Anyone else in texas?

virtualpurple

Moved to Amarillo about a week ago. Far different than Alaska so far!

In a state that is unfriendly to cannabis, it'd be good to hear from some people nearby!

VP

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Ha! I grew up just south of Amarillo in Canyon as a teen; luckily Canyon had a small university so it wasn't so bad as many of the small towns in the Texas Panhandle. Amarillo is the biggest city for miles, I'm sure it's grown as this was long ago. Palo Duro Canyon is just south of Amarillo, if you're the outdoors type. I'm talking early 80's, so unfortunately I don't know anyone there that shares our passion. If it's cool to ask, why did you move from Alaska to Amarillo? I'm sure the cost of living will be much less. There's bound to be more churches in Amarillo than there are in all of Alaska, not necessarily a selling point for me, but...

If I were you, I would try to weekend road-trip to New Mexico or southern Colorado every 4-6 weeks for scenery change & stock up.

virtualpurple

Ha! I grew up just south of Amarillo in Canyon as a teen; luckily Canyon had a small university so it wasn't so bad as many of the small towns in the Texas Panhandle. Amarillo is the biggest city for miles, I'm sure it's grown as this was long ago. Palo Duro Canyon is just south of Amarillo, if you're the outdoors type. I'm talking early 80's, so unfortunately I don't know anyone there that shares our passion. If it's cool to ask, why did you move from Alaska to Amarillo? I'm sure the cost of living will be much less. There's bound to be more churches in Amarillo than there are in all of Alaska, not necessarily a selling point for me, but...

If I were you, I would try to weekend road-trip to New Mexico or southern Colorado every 4-6 weeks for scenery change & stock up.

Oh yeah its cool to ask. I moved to Amarillo to finish my Nurse Practitioner degree at WT. I've got about 18 months left if all goes well!

I have contemplated making some runs to colorado to stock up but I gotta be honest, I'm a little worried about stumbling across a checkpoint. Maybe it's unlikely to happen or maybe I'll be better off sticking to concentrates, I'm not sure.

Thank you for the advice!

virtualpurple,
Top Bottom