1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Anyone Fish? Garden? Hunt? Guns?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by KidFated., Jan 11, 2014.

1. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

Nature is beautiful, but we gotta eat. Anyone love to fish or hunt? Grow your own fruit/veggies? Gun freak?

2. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I used to fish alot while growing up...Pickrel (Walleye), trout (rainbow, speckled), Salmon, Bass, Perch, Sturgeon, Pike... all sorts. Haven't gone in years, but nothing nicer than sitting by a river out in the middle of nowhere, pulling out some fish and having a fry.

3. basement farmer

basement farmer My face is melting...

Grew up hunting. WTD, small game (CT rabbits, ring-necks, fox and grey squirrel mostly). We always kept a Beagle. I had dairy farming cousins and this exposed me to hunting fox and treeing'coon at night with Walker Hounds, Blue Ticks and Black and Tans. Much of the hunting with hounds amounted to trying to catch them which could take hours. I appreciate guns but am far from a nut about them.

Fishing was mostly inland lake. I had another cousin who lived in walking distance of a spawning stream for salmon. So got a little of this. A little brook trout fishing and ice fishing in over 250' feet of water six miles off shore with my ex father in-law (spooky):uhoh:. I was never much of fisherman, but I enjoy it for it's relaxing qualities.

Being a wage slave has a lot to do with me not doing many of the things I used to do, but I did hunt more this year and will try to continue to do more of it. Thinking of doing some ice fishing this year too.

Gardened with my ex. We'd have a really good start, but our season is so short it's hardly worth the effort, unless you enjoy ultra expensive veggies. We did have good luck with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, potatos and peas though. I could do it again if I had to.

No green thumb, but I have had good success growing under CFLs indoors.;)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. djonkoman

djonkoman Well-Known Member

gardening.
    I feel awesome after a few hours of digging in the ground with my hands, feelings the earth on my hands. it's like feeling high from vaping, but mixed with a calmness and complete satisfaction. and seeing that little seed developing into a big plant, and eventually harvesting it, and that cycle every year again. every spring the first day when the weather is really nice I get a spring-feeling, I feel high all day without vaping/smoking, and I get thew urge to go outside and prepare the soil and seed, unfortunatly at that day the ground is ually still frozen, so I still have to wait.

and in winter, like now, I mostly stay inside(and grow a beard), so I move with the seasons.

sasNW, Tweek, t-dub and 4 others like this.
  5. Breathemetal

Breathemetal Well-Known Member

I love salmon fishing here in Michigan on the great lakes. I try and get out to do it twice during the season. It's a blast!

I also hunt white tail. Haven't gone in the past 2 years though...

Next on the list is either a boar hunt, or going to Canada for a bear hunt.

6. KidFated.

I've only been fishing on Superior once :( i only live an hour or so away. I've been fishing rivers and lakes like crazy, catfish, pike, musky, bass, walleye, crappie, bluegill, and i net white suckers.. Also grouse hunt and hunt whitetail deer. Those are ALL for my tummy. I hunt and trap fox and coyotes to protect some farm animals, i trap beavers for furs. I garden some vegetables also, i wanna start growing some legal herbs that i could vape. (Anyone know of any?) i also love guns, i have a weird habit of buying only limited edition rifles and handguns..

Basement, get out there ice fishing..

7. clouded vision

clouded vision Well-Known Member

Great thread. I absolutely love any activity that gets me outside. Some of my favorite activities include white tail & waterfowl hunting, or fishing for smallies, chain pickerel, perch or anything else thats biting. I love canoeing down a creek or through flooded timber or taking the boat out on the lake. There is nothing more peaceful to me than being out in nature.

Here are just a few pictures that go along with this. All my hunting & fishing pictures have my face in them so none of those unfortunately.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

grokit, sasNW, Tweek and 2 others like this.
  8. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

I like commie steel. My Krinkov eats steel cased ammo for breakfast, without milk. CZ P-01 sidearm . . .

Edit: Mikhail Kalashnikov :rip: . . .

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    grokit, KidFated., Tweek and 2 others like this.
  9. johnnyblaze805

johnnyblaze805 Certified Dankologist

I love fishing I live on the ca coast plenty of lake and ocean fishing for me

Tweek likes this.
  10. smokum

smokum I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

Getting back into fishing this year (lake/river) after a long hiatus. Traded an old ford pu I had last fall for this to (re)start out again:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And also love playing in the mud & water:

[​IMG]

sasNW, Tweek and t-dub like this.
  11. weedemon

weedemon enthusiast

i love going hiking, I take tons of pics. :)

I'm signed up to get my firearms license got my eye on a couple guns :) (a .22 a shotty, and a proper rifle)

used to fish, but not done it in too long :(

KidFated. and Tweek like this.
  12. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

Can we add mushroom foraging to that list? I was taught by my Dad, and spent alot of time with family heading into the woods for some tasty mushrooms (no, not the trippy kind :D)...my grandmother was poisoned once, so it's not without it's risks, but I love it. Even just heading out into the woods and finding different types. Really cool products of nature, those fungi.

13. KidFated.

I LOVE shooting my ruger .22 semi auto. Anniversary edition. 50 round clip and 100 round clip. Also great gun for coyote hunting!

Smokum that's a nice boat :) we throw a 14 ft aluminum on top of my jeep redneck style and throw trolling motor and gear in tha backseat. So fun.. River fishing is a lot different from lakes.. Hope to get a proper kayak this year. I also ride dirtbike, crf 150f, crf 250x, cr 250, BRAAP!

Wheeler is for tha girlfriend..

We also pick mushrooms, but only for pickling purposes.

smokum, sasNW and t-dub like this.
  14. smokum

smokum I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

I ended up with this after attempting to manhandle a boat and small outboard in the pu box, but with my injuries I just cldnt handle it and the timing was right when someone made the trade offer ;) I told myself I'll keep this a year minimum to make sure I'll go out as much as I used to (already spent too much adding a trim kit, elect troller, new bats & control cables before its even hit the water yet haha), before splurging on a 'nice' rigged out fishing boat. Gonna be hard holding my shop-a-holic brain back come this years boat & sportman show coming up :uhoh:

I love my wheeler & looking to grab another to mod and leave this one to farmwork... been looking at the SXS's out there but not sure considering our local trails and reg's. Had dirt & street bikes all my life, but thats out of the question now :(

clouded vision and sasNW like this.
  15. sasNW

sasNW High in the Air

Love me some shooting, mostly handguns but my old man has AR's galore that are fun too shoot but not cheap. Never been hunting before though.
    I actually "converted" my Korean wife not too long ago. Look at the smile the 7.62 brings to her face:D

Straight American

My main hobby is UTV's/ SXS's though. Been building them for a bit and will be racing dirt and desert races this year. I go to the sand dunes once a month and ride the forests all the time. The dunes are my favorite place on the planet, so beautiful[​IMG] 185hp rzr xp1000, 155hp redline riot, and 3 suzuki 450 quads we have bored out to 505's. We like going fast and jumping big:)

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors