Any shampoo add ons?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm not big on hair conditioners, but a tip I can recommend is to buy a little bottle of peppermint essential oil, such as you would use with a PD, etc., and sprinkle a bit in your hair while it's soaped up.
Hang with it for a while and it starts to sizzle and cool and it feels great.
Really feels great - a nice way to wake up your head after a night of heavy vaping.

jeffp,

lwien

Yeah, but do you walk around smelling like a candy cane afterwards?

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
not that i'm aware of -
the only time i reeked like that was when i made the poor choice of using tiger balm in place of deodorant then i went to my office.

jeffp,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I make my own shampoo.

It's just a simple mix of vinegar, baking soda, sea salt, and a fresh squeezed lemon.
I keep it in a spray bottle and apply it to my hair before I actually step in the shower. Rub it around, massage the scalp and roots of my hairs. Let it 'soak' for a good 10-20+ minutes, then rinse it out.

I add a few drops of eucalyptus oil and peppermint to the mix as well sometimes. Does wonders to an itchy and/or flaky scalp. I usually make a batch every other week. :)

Never even thought of turning back to 'traditional' shampoos/conditioners after such amazing results (soft, clean, shiny, HEALTHY hair & scalp)....

SpiralArchitect,

lwien

SpiralArchitect said:
I make my own shampoo.

It's just a simple mix of vinegar, baking soda, sea salt, and a fresh squeezed lemon.
I keep it in a spray bottle and apply it to my hair before I actually step in the shower. Rub it around, massage the scalp and roots of my hairs. Let it 'soak' for a good 10-20+ minutes, then rinse it out.

I add a few drops of eucalyptus oil and peppermint to the mix as well sometimes. Does wonders to an itchy and/or flaky scalp. I usually make a batch every other week. :)

Never even thought of turning back to 'traditional' shampoos/conditioners after such amazing results (soft, clean, shiny, HEALTHY hair & scalp)....
You spend up to 20+ minutes in the shower?

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Bragg's apple cider vinegar is great for your hair; once in a while I massage some in my scalp and wait a half hour before I take a shower.
I'm habituated to a sudsy shampoo experience but I'll experiment with your shampoo recipe.

4173295300_f423e81e60.jpg

jeffp,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
lwien said:
Did you even read my post?
Troll harder.

Jeff,
And yes, vinegar is great for your hair and scalp, just be careful that you don't let it soak/sit too long!

The PH will give ya one itchy and flaky scalp. That's why I use the baking soda, to balance the ph (and it helps clean too!).

Let me know how it works out for you. (Do you have long/short hair?)
I don't miss the 'sudsy shampoo experience' at all.
I actually feel clean using this 'natural shampoo', instead of soaking my scalp in a medley of man-made cleaning agents, fragrances and dyes.

SpiralArchitect,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint pure castile soap ... it's perfect for shampoo, too.

Hippie Dickie,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hey Spiral good to see you back in FC land - been getting alot of enjoyment from my VW 3G, recently got a VaporBox which is like a refined version of the same - both very good.
Will head to Trader Joe's tomorrow to replenish my apple cider vinegar - haven't used it with baking soda but that's a good idea.
Used to have long hair, now it's short and shaggy...

jeffp,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I use tea tree shampoo, and sometimes tea tree conditioner if my hair needs it.

Vicki,

lwien

SpiralArchitect said:
lwien said:
Did you even read my post?
Troll harder.
I just reread your post. My bad. I misread it and thought that you applied that while in the shower. It was also, apparently, a lousy attempt at a bit of humor, kinda like my candy cane comment to Jeff.

But accusing me of trolling is wayyyyyy out of line, for that is the LAST thing that I was doing here, and hell, if I was going to troll, I sure as hell wouldn't pick a thread about shampoo to do it in. :rolleyes:

How funny. A trolling accusation in a post about shampoo. :)

Sorry if that rubbed you in the wrong way (pardon the pun), SA. That was not my intent. Wow...........(sigh)

But I'll tell ya this. If there wasn't a need to conserve water out here in Cali, a nice 20 minute warm shower sounds like it would be a really nice thing to do sometimes.

(back to the regular scheduled programming)

lwien,
Top Bottom