Anyone else find their vapes induce a very strange nights sleep????

billybigpotatoes

Hi there everyone, got a bit of an odd question here. Just got an extreme on an impulse purchase after deciding to give up the ciggies (and the spliffs that go with em!) at christmas, and i must say, i'm very very impressed......haven't smoked in ages, and i absolutely love the buzz, and the taste. :p

But to get to the point, the one thing which is different are my experiences when i go to sleep stoned. I find myself waking after about an hour or two (which is normal), and feeling incredibly baked as i open my eyes (pretty unusual!).In fact, i feel more stoned than i did before i went to sleep! :o

I also seem to be having really vivid and strange dreams, and even feeling a bit doped out in the dreams. Now before recently i'd smoke pretty much everyday and throughout the last ten years i've certainly had more than my fair share of good weed, but ive never had experiences like this. :/

Obviously i was wandering if anyone else felt like this when they first converted to vapour, or if it might be something else (maybe the lack of nicotine??). A penny for your thoughts good people and thanks in advance. :2c:

Oh and by the way, love this forum, thanks for all the help! :D

billybigpotatoes,

Konrad_Zuse

I was thinking right off the bat "Maybe it's the nicotine, but it could be anything really. I've woken up stoned before, it's just the fact you just smoked, and your body is tired, plus you're probably burnt out, so it's probably a mix of the 2. For some reason I feel vape highs burn me out more, even though a lot of members say it's the opposite, that's how I feel personally. Even though I know your body is fighting off the chemicals in your body when you smoke, thus you would burn out, more, I just don't know, but I haven't tested it out really, I'm new to the whole "smoking/vaping" thing, so my word isn't 100% accurate yet. But this is my opinion, take it how you must.

Konrad_Zuse,

Mckdenton

When i stopped smoking and begun vaping I had some pretty good dreams. They tapered off pretty quick, and i was back to being a dreamless fool.

Mckdenton,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i vape/smoke to get perfect dreamless sleep. if i don't, all i ever have are bizarre nightmares.

illadelph,

albe

i'm finding i dream more since vaping, probably cause i taper off a bit as it gets closer to sleepy time. Before weed was a sleep aid when smoked (all those carbons), now i find it keeps me up if i hit it too soon before bed.
So a nice side effect of vaping is more dreams ... thankfully... lack of dreaming is one downside of weed consumption for me.

albe,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Not consuming cannabis is hell for my sleep.

I spent ~3-4 years during highschool working extensively on lucid dreaming (before I started smoking) and I've never really lost the ability. The moment I don't smoke/vaporize, I get intense dreams ALL night and I remember every single one of them (due to training for my dream recall daily for those 3-4 years).

It's not something fun here and there... it feels like a whole other life in my sleep, 4-5 hours of "real" time every night.

Fuck that, I want some rest.

Chubba,

billybigpotatoes

Well thanks for the comments dudes! they really made me chuckle!

And chubba its interesting what you say......I've had a few lucid dreams before and really enjoyed em. But i can totally understand where your coming from. I mean, if dreams were so important to us then why do we forget them so quickly????

Im gonna hit my extreme and see if i find the answer......

Why do you think puff affects your dreams? Any theories out there? :/

billybigpotatoes,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
I think the more important factor on sleep is the type of strain you vape.
Sativa will tend to make it harder to sleep and indica will make you sleep better - at least that's my experience.
I vape a hit right before bed to help me sleep, and no I did not notice any change in my sleep or dreaming when I went from combusting to vaping.
I just generally sleep better after vaping some indica.

MoeOnTheMoon,

Bibby

ecv#3
I actually have been dreaming since I started vaping. I sleep like a log, insomnia went away. Ditched cigs, and gradually switching to staight vape all the way around. Getting vaked saved a ton of money.

Bibby,
G

i think it's just a nicotine haunt. i do find myself waking up an hour or two stone and totally baked...just to start over again!!

Guest,

Kush Vapez

This is way off topic but does anyone not ever remember their dreams? Like I don't think I ever dream. I fall asleep and wake up every morning and never remember what if any dreams i had.

Kush Vapez,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Kush Vapez said:
This is way off topic but does anyone not ever remember their dreams? Like I don't think I ever dream. I fall asleep and wake up every morning and never remember what if any dreams i had.
lol i was about to post a reply to the OP saying the same thing, but you saved me the trouble. If i have/remember a dream, it's usually only a few times a month at most, but they are pretty sweet when i do.

But as far as vaping and sleep goes, i've been regrinding and vapebonging a few more hits out of a bowl or two of ABV before bed and it's really helped me sleep better. In the past i've never liked to smoke/vape before bed because it either feels like a waste if i fall asleep while stoned, or i can't get to sleep because my mind keeps wandering in space for a long time after the lights are out. Re-vaping this stuff just gives me a really sedated sort of hazey buzz. My gf likes crime shows so we watch an episode of law and order or something from bed and i'm usually out by the end of it lol.

steiner666,
Top Bottom