Anyone tried out the Element Delux/Table Vaporizer? (Vapman's Big Brother)

herbivore21

@herbivore21 I don't know the GonG, does it need a conical bore? A lot is possible with that set up, really.

This vape provides all the temperatures needed to vaporize any botanical substances, you can go from very low to close of combustion.

vapman
Great stuff, sounds like we have the right temperature range! A GonG joint is a ground glass joint such as used on lab glassware. These ground glass joints are generally factory made and then welded to another glass tube in the usual way by a glassblower.

I am sure that the element can be made in this fashion, it would also remove any silicone from the equation (I do not use silicone in air paths). I believe the best way to adapt the current design to work as I describe would be where the whip comes out in your design, to have a 14mm female ground glass joint recessed into the top of the glass vapor chamber. A separate U shaped glass tube with a 14mm male (facing 90 degrees downwards) ground glass (GonG) joint on either side to be connected from the Element chamber to a bubbler/bong.

I could draw a diagram if it will help, since I know that words alone are not the best way to describe such things :)

I would be very quick to order an Element designed in this way, since it is close to my ideal vaporizer. By the way, how is the temperature controlled on the Element?

grokit

well-worn member
How about a fresh pic :tup:

element_basic3.jpg

herbivore21

How about a fresh pic :tup:

element_basic3.jpg
Wow actually now that I look at it, I think the most parsimonious setup might actually be to use a ground glass connection (14mm male at the bottom of the bowl connecting to a 14mm female joint recessed into the can of the vapor chamber if this makes sense). This 14mm configuration would maximize compatibility with flower rigs, most of which are female jointed. If there were some way to adjust the height of the bowl up and down, this would mean that the height could be adjusted to connect to most 90 degree angled bubblers :D, it would also make the standard vapor chamber a modular component which can still be used for those who don't mind silicone ;) I believe it would be simple enough to use a tripod/microphone stand-style adjustment mechanism to allow for this functionality.

This seems like a way to make the Element appeal to a whole new demographic and useful in most different scenarios for most kinds of vaporists with hopefully minimal changes :)

Last edited:

vapman

Manufacturer
@herbivore21 Not quite sure if I'm on the same wagon, are you aware that the whiskey glass is a water filter? If you like the vapor going through glass and water only, you simply could get a glass tube with a bent and stick it in the lid. I actually have customers which did exactly that.

May be I misunderstand you as I am not familiar with all these water tools, myself I use the Element without water in the glass, the vapor is absolutely smooth and cool.

Temperature control is most simple and reliable on this unit as you actually feel and "see" the temperature.
This is the fun side of this vaporizer, you actually can observe the whole process and you see and feel long before when the temperature is getting too hot, all you have to do is switch down to the second level and the temperature will stay more or less on that level. You will never burn your botanicals because you are part of the process, it is all sensing, observing and no thinking at all. With this unit you don't set a temperature, you find the ideal temperature each and every time you are using this vape, our senses and eyes beat any electronics.

vapman

herbivore21

@herbivore21 Not quite sure if I'm on the same wagon, are you aware that the whiskey glass is a water filter? If you like the vapor going through glass and water only, you simply could get a glass tube with a bent and stick it in the lid. I actually have customers which did exactly that.

May be I misunderstand you as I am not familiar with all these water tools, myself I use the Element without water in the glass, the vapor is absolutely smooth and cool.

Temperature control is most simple and reliable on this unit as you actually feel and "see" the temperature.
This is the fun side of this vaporizer, you actually can observe the whole process and you see and feel long before when the temperature is getting too hot, all you have to do is switch down to the second level and the temperature will stay more or less on that level. You will never burn your botanicals because you are part of the process, it is all sensing, observing and no thinking at all. With this unit you don't set a temperature, you find the ideal temperature each and every time you are using this vape, our senses and eyes beat any electronics.

vapman
I did indeed notice that the included vapor chamber is also a small bubbler. However, I am someone who uses very high temps for hashes to medicate my insomnia (this would be my sole use, I have not been a flower user for a very long time). The larger hash hits I require for sleep necessitate more percolation, with water becoming a must have. I can dab without water, but I definitely can't vaporize hash in that way without coughing up a lung unfortunately lol

Add to this that I like many in large cities live in a small apartment and do not have space for more glass at my vaporization station. My glass is all very high quality unique worked and/or sandblasted glass too, which I really do like to use as they cost me a lot of money and not only provide elaborate and very satisfying percolation for my needs, but look fantastic too!

When I purchased a Sublimator in another life, I got the 'adapt-a-bong' model to allow me to use my existing glass for the same reasons. However, I believe that your design on the element stand and bowl, with the modifications I have mentioned above will actually provide a much better solution than the sublimator that is more stable and secure on top of the rig (due to the wonderful wooden stand, which with the adjustability I mentioned above provide the same stability and security to people to use with their own bubbler).

This modified Element design to me would represent perfection in terms of what I would like from a loose leaf/crude resin vaporizer.

As it currently stands, I really require to be able to avoid purchasing/owning additional glass and also any use of silicone rubbers/polymers of any kind in the vapor path.

By the way, how long does the Element take to heat up? My understanding is that halogen heat sources can be quite fast in heating up for this application which is quite an attractive feature! :)

I apologise in advance lol, I understand that my requests are quite particular, however I assure you that I am prepared to spend what it takes so that I do not need to compromise on my requirements :) I am also very confident that a lot of other people here would prefer this adaptable model of the Element, which I believe could really attract a following around here and beyond :D

As it already stands though, I am sure plenty will love the Element as is too :)

I do really love the visual ability to see the vaporization take place as you describe, this is how my current flower vaporizer and d-nails operate too. It is indeed as you say, a very satisfying way to vaporize one's botanicals :)

Last edited:

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
our senses and eyes beat any electronics.

I don't agree with the idea that watching vapor is better than temp control. Define "beat". Using a temp controller I can make piles of consistent abv all day long without looking. A person can see a change in 1/4 of a second, I use a temp controller that can read the temps and decide to fire the heater every 1/10 of a second.

vapman

Manufacturer
I don't agree with the idea that watching vapor is better than temp control. Define "beat". Using a temp controller I can make piles of consistent abv all day long without looking. A person can see a change in 1/4 of a second, I use a temp controller that can read the temps and decide to fire the heater every 1/10 of a second.

I agree with what you say but I am not talking about controlling the temperature, I am talking about finding the ideal vaporizing temperature of any particular substance. No matter what technology you are using, in the end, it is our senses judging if we like the temperature, taste and so on. As a CNC programmer I am well aware of what electronics can and we don't.
In other words, with this system anybody will find the right temperature with any type of plant, you don't have to know and enter any degrees in C° or F°, all you do is vaporize and you find the temperature as you do it without thinking.

vapman

vapman

Manufacturer
Here are some side notes to take along with the video:

To keep the video short, the unit has been preheated beforehand for a bit longer than 2 minutes.

After two minutes the temperature of the halogen bulb and surrounding glass is high enough to heat up the

moving air (convection) to vaporization temperature. Depending on how hard and frequent someone draws

on the whip (medical silicone with glass mouthpiece), the temperature will rise very slowly up to

around 240°C, which is on the border to combustion. Way before it gets to that point, the user will find his

sweet spot and can stay there by simply switching down to the 2nd level. At this level, the temperature will

more or less stay the same or decrease slowly, this is again related to the frequency and drawing speed of

the inhalation. As complicated this system of temperature control is to describe, as simple it is to use. You

can't go wrong, there is virtually no risk of combusting, it would have to be done deliberately.

Funny, I sold hundreds of these and nobody ever complained about too low or too high temperatures, people

seem to use it like a shower, everyone senses his favorite temperature naturally.

vapman:)

View My Video

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
@vapman do you have any pictures to share with us? Ive seen some nice looking walnut ones .. are there photos of other wood species?

Also maybe a way to work with existing glass waterpipes is to have a height adjustable lamp and then sell some vapouriser bowls with universal ground glass joints on them.

vapman

Manufacturer
@VapourHazeI am not happy with the video, I think it is too short. We should have shown how the density of the vapor increases as the session goes on. Beside this, I don't like that the video can only be seen over "tinypics", we might make a better video later on.
Sorry, I don't have any pictures of this model with other woods than the european walnut, the other woods are mainly beech wood.

Yes, this vaporizer could be used with other water tools and bongs, the diameter of the glass tube with the halogen bulb is 22mm.

vapman

Last edited:
Top Bottom