anyone have a blade scale?

gettin lifted

psychonaut
i just picked up a blade 0.1 x 1000g scale and it weighs fine. i weighed some bud on my old scale and this one.

my question to anyone out there that has this scale, does yours turn off without hitting the off button? is there some sort of energy saving mode? i noticed that when i dont put anything on the scale for a minute it turns off.

also tried putting buds on and off for a while and it lasted longer but still turned off.

thinking its defective. is it worth the hassle of shipping back? i dont think the headshop i got it from will replace it since it has a 10 year warranty through the manufacturer. I mean it weighs correctly it just shuts off unexpectedly.

gettin lifted,

Nosferatu

Hahaha thats an auto shut off feature. I think most scales do the same thing, I know it can get annoying though. But its better than us forgeting and the next time you want to use it it is out of batteries.

Nosferatu,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
well i was wrong it turns off after 1 minute of no use. i just set the stopwatch on my phone and for the last 8 mins i was adding and removing buds from the scale and it didn't turn off. i did however change the cheap batteries it came with to some energizers.

im gonna give it another 5min try of weighing and pulling off buds to see if i was just a dumbass. my older scale doesnt shut itself off. :lol:

gettin lifted,

Nosferatu

I wish it was longer than a minute though, 3 would be more like it cuz if you havent used it by then you obviously aren't. But 1 minute sometimes your just handling your stuff and it goes off, which is annoying.

Nosferatu,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
ya it seems to be fine. i was just dumb. seems like a great scale by the way. comes with a sweet hard plastic case and you can use the bottom or the top as a tray to weigh your herbs on. also a little vinyl pouch to put it into to protect the plastic covers lol.

gettin lifted,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I HATE auto-shutoff on scales. Especially the one i have because it shuts off even sooner than that. I feel very rushed any time i use it. I need something new, that weights to .01 anyway, i'll have to make sure it doesnt have this problem too.

steiner666,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
steiner666 said:
I HATE auto-shutoff on scales. Especially the one i have because it shuts off even sooner than that. I feel very rushed any time i use it. I need something new, that weights to .01 anyway, i'll have to make sure it doesnt have this problem too.

ya this scale shuts off after exactly 60 seconds if you aren't weighing your stuff. i can manage with that a i suppose.

gettin lifted,

max

Out to lunch
I've got a My Weigh Durascale that times out and shuts off too. It can be a big pain if you're in the middle of something. Luckily, the 'auto off' can be programmed for 2, or 3 minutes, instead of 1. Since I use NiMH batteries anyway, I chose 3 minutes-makes a big difference.

max,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
well it isnt all bad. it turns off after 1 minute of idle time. (not putting anything on the scale)

also it doesnt seem to pick up .1 as the lowest as it should. it only shows .2 if you put it on the scale. however i did notice that if you put a .1 on the scale and lightly push the scale down the number jumps high then will settle at .1 if thats really what it weighs. no big deal to me though. not like im gonna buy .1 of a gram at a time. now that i mention it my older scale was kind of like that.

it still weighs right on the money. my friend works at the headshop i got it from and he gave me a 1000 gram weight for whenever i need to calibrate. it was perfect right out the box and i even used a nickel (5 cents) and it was right at 5.0g.

thats an easy way to check your scale if you dont have calibration weights. a nickel is 5g on the dot.

gettin lifted,

max

Out to lunch
It's accurate to plus or minus .1g. You can't complain if you put a known weight of .1g on it and it doesn't display .1g. It could say .1 or .2. That's within the tolerance of the design. If you want an accurate .1g, you'll have to get a scale that's accurate to .01g.

a nickel is 5g on the dot
Since I do have a scale with .01g accuracy, I can tell you with 100% assurance that all nickels do not weigh exactly 5g. Nickels may be fine for approximating herb weight, but you can't use 'em to calibrate a scale. Oldwillknottscales.com has 100g calibration weights for under $3. If you want good calibration, that's your best bet. You do need to make sure the particular scale you have calls for a 100g weight for calibration. I know some use a 50g weight.

max,
Top Bottom