Any Whip Vapes that Don't Use Plastic?

I would really like to make the switch over to a vape and would like a whip style or PD. Are there any options out there that don't use plastic for the whip (or anywhere else near the heat source)? My guess is heated plastic off-gasses some gnarly stuff.

Thanks for any info, this is a great forum.

JR

Johnny Ravioli,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Check out the Bud Toaster. It uses a glass whip, but production may be a ways off, still. Check out Hippie Dickie's thread on the vaporizor model specific thread. You can also get custom stems for a log-style vape (mz, pd, wdz). The new OCD log vape uses a glass mouthpiece which seems interesting. No reviews for it yet, though so you may want to hold off until it gets "FC certified" ;)

Stu,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Another vape to look at is the LifeSaber from 7th Floor.

This has a glass stem (stock) with it.

All of the log vapes on the market now usually come with optional glass stems. (The regular stems are nylon)

Honestly, I think that the tubing on your vapes is a non issue as they are still usually a decent ways away from the heat source (at least not close enough to have to worry about off gassing)

AGBeer,

steiner666

Serial vapist
IMO, the DBV/SSV is perfectly safe. The tubing is good quality (cant remember specifics) and far enough away from heater that it never gets hot. There is no plastic at all used in SSV housing, heatercover, or anywhere near the airstream, and the only plastic the DBV has on it is its base, and that literally couldnt be further away from heat source and air path.

yeah, having a clean air path is important, but there is such a thing as worrying about it too much. eliminating vapes that have anything other than glass/metal in the air path is going to really limit your options and cut out a lot of excellent functioning vapes, if thats what youre looking for that is.

steiner666,

Nycdeisel

I dont know exactly what material the DBV/SSV tubing is made from, but I can say that there is an added taste from the tubing. By far my biggest con for those whip type vapes.

There are other all-glass-vapor-path type of units, but they are not whip style units.

Nycdeisel,
The Vapolution with the all-in-wonder bowl amounts to a 100% glass on glass "whip" vape. You can pick it up off the desk and "sip" it like a soda, just like the log vapes. Mine's for trade right now, btw.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom