Anyone Else Buy Used?

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Hi all

I’m very new to vaping so I’ve been going out of my mind with V.A.S.! I think I started vaping in January or February and I’ve purchased nine portable vaporizers already. Thankfully there seems to be great used deals out there because this stuff is crazy expensive and there’s no way to try all this stuff before you buy.

I have to assume I’m done, but this is what I’ve gotten on the used market.

S&B Crafty $120.00
It was a 2014 model, but with only 9 hours on it and in excellent condition. I just bought a new Mighty because I was so impressed with it, even with the 2014 myriad of battery problems. It came with all original stuff, plus 40 dosing capsules and magazine.

Firefly 2 $125.00
Very good condition with the extra battery.

Ghost MV1 $150.00
Oh my god I love this thing! I got it in new condition, with all the original stuff, an extra battery, the fast charger, and an extra crucible set. This was the bargain!

So, I already know that there is no “one” vaporizer that can satisfy me. Actually that’s not true. The Ghost MV1 is insane, but I still needed a Mighty to go along with it. I want to sell two of my used vaporizers. The Crafty is an easy choice seeing how I have a new Mighty, but I don’t want to give up my Firefly!!!!! The Firefly has it’s uses. That thing is spectacular!

Damn you VAS!!!!! Anyway, thank god I found all of the vaporizers I was interested in used on Craigslist. If I was expected to buy all this stuff new I would probably only have my Mighty (dayenu). Well that and a bunch of other vaporizers I bought new, but nothing on the Crafty, FF2, Ghost, or Mighty level with my exception of my Dynavap M.

Anyone else comb the used market looking for deals?

Oh, and yes I sterilize the hell out of these things before I put them near my mouth!

hinglemccringleberry

WTF??? If this isnt a made up story, then holy shit thats lucky. all of those purchases in the condition theyre in for those prices is ridiculous, its rare to land just one deal like that but you landed three? These are premium sought after niche market devices we're talking about, it doesnt make any sense to me that youd find all of those vapes for those prices on craigslist, in excellent condition to boot. Jesus Christ, who the hell sells a new Ghost MV1 for $150? Where do you live? My local craigslist has nothing but raggedy couches and mentally ill creeps.

Last edited:
WTF??? If this isnt a made up story, then holy shit thats lucky. all of those purchases in the condition theyre in for those prices is ridiculous, its rare to land just one deal like that but you landed three? These are premium sought after niche market devices we're talking about, it doesnt make any sense to me that youd find all of those vapes for those prices on craigslist, in excellent condition to boot. Jesus Christ, who the hell sells a new Ghost MV1 for $150? Where do you live? My local craigslist has nothing but raggedy couches and mentally ill creeps.
Dude I have thrown 2 Crafty in the trash. I would have taken a coffee for them.

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: acstorfer

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I was very lucky to get the three I wanted used. I actually got the Firefly and Ghost from the same person. I bought the FF2 first because he wanted $200.00 for the Ghost. A few days ago I offered him $150.00 and he took it.

acstorfer,
Reactions: Jill NYC

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Dude I have thrown 2 Crafty in the trash. I would have taken a coffee for them.
I’m not gonna entirely disagree with you about my Crafty, although I know they have gotten better though the generations, and my Mighty has none of the issues the Crafty had. The Crafty even with all it’s issues is a destroyer.

acstorfer,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Eek! Just in case you really think I made this all up, I guess that isn’t at all insulting seeing how you don’t know me. Anyway, thankfully he’s lazy. Here is his original ad he never took down. The FF2 and Crafty ads are gone. The Crafty ad did originally ask $160.00 and I talked him down to $120.00, as I talked the Ghost down to $150.00 (that was really a sick deal though!)

Oh, I live inBoynton Beach Florida. It’s between West Palm Beach and Miami. Get your butt down here, visit the ocean, and I got a bunch of vapes for you to try out.

Oops, double edit. They didn’t just sell me a like new MV1 for $150.00. They added on well over $100.00 in accessories (spare battery, fast charger, extra crucible set) with it as well. I know, I know, I fricken suck and I’m just being cruel right now, but seriously this was an awesome deal and I like talking about my Craigslist triumph.

Last edited:
acstorfer,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I should add that I downloaded the apps for each of these product before purchasing so I could sync them before handing over any money. I figured if they synced with the app they shouldn’t be fakes. Well actually with the Ghost I never bothered syncing on the spot. I already dealt with the dude with the FF2 and I trusted him.

acstorfer,

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
I go most the time for good desktops that last decades and won't decrease much in value:
Volcano Classic 120€
2x Plenty 70€ +90€
Aromed 4.0 120€
Aromed 3.0 50€
Vapormatic Deluxe 50€ (OK that's just for decoration :lol:)
still looking for a Vapor Snake :brow:

:2c: i would stay away from used vapes with non replacable battery cell (esp if it's LiPo)
ok somehow i have picked up a Fenix Mini (LiPo) for 50€ but it was only 2 month on the market...
Besides that Iolite/Whispr and most butane vapes are worth a look

Last edited:

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
:2c: i would stay away from used vapes with non replacable battery cell (esp if it's LiPo)
That! This!

That’s why I went new with the Mighty. $300.00 for a vaporizer that doesn’t have a removable battery is pathetic. Still though, gotta have one.

acstorfer,
Reactions: Used2use

hinglemccringleberry

Eek! Just in case you really think I made this all up, I guess that isn’t at all insulting seeing how you don’t know me. Anyway, thankfully he’s lazy. Here is his original ad he never took down. The FF2 and Crafty ads are gone. The Crafty ad did originally ask $160.00 and I talked him down to $120.00, as I talked the Ghost down to $150.00 (that was really a sick deal though!)

Oh, I live inBoynton Beach Florida. It’s between West Palm Beach and Miami. Get your butt down here, visit the ocean, and I got a bunch of vapes for you to try out.

Oops, double edit. They didn’t just sell me a like new MV1 for $150.00. They added on well over $100.00 in accessories (spare battery, fast charger, extra crucible set) with it as well. I know, I know, I fricken suck and I’m just being cruel right now, but seriously this was an awesome deal and I like talking about my Craigslist triumph.
I didnt intend to come off as insulting, Im more just jealous...really jealous, I too would have jumped on any (or all) of those deals in a heartbeat. Congrats for finding the steals of the century. Especially the MV1 deal, good grief, thats like finding a slightly used 2017 Lamborghini for $50k.

hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: acstorfer

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I didnt intend to come off as insulting, Im more just jealous...really jealous, I too would have jumped on any (or all) of those deals in a heartbeat. Congrats for finding the steals of the century.
Seriously not insulting at all. It was really freakin freaky! What are the odds that the three vaporizers I wanted most would magically be posted on Craigslist? They were THE three I was most interested in.

acstorfer,
Top Bottom