Anyone mixed weed with allergy medication? Zyrtec in particular

Mookie0608

Hey guys I figured I would ask because who better to ask then other vegetable consumers. I have allergies bad enough as it is, and I often wind up getting addicted to afrin only taken it 2 days. Weed dries me out even more smoking or vaping it don’t matter along with getting me congested. It’s tolerable some nights, but still frustrating. I picked up some drug free nasal spray by arm and hammer think it’s just water and salt saline or something like that. My neti pot does a decent job to but doesn’t last but 15-20 minutes. The pharmacist recommended that with Zyrtec and it says it can be sedating or what ever and some drugs and weed can have an impact on the way you feel.

Does anyone take have a similar problem with congestion etc and weed makes it worse? Is so do you take allergy pills or any other way that can help you breathe easier. I don’t want to sound like a baby or anything but I’m still fairly new to medical marijuana, and it does get me anxious, and I already had 1 bad experience with mixing weed with a medication. Elequist for blood clots made things a nightmare. Weed would make me feel like I’m blacking out barely breathing and in a dream. Stopped that medication and all the craziness after using weed went away. The doctor trying to say that my blood is to thick and I need to be on it, or at least baby aspirin. my hemoglobin levels are to high. After that bad experience I really don’t want anymore.

Mookie0608,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Hey guys I figured I would ask because who better to ask then other vegetable consumers. I have allergies bad enough as it is, and I often wind up getting addicted to afrin only taken it 2 days. Weed dries me out even more smoking or vaping it don’t matter along with getting me congested. It’s tolerable some nights, but still frustrating. I picked up some drug free nasal spray by arm and hammer think it’s just water and salt saline or something like that. My neti pot does a decent job to but doesn’t last but 15-20 minutes. The pharmacist recommended that with Zyrtec and it says it can be sedating or what ever and some drugs and weed can have an impact on the way you feel.

Does anyone take have a similar problem with congestion etc and weed makes it worse? Is so do you take allergy pills or any other way that can help you breathe easier. I don’t want to sound like a baby or anything but I’m still fairly new to medical marijuana, and it does get me anxious, and I already had 1 bad experience with mixing weed with a medication. Elequist for blood clots made things a nightmare. Weed would make me feel like I’m blacking out barely breathing and in a dream. Stopped that medication and all the craziness after using weed went away. The doctor trying to say that my blood is to thick and I need to be on it, or at least baby aspirin. my hemoglobin levels are to high. After that bad experience I really don’t want anymore.

lifelong horrible allergies, living in Santa Ana Wind central in O.C., with all flavors of pollen flurries.

I recommend keeping saline nasal spray around at all times.
I have used both Neti-Pot and Nasal Irrigator, good investment.
I recommend trying a diluted amount of Alkalol in the sterile saline solution, helps quite a bit.
I also have a big roll around HEPA air cleaner with like 25lbs of activated carbon in it, also a good investment.

Zyrtec is far less sedating than most antihistamines, I've experienced no interactions between considerable amounts of cannabis and Zyrtec.
I also use plain Robitussin (Guaifenesin) to keep my throat soothed, it is a demulcent and expectorant, so should be useful for anyone with allergies.

If you're actually using MEDICAL cannabis, hopefully you've got a healthy amount of CBD in the mix, that should help mitigate anxiety. Without it, especially with high THC strains, folks who are succeptible to anxiety will see it happen THEN.

If your blood is that thick, do indeed at least start baby aspirin. High hemoglobin levels, this sounds like a disease a friend of mine up north has :(

Hope this helps.
As for interactions with drugs, most of what I'm familiar with (research-wise) is the Cytochrome P450 Enzyme mechanism and how it is affected by CBD.

sickmanfraud

I am a medical cannabis patient. I use Zyrtec occasionally and have never noticed it having any interaction with my cannabis.

sickmanfraud,

Vaporware

On it right now with no problems. Either one alone can already be sedating for me sometimes, but mixing doesn’t seem to double that effect or anything.

Vaporware,

Mookie0608

Okay great thanks.

As far as the thick blood or what ever goes I was fine until I was in the hospital last June. They misdiagnosed me and ivs infiltrates twice wound up getting a blood clot from it and I had an issue with my heart screaming in pain and all that good stuff. They swore it was anxiety but I really don’t believe them. I think doctors now days get way to much credit and are over rated. They tried saying I have a blood disorder as well called factor 5 lidens mutation or something like that. Yet nobody in my family has it or ever had a blood clot. I do have a heart arythmia though. I just don’t buy into all this nonsense they tell me considering this group has been wrong more then they have been right, and all the medications they put me on make me feel like crap. I could be wrong with the thick blood but I thought I read that weed can do that it’s apart of being high but it’s only temporary. If you get blood work while high or shortly after using just like it does to your eyes it opens up all your vessels and arteries. So not sure if it’s the case or not or the artical I read was wrong but I am on the understanding that it increases blood flow and opens up arteries for a short period while under the influence. If my blood was really that thick then why the heck was the blood thinner I was on doing? That would make me freeze even when it was 100 outside off and on. On top If the other stuff.

Mookie0608,

looney2nz

Okay great thanks.

As far as the thick blood or what ever goes I was fine until I was in the hospital last June. They misdiagnosed me and ivs infiltrates twice wound up getting a blood clot from it and I had an issue with my heart screaming in pain and all that good stuff. They swore it was anxiety but I really don’t believe them. I think doctors now days get way to much credit and are over rated. They tried saying I have a blood disorder as well called factor 5 lidens mutation or something like that. Yet nobody in my family has it or ever had a blood clot. I do have a heart arythmia though. I just don’t buy into all this nonsense they tell me considering this group has been wrong more then they have been right, and all the medications they put me on make me feel like crap. I could be wrong with the thick blood but I thought I read that weed can do that it’s apart of being high but it’s only temporary. If you get blood work while high or shortly after using just like it does to your eyes it opens up all your vessels and arteries. So not sure if it’s the case or not or the artical I read was wrong but I am on the understanding that it increases blood flow and opens up arteries for a short period while under the influence. If my blood was really that thick then why the heck was the blood thinner I was on doing? That would make me freeze even when it was 100 outside off and on. On top If the other stuff.

yeah, you don't need bad pharma drugs messing you up, if you tell the doc and they do nothing, find a new doc. that said, not all bigpharma drugs are bad.

I'd find a different doc and get a 2nd opinion.

looney2nz,

Hey Nineteen

I use Nasonex spray and Claratin D at alll times. If I didn't I would have to quit smoking. My allergies and sinuses suck ass.

Hey Nineteen,
Reactions: looney2nz

Mookie0608

Yeah man I hear you. I really believe for the quality of our American health care it should be free. Canada is doing it if our health care is going to be this horrible then the pricing should match it. Yet even hospitals willl charge you the same or more as staying at a 5* hotel in Dubai.

I’m another note took the Zyrtec and I did wind up getting really drowsy after vaping. Not sure if it’s a combination though as I baked every 30 minutes or so as the high wore off I would vape a little more over the course of 2 hours I had 2 full bowls or what ever of pax 3. Seemed a little like things were a haze or dream but it was still nice.

Mookie0608,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I have the same problems as @looney2nz as i live in the same area. Irvine here. My doc recommended i try Flonase over the pills earlier this year and i havent looked back. Flonase works great and doesnt dry you out.

Flonase is a spray or Mist. I prefer the mist.

Shooby,

Mookie0608

I had Flonase to it’s not bad, but it doesn’t help me that much. It helps one thing but not the other. It doesn’t open my nose up any. Love the neti pot but again that cleans me out and gets me un congested, but does not last long or open my nose up. The afrin extra moisturizing has opened my nose up and made it a lot easier to breathe but then again you have to deal with the rebound congestion. It may sound dumb but putting my pink up my nose even when really stuffy and kind of pressing up opens my nostril right up and makes it so easy to breath. It’s only the right side though, and even just breathing out through my nose there’s hardly and air flow out the right side just the left. When my nose gets opened up it improves a decent amount but not as much as other side.

Mookie0608,

looney2nz

I had Flonase to it’s not bad, but it doesn’t help me that much. It helps one thing but not the other. It doesn’t open my nose up any. Love the neti pot but again that cleans me out and gets me un congested, but does not last long or open my nose up. The afrin extra moisturizing has opened my nose up and made it a lot easier to breathe but then again you have to deal with the rebound congestion. It may sound dumb but putting my pink up my nose even when really stuffy and kind of pressing up opens my nostril right up and makes it so easy to breath. It’s only the right side though, and even just breathing out through my nose there’s hardly and air flow out the right side just the left. When my nose gets opened up it improves a decent amount but not as much as other side.

you need to build up the dose of Flonase in your system, it doesn't work like Afrin.
I think it's something like a week before you've built up the right tissue levels, and then you have to continue taking it for the relief it brings. Alkalol will help in the neti-pot, just dilute the crap out of it to begin with (sterile saline).

looney2nz,

Mookie0608

I’ll try then when I get back home. As for the Flonase I been on it for 2 months straight wait maybe not but I think it’s the same thing just better and prescription fluticasone. It helps I will admit that but it’s far from perfect.

Mookie0608,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I’ll try then when I get back home. As for the Flonase I been on it for 2 months straight wait maybe not but I think it’s the same thing just better and prescription fluticasone. It helps I will admit that but it’s far from perfect.

Flonase isnt a spray you take when you are congested and have allergies. It is something you take in the morning to prevent allergies. I mist after the shower every morning. My doctor told me for 3 months straight every morning then stop and see how my allergies are.

Top Bottom