1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Any serious beer drinkers in forum?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by charliedontsurf, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

I'm sure you will enjoy it. Glad I could help. What are you looking for. There is so much stuff, a lot inspired by US homebrewers, some high engineered devices. At the German homebrewer forum it's similar to here. A lot of users with own ideas and a sense for constructing and developing are making their own buisiness.

For example one really nice guy from the forum, Matthias Hossfeld, founded MattMill. Very well processed malt mills made out of the best materials - built for eternity. Meanwhile he offers also a lot of other interesting brewing stuff of best quality for homebrewers. Since a few months he has a retailer for his products in the US too.

Did anybody of your guys cold hop with hop rosin? Does it work (%yield) and how to make rosin (temp/pressure) out of hops?

GetLeft and Philreal187 like this.
  2. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

3. TwistedGray

TwistedGray Well-Known Member

On the left: Mary Jane's Garden Wheat
    No activated THC, only dry hopped on trim material (primarily fan leaves and some smaller buds)

On the right: Willy Wonka's Weed Wheat
    4mg CBD and 16mg THC (honey base), also dry hopped on trim material

In both bottles: 2 leaf sets per bottle.

The middle, clear bottle is what was left of each batch that did not fit into a regular bottle. They won't be drinkable for another 1.5-2 weeks. My impression is that they're going to have heavy Earth-y flavors and aromas and less citrus. We'll see...

[​IMG]

4. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Now this ^ is SUPER FUCKING COOL! I've got to find someone around here doing the same or come find you!

xlr8shun, Hogni, GetLeft and 2 others like this.
  5. TwistedGray

All you need is a 5 gallon glass carboy and some ingredients. It's pretty damn simple, really :)

xlr8shun, GetLeft, Derrrpp and 2 others like this.
  6. ichibaneye

ichibaneye Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!

I really enjoyed this limited summer IPA release. It's all swanky with the wax covered cap and neck with a stamped icon on the top.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  7. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

Anim8s is the brewery?

8. ichibaneye

The brewery is a small Idaho craft brewery known as Crooked Fence. Do try some if you get the chance. :tup:

Hogni, GetLeft, Derrrpp and 2 others like this.
  9. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

Due to unusual circumstances, including having been out of town and dependent on local ipa options, some of which became leftovers to bring home, and my birthday, for which my wife gifted me three randomly selected ipa's on a road-trip stop in NC, my fridge presently offers me an embarrassment of riches. Took a pick before the selection starts to dwindle.

[​IMG]

Perpetual is an absolute standard. The South Street Bar Hopper and Star Hill Double Platinum are worthy of finding a place in one's rotation, the Hoppyum is ok on the palate but has a remarkable afterbite that will sneak up on hop lovers and make them go back for another. I've had Stone but never bit for a 12 pack until a friend insisted I do so, so I will make a project out of them. Not sure how the belgians got in there. I'll have to do something about that.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  10. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

Former serious beer drinker. Just had first gout attack. No more beer for the foreseeable future. :cry:

Raise a glass! :cheers: It can be taken away in the middle of the night.

Aizen-sama, Derrrpp, GetLeft and 4 others like this.
  11. ichibaneye

Wise words indeed. :clap::tup:

Derrrpp, GetLeft and Philreal187 like this.
  12. Derrrpp

Derrrpp For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky

Drinking this one right now. It's pretty good. At 9% ABV it's only slightly boozy, the alcohol is hidden pretty well by the rich coffee / chocolate flavors. Bottle says 40 IBUs. I don't know if I'd have more than one or maybe two in a row, it seems like more of a sipper to me. Highly recommended. :nod:

[​IMG]

:cheers:

:peace:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  13. GetLeft

Mini road trip yesterday afternoon to Mifflinburg PA, where you'll find Rusty Rail Brewing Company. It's another one of what now is becoming your rather typical 'micro brew pub on steroids': attempted quaint brewery atmosphere but not intimate at all 'cause it's downright cavernous. Not knocking that model; all in all a pretty sweet place and smart business; they're hauling it in it appears. But things are getting to be cookie-cutter. Good thing the place brews good beer. I went in intending to get a flight but I'm so limited in what I want to drink I couldn't find six beers I wanted to try. I don't do lagers or witbiers or wheat beers or berry brew beers. I love good stouts and porters and it looked like they had a good one or two of each, but I was faced with the fear that I'd ruin my appetite without getting a good full go at any single beer. So I opted to start with a pint of the pale ale (pictured below, being enjoyed again presently with some delicious left over onion rings). Quite delicious. I'm not sure if they distribute, but they are now on my radar and may provide my standard pale ale (Headwaters from Victory) with a little competition. 5.4 abv, round and balanced, full flavored with a clear middle range hop tingle (not too heavy, not too light) and a mellow, lingering, satisfying finish. The IPA was good too but it followed the pale ale and I couldn't get the greatest read. Not as noteworthy as the pale ale. The place has what appears to be a good brunch on the menu so I see another expedition setting up nicely for me on some not too distant Sunday. I'll do a stout or two then.

[​IMG]

14. ichibaneye

This is Elysian is some of the most tasty and easy drinking beer around. I'm thinking this. Are any of you interested in maybe trying beers not available in your area? I know I am.

I'd be willing to ship a sixer someone's way if they paid for the brew and vice versa if anyone else is interested in this get at me. Cheers! :cheers:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  15. Vapor Loop

Vapor Loop Well-Known Member

Well I finally got a kegerator early last month just finished up my first 1/6 keg Paideia pale ale. I think even tho I haven't had it on draft I will get V.i.p.a from Hardywood next.

16. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

My go to beer has been New Castle forever but lately I have been enjoying 805. I don't care for IPA's much. Guinness is good but I can only drink a couple pints before I have to move to something not quite so filling. I love good beer and hate the piss American pilsners. Coors, Budweiser, Miller are all pretty gross. Anyone try Young's double chocolate stout?? That's an excellent stout with a nice dark chocolate finish to it.

17. ichibaneye

Nice sipping right here!
    [​IMG]

GetLeft, Philreal187 and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  18. stoneleopard

stoneleopard Active Member

Not a serious beer drinker, but to me that's just all the more reason to only drink good beer when I do have it.
    [​IMG]
    One of my local favourites

@TwistedGray Looking forward to hearing how those turn out.

19. TwistedGray

I passed along one non-medicated and one medicated beer to a cannabis user friend. He tried the non-medicated and said it was really good. He thought it may have been medicated though, which is actually a good sight. His thought was because of the aromas and taste which is exactly what I was going for. I haven't tried either yet ... consumption of THC usually hits me pretty hard (that is, I feel the effects pretty well into the following day).

20. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I ordered a red stripe and rum (boilermaker) the other day expecting it to be horrible and ended up really liking it. Something clear and not spiced like bacardi. Really surprised at how much I liked it, especially not being a red stripe guy. Great for a hot day.

GetLeft, SSVUN~YAH and Philreal187 like this.
  21. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Sorry for the double post, can't edit.

I felt like my last post wasn't a serious beer drinkers forum post. Guinness is my favorite forever, but this is a close second that I always look forward to:
    [​IMG]

GetLeft, SSVUN~YAH and Philreal187 like this.
  22. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

Wow.

I believe that one of the crown jewels made by Founder's is their Sumatra Brown Ale. I'm not a big fan of putting coffee in every style of beer but this beer seriously works. The way the brown ale and the coffee intermingle is incredible. Each lifts the other without either being overwhelming.

Well...it turns out that the Founder's brewery has a barrel aged version of the Sumatra Brown Ale and oh..my..god is that thing good. It takes everything about the original that is good and bumps it up a notch or two. It is even smoother than the original. The bartender told me three times that I should go to the secondary bar and get one because it is so damn good. He was right. If you can get to Founder's, this is totally worth it. If not, pray that they bottle it.

23. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Convection Enthusiast

Tried Lagunitas IPA for the first time the other day and found my new favorite grocery store beer.

24. ichibaneye

I don't only drink IPA's but we all know as beer drinkers that sometimes a taste grows on you or is acquired along the way as you branch out into that which is the vast and very expansive world of beer.

All that being said once I had gained my IPA chops and a liking for it I've been stuck for a bit. The IPA beer world in itself is huge!

Poor us beer drinkers... it's like we have to many choices...ouch. :p

Here's a 10 barrel IPA from Bend, OR. She's 6.8% and easy sipping.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  25. GetLeft

Hogni, ichibaneye and SSVUN~YAH like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors