Anybody ever order from "DX" DealExtreme?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ok it wasn't exactly the style I wanted but I said what the hell and jumped on your favorite. Just ordered it off Ebay for around $5 and the seller lives in state about 4 hours away so if they go ahead and send it off tomorrow or Thursday, I should get it before the weekend. They do seem to get great reviews in general.
Did you like this torch when you got it?

cybrguy,

eyesofgood

Did you like this torch when you got it?

I loved it until I guess I f'ed it up. I had it for about a week and it performed well. Very consistent ignition and flame, although the flame doesn't adjust as high and hot as I'd would have liked but it was fine for the purpose of heating my VG coil.

It came with butane already in it. When that started getting low I tried to refill with a 6oz cab of King 5x refined that was probably only 20% full(not sure if that has any affect on pressure and poor refilling when that low). It seemed like there was very little fuel going into the pocket rocket so I kept trying. It never seemed like that inlet nozzle on the light was depressing right and the can was spitting back. I did start getting some in but when I tried to light it, the flame was not quite right and kept blipping out. Now it is difficult to get ignited, the flame is not as strong, and it goes out fairly easily. I may have to order another one unless you can give me some advice on how to get it right again?

eyesofgood,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The butane that comes in a lighter is almost always the cheapest available to the maker/seller. I tend to purge any butane that comes loaded and replace it with something filtered 5 or more times, like Vector or XIKAR (there are others). It is also important to purge air out of the lighter that will come in with the butane from the can. There are a couple issues with lighters that are a matter of opinion, but the most common and important suggestions include purging and using high quality butane. It is also important to fill with lighter bottom facing up and tank pointing down. It is also important to purge with the light pointing the same way. Air is lighter than butane and will evacuate first in this way.
Here is one example of a filling video.

Just FYI, I have resurrected several lighters by fully purging and refilling them...

Edit: One other thing. I also got one of these a while ago to make life easier. It did. The Butane Screw Thing

Last edited:

eyesofgood

Hey thanks that video did the trick, although the pocket now will only ignite when cranked completely on full high, but it's consistently lighting on high and it sounds like it's burning right again. I am usually quick to hit Youtube for a help video but hadn't bothered since I already had another cheap pocket torch I bought at a local shop that worked but could also be a pain. Now I have both lighters working consistently.

eyesofgood,
Reactions: cybrguy

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi I ordered 2x17760 batteries the 18 of november (shipping date), can i expect to get it before the end of the week? (I need them for a x-mas holiday trip....to power my TV tube and donut atty!)

PPN,

tennstrong

I've ordered from them when I was young with friends and we wanted the zippo lighters and shit. Takes month or 2 to ship to canada, dont be surprised if yours takes a while

tennstrong,
Top Bottom