1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Anyone tried out the Element Delux/Table Vaporizer? (Vapman's Big Brother)

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Seren, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Seren

Seren Away with the fairies

Hello there fellow FC'ers! I came across this funky looking vaporizer earlier online:

[​IMG]

From what I gather it's big brother to the portable Vapman Vaporizer. Just wondering if anyone here has tried it out?

darkrom, mvapes, RUDE BOY and 3 others like this.
  2. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

cool find seren.. never heard of it, but i like it.. mostly because it looks so different.

i just found one video of it.. it doesn't really show it in action enough though.

edit VVV: looks like we found the same video then .. too bad.. it's the only one i found.. i'd like to see a video that really shows its capabilities off.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  3. Seren

I like the look of it too, it's really quirky! It's been around for quite some time from the look of things, I found one demo vid from 2008. I'm thinking someone here must have tried it. It's not cheap to buy, so the makers obviously rate it highly.

EDIT: Yep that's the vid I found too, as you say it's a bit lame! Would be great if someone here knew of any better ones. :)

mvapes, deadheadbill and Buildozer like this.
  4. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I don't believe they even make this unit anymore, if I recall correctly.

mvapes likes this.
  5. Seren

mvapes likes this.
  6. Buildozer

i wouldn't be surprised if it's not being made anymore... but it would be cool if some one has one they can dust off, and show us whats up.

Seren likes this.
  7. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I would imagine. Unless he has started making them again...last I heard they were kind of a bomb, so he stuck to making Vapman

mvapes likes this.
  8. Seren

Ahhh, that's a shame - they look awesome! Given the ingenuity of the Vapman I was starting to get a little excited there!

Bouldorado and mvapes like this.
  9. Richy

Richy Frequently up in space with Bowie

Now I'm thinking about combining a friend's Magick Wand with the arm from a desk lamp to create something similar for a fraction of a cost. It seems like it could be a viable solution to how hot it gets and also would secure it from breakage a bit better. I'm not sure whether it would pull to the side when lifting it up from and placing it back down in the bowl but I'm hoping to end up with some thing similar to what @Rocket did with his LSV here.

mvapes, Seren and Buildozer like this.
  10. max

max Bingo Coordinator Staff Member

In the vaporizer world the Element is ancient. I don't know if they still make it. Vaposhop has a page on it, but says "We don't sell this product anymore." The plug and voltage are also set up for European use.

Seren likes this.
  11. Seren

That sounds like a mighty plan you have there Richy - would love to see a pic once you're done. :)

Yeah I've noticed that a couple of shops state that it's no longer available. Do you have any idea why this particular vaporizer was a flop? Poor marketing? Poor functionality? Or did they just price themselves out of the market?

:peace:

mvapes likes this.
  12. vapmanjoe

vapmanjoe Member

I'm only able to speculate, why they took it out of the market, but it's definitly available at verdampftnochmal, i even saw it in real last year in their shop in berlin. it works a little bit like the Aromed, Verdampfer or maybe Herborizer with temp control (3 positions), nevertheless i think it looks like a very unique device like the vapman. but the market ist full off good products and this one is quite pricy. did anyone saw their "third" product named "Element Pocket Vaporizer". works with friction...but also not available anymore at verdampftnochmal. i read an interview in an online newspaper from his hometown "biel" in switzerland and also some comments from a member in another forum who met him, an he seems to be dedicatet to his products. he even invents different types of vapes for his private pleasure... would like to see into his treasure chest :)
    So, i think he concentrated on the vapman because of the better reviews and perhaps it was both for him (respective investment) and us (freaking pleased with this beast) the most efficient vape! True to the motto quality rather than quantity... and i've seen some surprising news for the vapman...

... sorry for my bad gramma

Seren, Tweek and Buildozer like this.
  13. Buildozer

i forgot about that friction vape.. seemed like a pain to use hah.. interesting though, for sure.

Seren and Tweek like this.
  14. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I bought a Vapman, was my admiration for his dedication to fine craftsmanship. You have to admire a guy, who works so lovingly on each vape.

Enchantre, mvapes, Stu and 4 others like this.
  15. vapmanjoe

vapmanjoe Member

sorry forgot to introduce myself. I'm quit new to vaporising and till now not participating but reading you're comments at this forum. own a vapman since 2011 but shamefully gave it up to use it quit early because of still combusting and not really appreciating the time needed to learn the joyement of vaping. after quitting smoking cigarettes or combusting mj this year i gave it a chance again and it was sort of a rebirth of rediscovering this wonderful plant. own a herborizer as my stationary device

Seren, Buildozer and Tweek like this.
  16. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be ashamed. It happens. But you can get really good at controlling the Vapman with a bit of practice. I generally hit the cone with my torch for about 3 seconds, and then wait 2 seconds, and then hit it another 4 seconds. You only need a small torch lighter for this...anything bigger will be hard to control.

The first hit will be a bit lighter, but as you continue, you should be able to get full hits. I am also a big fan of using in on glass and can get it to milk fairly well.

Long slow draws are key.

mvapes, Seren and vapmanjoe like this.
  17. vapmanjoe

vapmanjoe Member

yea back to the element deluxe vaporizer... stealthy in a way for a stationary, without the waterfilter you could use it like a bedside lamp ;-)

Seren likes this.
  18. Seren

Yes, it does seem very similar in function to the Aromed, but aesthetically I personally way prefer the Element. I love the lamp-like style of it, and that it's made of wood. As you say, the main unit itself would sit nicely on a bedside cabinet or table, and not look at all out of place. For that price you'd expect it to be top notch really. Given the lack of reviews, I'm not surprised people haven't taken the plunge. The Vapman himself sounds like a right Caractacus Potts - it really would be interesting to see what other inventions he's come up with!

The Vapman is indeed beautifully made, and as you say @vapmanjoe very efficient!
    :nod: Couldn't agree more. Even though from the off I enjoyed using it, practice makes perfect as they say.

Oh and welcome to the forum @vapmanjoe :wave:

mvapes and Tweek like this.
  19. mvapes

mvapes Surrounded by the healthy!

I was going to say this is a wooden Aromed. That thing kicked ass, but a bit awkward trying to find it's place on the desk. This would have been a great alternative. That bulb get hot as fuck though, I say this from experience.

momofthegoons, Seren and Tweek like this.
  20. TboneToker

TboneToker Member

Looks like a Wooden Aromed

Seren likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors