Any serious beer drinkers in forum?

Morty

If there was a double like option @Gettinbetter, you'd be getting one from me for that post. That breakfast stout is the absolute shiz nitz! Love that stuff. Just look at the head (or collar) between those two beers. Look how brown it is. :ko: That's a fucking beer! Man, I think I'm gonna have to go to the store & pick some up before I go to my homies house tonight. :cheers:

Last edited:

waxdab23

Still a favorite of all good hop-heads, and amazing how good it is in cans! Grapefruit Sculpin. If you happen to be in Philly and looking for a good quick tailgate setup - or even just a picnic - swing through South Philly near the river and grab some of the best roast pork in the world at John's Roast Pork. A perfect pairing with the Grapefruit Sculpin. Hell, in truth, both are damned near a perfect pairing with anything. Put these two together and you can't miss! Just make sure you have at least a 6 cans for every person, 'cause even at 7%, these babies go down wayyyyy too easy.

sFAhPXP.jpg

DAMN.... My mouth waters just looking at the f'n pic! Sorry if I brought on any unexpected munchies for anyone. :ugh:

Perfect pairing with the EVO as well! Thanks for the recommendation, this stuff is amazing...

SlkEsi7.jpg

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
More from the fantastic brewers at Almasty. This time teaming up with another of my favorite breweries - Brass Castle - for a floral treat of a pale ale that stirs up childhood memories of perfume & cordial at my grandparent's house . . . .

Dry, crisp elderflower in the mouth, followed by a surprisingly powerful rose hit on the exhale. It may sound rather odd for a beer, but lordy-lordy this brew goes down well.

Spot on, boys.

@Philreal187 - pleased to hear that you are enjoying brewery life!
I spend half my day talking about craft beer! With that said I feel obligated to try more local seasonal stuff to keep up! I actually get to go to a new brewery Dancing Gnome for a soft open with my work and others in the local industry, its like a dream come true!
You're my hero! :tup:

Cheers FC :cheers:

:peace:

Philreal187

Thanks @Mr Mellish @b9 & @VegNVape Its really been refreshing working for a small independent brewery that has a passion for what they love!

Tuesday was incredible for the industry soft open of dancing gnome! A brand new and wall to wall packed brewery with everyone from the Pittsburgh craft beer scene hanging out enjoying the great new beers! I was talking with people who make some of my favorite local beers and getting the behind the scenes tour of what a start up brewery entitles! They had four beers on tap of course I tried them all and brought some home! Unfortunately my phone camera is still broke so I don't have brewery pictures but here is brew I brought home.

Called Lustra it was a very pleasant pale ale with lots of delicious citrus flavor!

HYeauSF.jpg

For anyone whose a nerd here was there 4 opening brews!
8RyF8pJ.jpg

qwh6ofY.jpg

The wonka was also amazing just didn't think my lady would like it so didn't bring any home..

@Mr Mellish syrup or grain.. I think you are asking what I plan to brew with for my first..? Well my buddy and I decided a barleywine was going to be our first and we will be sourcing all ingredients in their nature form! I'm pretty strict on consuming organics for the food I purchase so the same passion for clean food will go into the brewing! So to answer that question grain it is!

Mr Mellish

Thanks @Mr Mellish @b9 & @VegNVape Its really been refreshing working for a small independent brewery that has a passion for what they love!

Tuesday was incredible for the industry soft open of dancing gnome! A brand new and wall to wall packed brewery with everyone from the Pittsburgh craft beer scene hanging out enjoying the great new beers! I was talking with people who make some of my favorite local beers and getting the behind the scenes tour of what a start up brewery entitles! They had four beers on tap of course I tried them all and brought some home! Unfortunately my phone camera is still broke so I don't have brewery pictures but here is brew I brought home.

Called Lustra it was a very pleasant pale ale with lots of delicious citrus flavor!

HYeauSF.jpg

For anyone whose a nerd here was there 4 opening brews!
8RyF8pJ.jpg

qwh6ofY.jpg

The wonka was also amazing just didn't think my lady would like it so didn't bring any home..

@Mr Mellish syrup or grain.. I think you are asking what I plan to brew with for my first..? Well my buddy and I decided a barleywine was going to be our first and we will be sourcing all ingredients in their nature form! I'm pretty strict on consuming organics for the food I purchase so the same passion for clean food will go into the brewing! So to answer that question grain it is!

@Philreal187 , I'm jealous about your soft opening! (Ewww, did I just type that??). It sounds like a great time.

Good luck with the brewing. Going all grain and barley wine on your first effort is ballsy. My biggest struggle was always having adequate space/equipment for sparging. If you have something for that, you should be good to go. Just remember, cleanliness is your best friend. I used Star San on my last batch and felt it made a big difference.

Philreal187

:lmao:thats about enough talk about my soft opening!! :rofl:

Thanks for the advice! I will be doing this batch and possibly a few more at the brewery I work at with the head brewery there to help along the way! It's basically like training wheels or bumpers when bowling! I hope to learn some key things before investing in my own equipment and tackling this brewing in my own garage!!

And don't be jealous if I get something good I'll mail you some brews!!

Mr Mellish

:lmao:thats about enough talk about my soft opening!! :rofl:

Thanks for the advice! I will be doing this batch and possibly a few more at the brewery I work at with the head brewery there to help along the way! It's basically like training wheels or bumpers when bowling! I hope to learn some key things before investing in my own equipment and tackling this brewing in my own garage!!

And don't be jealous if I get something good I'll mail you some brews!!

That is awesome. You are a lucky man!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Happy daze @Philreal187! Lessons from a master brewer sound invaluable. I look forward to sampling your internationally acclaimed future brews! :)

As for me, a late Friday afternoon, swift half of Benediktiner is the call of the moment :tup:

Mmmmm pavement beer!

Now, it may be fairly mass produced, and distributed by Bitburger for us non-Bavarians, but it IS German, and it's 400 year old heritage is pretty damn impressive in my eyes . . .
Headerbild_Kloster_Benediktiner.jpg

"Ettal Abbey was founded on 28 April 1330 by Emperor Louis IV, known as the Bavarian. In the 15th and 16th centuries, the monastery had a brewery in the famous village of Oberammergau in Upper Bavaria. The monastery brewery at Ettal Abbey was established in 1609. Alongside agriculture, the monastery brewery is the oldest enterprise run by the Benedictine abbey at Ettal.

It has been brewing beer on a continuous basis for over 400 years. Even today, Benediktiner Weissbier for the German and Austrian market is brewed exclusively at Ettal and distributed by Ettaler Klosterbetriebe.

For the other export markets, production is at the tradition-steeped Licher Privatbrauerei, due to capacity restrictions at the brewery in Ettal." - A damn shame, imo!!!

Anyhoo, have a good one folks, and, I now pronounce this weekend, OPEN!

Cheers m'dears :cheers:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey beardy wierdies! :)

Balsamic sweet cherries on the nose, and literally zero body, accompanied by a refreshing, tart yet mellow, salty sour cherrification in the mouth.
Rodenbach Grand Cru:
BHuaBi3.jpg
^^^Fucking love this!!!

And just as the pump label describes . . .
aKWrdy0.jpg
Subtle lemon & grapefruit finished off with a sour kick. Hazey lambic style loveliness . . .
JQ0punC.jpg

Oh, and I also had some of this . . .
mUymsIB.jpg
Salty lemons!!! Amazing brew. How could anyone NOT like it, is my opinion!

But get ready to pull a face!
3067424557_98b3e9c21c_b.jpg

I only drink good beer! And I love free Friday lunchtimes!

Cheers all :cheers:

I love you guys!!!

Philreal187

Provision lime basil saison from Hop Farms brewing, the lime basil was home grown! 6% abv

dSlp22E.jpg

Blood orange IPA from my work Reclamation Brewing Company. This was brewed exclusively for the great American beer fest only the judges have this batch and me!!

1ivDJ1m.jpg

This one is a smoke porter from my work also a great American beer fest exclusive!!

oL77eMT.jpg

This pumpkin caugh my eye its from lake front brewery aged in brandy barrels and clocks in at 13.4% :o It was a bit boozy for my taste but still good choice!

aRTsGWL.jpg

And last but certainly not least a staple to my local beer drinking, another masterpiece from my favorite brewery Draai Laag this is a sour called La Pientuze and was brewed with black cherries!

JQnjhzC.jpg

@VegNVape those brews look awesome man!!

BD9

WOW! Very nice guys!! I got called two weeks ago and was asked if I wanted to go to work for one of the larger retail spirits stores in my area. I said yes. It's going to far, far, more corporate. They own 12 stores compared to my current employer's 4 stores but their selection is huge.

Nothing too fancy but a very good beer for a chilly day while watching a Notre Dame game. I like most beers these guys make but this is one of favorites from Great Lakes. Edmund Fitzgerald. To me, it gets better as it warms. More dark chocolate and coffee. Bitter, but not offensive.

BvLwKNl.jpg

Mr Mellish

Bell's released their Black Note on Saturday, one day prior to their awesome event: All Stout's Day.

Black Note is a bourbon barrel imperial stout. I get figs, chocolate, and espresso and it's quite smooth. Not sure it's quite up to Goose Island Bourbon County but it's close-ish. I'm avoiding the temptation to crack one of my precious bottles for a comparison.

If you live close enough to catch an All Stout's Day, it's worth some effort. 27 different stouts for your tasting pleasure. However, get there earlier, rather than later...some of the more interesting stouts are brewed in small batches and go quickly.

Gettinbetter

Bell's released their Black Note on Saturday, one day prior to their awesome event: All Stout's Day.

Black Note is a bourbon barrel imperial stout. I get figs, chocolate, and espresso and it's quite smooth. Not sure it's quite up to Goose Island Bourbon County but it's close-ish. I'm avoiding the temptation to crack one of my precious bottles for a comparison.

If you live close enough to catch an All Stout's Day, it's worth some effort. 27 different stouts for your tasting pleasure. However, get there earlier, rather than later...some of the more interesting stouts are brewed in small batches and go quickly.
Nice, I'm going to look for that one.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I don't have a picture, but I'm drinking Woodchuck hard cider, Gumption. It's really good!

***Edit---Now I am drinking Woodchuck hard cider fall harvest. It tastes just like Apple pie!

Last edited:
Vicki,
Reactions: BD9
Top Bottom