• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anyone else notice that............

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Yeah it is pretty damn slow at the moment, this is the first time i have ever noticed it though.

Survivalism,

Ben

stickstones said:
I've seen this before...fuckin' vtac's sleeping on the stationary bike again...
just some fatal slip from time to time
64_20_04_08_10_59_58.gif

Ben,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Remain calm and pack a fresh bowl.

Please use.....

....descriptive titles. :D

We do have a chat room as well. It's on a different server, so if the site is down you can check in there.

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
lwien said:
Hahaha........cute.
Seriously though, imagine if every thread had a title that gave no indication as to what it was about. Descriptive titles are important. :)

vtac,

lwien

kk

Just thought I'd throw a teaser in there, but I'll be more descriptive next time.

lwien,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I finally got some info from the hosting company regarding this issue. There's this computer worm called conficker that's infecting a ton of systems worldwide... you've probably heard about it in the news by now.

Apparently the people running this data center are incompetent and a bunch of racks were compromised including this server. They've been trying to fix the problem but apparently 'haven't been able to isolate the issue as of yet'. The fucked up thing is, no one's entirely sure what conficker is going to do but it's supposed to happen today.

What's worse is they had all the backups on the same network so those are infected as well. :mad: Basically there's nothing that we can do except wait and hope for the best. So if the site is fucked up you know why.

vtac,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Damn, that is fucked up. And I've heard that Conficker could be dormant for a while before receiving updated instructions. :uhoh: I hope it all works out. For the record the site is functioning just fine for me.

SpiralArchitect,

lwien

It's working great today. Yesterday, things were a bit iffy, but come to think of it, things were a bit iffy on a few other sites too..........not all sites, but some.

Today, those sites are just fine, so I'm thinkin that Confliker was just raising hell with those particular sites, of if SA wasn't having any issues yesterday, then Confliker may have just been fucking with the servers that were in my particular pathway.

lwien,

The_Algebraist

I just logged on here about 3 minutes ago and the site was mirrored, as in you needed to hold up a mirror to read what was on the screen, weird, but cool, but weird....

The_Algebraist,

tuttle

It looks like now we know what Confliker does. Wow, this is really hard to read. What is interesting is it is passing the Firefox spell checker.

--EDIT--
...and now it is back to normal

tuttle,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
That's not good... are you sure it wasn't just your browser? Try refreshing the page (F5) maybe. Thanks for the report though, might be helpful.

edit: tuttle you're getting the same thing as The_Algebraist? :uhoh:

Looks normal here... not seeing anything changed in the page source either. wtf

vtac,

tuttle

vtac said:
edit: tuttle you're getting the same thing as The_Algebraist? :uhoh:
When I logged on for the first time today, everything was mirrored (I don't recall if the image portions of the page were or not, the commas were not). I moved from the index, to the Vapor Lounge to check this tread to see if anyone else was seeing what I was, everything stayed mirrored. I then made my one post, and the screen informing me the post was submitted successfully and I will soon be redirected was normal. When I was redirected back to the thread, everything seems to be functional again.

--EDIT--
I'm on Firefox 3.0.8, Windows XP Pro 64 for what it is worth

tuttle,

The_Algebraist

woah, i just saw the same thing tuttle saw. it just flipped back to normal but was in a mirrored state for about 10 minutes (?).

The_Algebraist,

lwien

Yeah, I saw the same thing, but me thinks it's an April 1st joke by FC, since I have not seen this happening on any other site.

lwien,

PsychoActive

Yeah it was definitely mirrored when i first signed on, but its normal now. i actually read a few new posts with it like that, took a while, but i did.

I was thinking it was a FC joke thing also.

PsychoActive,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
VApril Fools! :D

I was gonna pull some crazy shit but you know how it goes. :lol::ko:

The conficker worm is real, if you have a windows box (this site's on debian) make sure it's up to date with the latest security patches. A properly configured router/firewall prevents 90% of these things.

vtac,
Top Bottom