planning on getting the black ceramic rapped in stainless steel so you can control temps on top of watts?
when is it released? and possibly depending on the size of coil and wick? if its large like the wax coil ill be interested

clukx,

clukx

ahh ok yes i did see those the picture just looked like a quartz rod as well i guess i didnt read...how well do they perform?

clukx,

waxdab23

ahh ok yes i did see those the picture just looked like a quartz rod as well i guess i didnt read...how well do they perform?

They literally just came out maybe a day or two ago. I haven't purchased yet and haven't heard about anyone using them. I have high hopes for it though - it's on my loooong vape shopping list lol.

waxdab23,

KLo

No Ember

Sainora atomizer is magic and I can vouch for the Miracle A and B coils. They are efficient and great for low-temp micro dabbing, esp the B. A-coil spits out more vapor. Wax Kanthal wrap is probably the heavy hitter, but for taste.. go with the ceramic and accept the wisps.

Top Bottom