Any wax attys that don't suck

Likes2vape

Yaaaay I got the IPv4 in the mail today along with the aris clone rda.

The aris has a glass top and I love glass!! I already modded it though, I cut one of the negative posts off to allow for a bigger area. It looks sweet plus I'll be able to see the coil.

Luckily I was able to find some 28g nickel wire and wrapped up a dbc while waiting for the batteries to charge. The dbc looks bad ass behind glass! Since nickel is way more pliable and wrapping a dbc was no problem. I was out of heat shrink so I just used some tape to keep the readyxwick ends from fraying, it worked great.

I'd post some pics but I don't Have a flicker acct or whatever. Dang I can't wait for the batteries to be charged.

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Temp control can be used with titanium wire or Nickel wire although ti will be hotter then the set temp. It works by measuring the resistance of the wire as the coils get hotter the resistance increases

The IPv4 also uses a yihi chip just not the 350j. I can't wait to try it out.
I wonder if this could work with a ceramic rod type (hercs) or ceramic disc type (1701) atty also as their resistance changes with heat a little. I ordered the IPv4 yesterday and I am curious to know how you like it. :)

Joel W.,

Likes2vape

After playing around with the IPv4 and temp control last night I don't think the readyxwick is the wick for tc. I kept getting coil dry warnings after 3-4 seconds when hitting through the bong this is with big dabs melted in. If I stopped pulling through the bong and let the coil rest a few seconds I was able to get another 3-4 second hit and was able to get 4-5 hits before it just wouldn't fire anymore.

Hitting straight off the atty I was only able to take about 3/4 of my normal size hit. I have iron lungs and can take massive rips so the average person would probably get a good hit right off the atty but no way through the bong.

I also noticed that the more I used it the less wicking it seemed to have. By the end of the night I was getting dry coil warnings almost instantly when taking a hit but I was still able pulse it to melt the dab. Taste was great when I was able to get a hit.

Most of this was done at 450 and 25 joules. I did try lowering temp and joules but that didn't seem to help any.
I wrapped a pretty big dbc and it only came out to .09ohms this was with 28 gauge. If I was using kanthal it probably would have around 1-1.2 ohms. I have some white ceramic rods and fc2000 rods coming and will end up getting some 30 and 32 gauge to play with.

So the quest continues for the perfect wax atty. So far rda/dbc/non temp through the bong seems to be the leader. I will be ordering the w9tech sr74x Hercules and a kiss globe soon to try out.

Likes2vape

I wonder if this could work with a ceramic rod type (hercs) or ceramic disc type (1701) atty also as their resistance changes with heat a little. I ordered the IPv4 yesterday and I am curious to know how you like it. :)

As a mod it is great it feels like a high quality product I'm really liking it so far.

I think it would work with the ceramic stuff and for sure anything wrapped with ti wire.

Phife

After playing around with the IPv4 and temp control last night I don't think the readyxwick is the wick for tc. I kept getting coil dry warnings after 3-4 seconds when hitting through the bong this is with big dabs melted in. If I stopped pulling through the bong and let the coil rest a few seconds I was able to get another 3-4 second hit and was able to get 4-5 hits before it just wouldn't fire anymore.

Hitting straight off the atty I was only able to take about 3/4 of my normal size hit. I have iron lungs and can take massive rips so the average person would probably get a good hit right off the atty but no way through the bong.

I also noticed that the more I used it the less wicking it seemed to have. By the end of the night I was getting dry coil warnings almost instantly when taking a hit but I was still able pulse it to melt the dab. Taste was great when I was able to get a hit.

Most of this was done at 450 and 25 joules. I did try lowering temp and joules but that didn't seem to help any.
I wrapped a pretty big dbc and it only came out to .09ohms this was with 28 gauge. If I was using kanthal it probably would have around 1-1.2 ohms. I have some white ceramic rods and fc2000 rods coming and will end up getting some 30 and 32 gauge to play with.

So the quest continues for the perfect wax atty. So far rda/dbc/non temp through the bong seems to be the leader. I will be ordering the w9tech sr74x Hercules and a kiss globe soon to try out.

If you have a temperature probe or some way to measure the actual temperature of the coil you should check to see if its staying where its supposed to. I noticed on one of my builds on the vengeance RDA the coils wouldnt get hot at all and it would give me the dry coil warning. I had to up the temp control just to even get the oil to vape instead of run off the coil. I think some builds work better than others for temp control. Keep trying different configurations.

Also, I noticed the same thing about the ceramic wicks, they get saturated after some use and need to be burned clean to be absorbant again. Im going to try making some clapton wire from Nickel, or maybe a Nickel/Kanthal combo. I know those clapton wires can hold a ton more oil without letting it run off.

Phife,
Reactions: NorVape
Top Bottom