Anybody Else Over On-Demand Vaporizers?

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
First off, on-demand vaporizers are fantastic! I have had a few and they were all great. Now that I think about it, I am keeping 2 out of 3. They are great, but I’m over them.

Secondly, there are improvements with them all of the time so I’m not swearing them off forever.

Okay so here are my “on-demand” vaporizers, my 2018 Dynavap M, my Ghost MV1, and my recently sold Firefly 2. For this I am going to leave my Dynavap out of this because my main issue does not occur with my Dynavap M.

First off the preparation. The herb has to be shredded in a perfect way. Okay, my shredder handled this no problem so I’m just bitchin to bitch. Anyway for the real stuff. The Firefly 2 and Ghost MV1 had to be cleaned all the time. The Firefly just because it got gross looking fast. The Ghost because it’s incredibly temperamental. The heating thing and the crucibles had to be cleaned every day. The worst part were the insane breath intakes the Ghost and Firefly requires. The Firefly is a very tough six second pull, and the Ghost has to be pulled for about 14 seconds, but with practically no resistance. The chambers are just way too small. 0.1 grams is a good amount for a buzz, but for on-demand it’s pretty useless (for me). The stirring! Okay, the Firefly is the most efficient thing I’ve ever seen but the stirring gets old, and the Ghost can use a stir at the end. The Ghost on great herb takes about four to five pulls, first is weak, second and third are awesome, fourth is “did I get a hit?”, five is I’ll try once more but I can’t believe it’s gone. Why am I keeping my Ghost MV1? I’m keeping it because it’s insane!!!!! It will knock you out!!!!! Just sooooooooo much work!!!!! My Mighty for the win. I have no problem turning it off mid-session and going back to it an hour later. As much as I love my Dynavap , it has a terrible burnt taste if it gets stopped. Session vaporizers just work! Some of the vaporizers are delicious hitting as well.

Anyone else want to share their thoughts?

First off, on-demand vaporizers are fantastic! I have had a few and they were all great. Now that I think about it, I am keeping 2 out of 3. They are great, but I’m over them.

Secondly, there are improvements with them all of the time so I’m not swearing them off forever.

Okay so here are my “on-demand” vaporizers, my 2018 Dynavap M, my Ghost MV1, and my recently sold Firefly 2. For this I am going to leave my Dynavap out of this because my main issue does not occur with my Dynavap M.

First off the preparation. The herb has to be shredded in a perfect way. Okay, my shredder handled this no problem so I’m just bitchin to bitch. Anyway for the real stuff. The Firefly 2 and Ghost MV1 had to be cleaned all the time. The Firefly just because it got gross looking fast. The Ghost because it’s incredibly temperamental. The heating thing and the crucibles had to be cleaned every day. The worst part were the insane breath intakes the Ghost and Firefly requires. The Firefly is a very tough six second pull, and the Ghost has to be pulled for about 14 seconds, but with practically no resistance. The chambers are just way too small. 0.1 grams is a good amount for a buzz, but for on-demand it’s pretty useless (for me). The stirring! Okay, the Firefly is the most efficient thing I’ve ever seen but the stirring gets old, and the Ghost can use a stir at the end. The Ghost on great herb takes about four to five pulls, first is weak, second and third are awesome, fourth is “did I get a hit?”, five is I’ll try once more but I can’t believe it’s gone. Why am I keeping my Ghost MV1? I’m keeping it because it’s insane!!!!! It will knock you out!!!!! Just sooooooooo much work!!!!! My Mighty for the win. I have no problem turning it off mid-session and going back to it an hour later. As much as I love my Dynavap , it has a terrible burnt taste if it gets stopped. Session vaporizers just work! Some of the vaporizers are delicious hitting as well.

Anyone else want to share their thoughts?
You just have the wrong vaporisers for your needs imo. Enano, Lil Bud and Milaana are on demand and require little cleaning and will work with any kind of grind or even whole nugs.

little maggie

Most of my vapes are on demand now except for the fury. In addition to the ones mentioned I have the MVT or MVT2, Tubo, splinter, woodscent which is a plug in but has a part that works like a dynavap, HI. None of those require anything special. I like to use a grinder but when I don't have one I just put a little chunk in. I agree that you have the wrong on demand vapes.

steama

I’m embarrassed to say I never tried one. I’m planning on buying one for myself for my birthday in January.
See if you can try a volcano before you buy. As many people that are dedicated to this vape a large number of vapers do not prefer to use bag vapes. I have a classic, it is a great vape in every way...I just do not dig bags. Mine sits in the closet unless it comes out for groups and being a hermit that is rare.

You will never know unless you try one a couple times.

:2c:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm over session vapes. I like to be able to take a hit or two at a time, when I want to.

Just about every vape I own is on-demand, and I prefer to keep it that way.

And, for the record...I have no interest in the Firefly 2 (I did at first, when I'd first heard about it, till I realized it would probably be anoying to use), or the Ghost MV1.

Last edited:

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
My Ghost died last night. I am so bummed. I loved that thing. Bought used so no warranty, but I’ll buy a new one. Seriously, I loved that thing. I wasn’t really over on demand.

Gigsabits53

I guess my experience has been that on demand vapes perform much better.
I have an Underdog, 3 Vapcaps, Lotus, and Sticky Brick Maxx and love everyone of them.
I also own a Boundless CFX that never gets used anymore. Thought about a Solo II many times but I like the on demand vapes performance.

ginolicious

I enjoy on demand. I have 1. And two session vapes. I enjoy taking a hit and putting it down for an hour or two during the day and doing yard work or clean my pond. If I want s few back to back I’ll just sit on the couch and rip the on demand continuously. I was a big bong user and using on demand is a similar fashion as a bong.

twigs

Pay no mind to those voices in my head
Not completely over them, but “graduated” to on-demand oil vape pens. I still enjoy the flavor that I get from my Firefly 2, but in the middle of the night, when all I need is a quick hit, I reach for the pen.

twigs,

ginolicious

Not completely over them, but “graduated” to on-demand oil vape pens. I still enjoy the flavor that I get from my Firefly 2, but in the middle of the night, when all I need is a quick hit, I reach for the pen.

I would love an on demand CBD oil pen. Then again I know nothing about oil pens or where I can get CBD Oil to vape. Then again my Haze Square could vape oil. But still not easy to get. With legalization in October I wonder if I can get it or if that will be hard.

ginolicious,

twigs

With legalization in October I wonder if I can get it or if that will be hard.
As I recall, it was 6 or 8 months between legalization and the opening of retail stores here in WA state, maybe longer. But maybe our northern neighbors are better prepared, IDK.

twigs,

twigs

+1 your using the wrong vapes. FF2 is a nightmare and will only work if every factor is just right.

I recomend a Milaana, Splinter, Stempod, Tubo or FW5.
ive had my Ff2 for 3 yrs and love it. YYMV

Last edited:
twigs,
Reactions: arb

SillyHerbaloski

expert brain baker
I don't have an on-demand vape for nugs, only my pens provide instant heat. But I did use the Firefly, the original one, and I didn't think it was all that? I don't know, not for me I guess. Seemed to be too big and heavy for my liking, just didn't really seem like something I'd ever want to put in my pocket. I think the new one is smaller but I haven't used it so don't have much to say there. But as far as the cleaning goes, I'm not using an instant-heat one, I'm using the new Solo, but I don't have any complaints with cleaning. I just soak the stems, wipe, rinse, and dry. And the bowl I just brush out real quick here and there. Might want to check it out if you're not psyched about your current lineup.

SillyHerbaloski,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
How about is it possible to not finish a vapcap bowl? They are like 2-3hits max.
Always fresh, every time I pick it up.

Strange. Depending on how I pack it, I get 6-8 hits on most bowls, and sometimes more before the vapor stops.

Ramahs,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
I agree with others. It sounds like you just have the wrong vaporizers/on-demand vaporizers for your needs. Or- quite eloquently yourself. -Vaporizing with the help of this forum (although not a member) with on-demand vaporizers since 2013. Only in recent months, for various reasons, have I started to grow my collection again-I'm still enthusiastically exploring on on-demand vaporizers-I'm also revisiting, with open mind section vaporizers because of opinions of a few reviewers that I respect, and being humbled by some of my evolving needs and motivations. I love the freedom that is involved with on-demand vaporizers, and am in agreement with many of the others and the thread, with simplicity and, conversation that one has with your vaporizer-

Of my extensive collection and shopping list, there only two that I could think of as being on-demand in my understanding, and one of those, the Tubo Evic also has an on-demand mode.

That said, I truly believe that once vaporizer collection should be curated, to suit one's personal needs-and while there are many great vapes out there-what is perfect for one person may not be perfect for everyone-but there are probably several great choices for most in today's market.

Top Bottom