• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Any reason why I shouldn't vape all day every day?

lwien

no, but prolonged repeated use of alcohol results in brain damage, stupid may not be a nice word for it, but being hassled by someone like this isn't a nice experience too ;)

The definition of stupid is, "lacking intelligence or common sense". So it's not that "stupid" is not a nice word for it, but in fact, for most addicts and alcoholics, it is an inaccurate word for it.

dat_sky_guy

Lost Cosmonaut
I don't enjoy getting high at all. I did as a teen but not now. I use all day most of the time and don't get "high" as you call it. I guess I am not perfectly straight by the law but that is another issue. There was a show on TV that showed, just like drunk drivers, three people, a medical user, a weekend user recreational and an occasional user. The medical user needed sooooooooooooooooooooo much to be rendered, I can't drive. The occasional was out on the first joint and the weekend on the second. The medical user after many said she would have never drove normally with the way she felt. Take this as you want but it is what it is. Tolerance my friends, hence why drug addicts need there drug to be "normal" they aren't high at all cause there tolerance is high. Even go back to the drinking, men can hold more before it effects them. Bigger people can hold more before it effects them. What makes you think herb is any different?
You make a good point about the value of tolerance when you're a medical user, but I still think that vaporizing cannabis with great frequency is a comparatively inefficient solution when you consider other forms of medication and administration. Also, if you can feel the effects of cannabis, you are technically "getting high", although I do admit that was kind of a crude term to use. In any case, I guess what I am getting at is that if you are truly using cannabis solely for its medical properties, vaporizing every half hour (guess) is really a poor solution, especially when there are clear alternatives. Eat an edible, take a single dab of CBD hash, take a few drops from a CBD tincture. All these methods require less frequent re-dosing with larger amounts of medication.

dat_sky_guy,

JCat

Accessory Maker
You make a good point about the value of tolerance when you're a medical user, but I still think that vaporizing cannabis with great frequency is a comparatively inefficient solution when you consider other forms of medication and administration. Also, if you can feel the effects of cannabis, you are technically "getting high", although I do admit that was kind of a crude term to use. In any case, I guess what I am getting at is that if you are truly using cannabis solely for its medical properties, vaporizing every half hour (guess) is really a poor solution, especially when there are clear alternatives. Eat an edible, take a single dab of CBD hash, take a few drops from a CBD tincture. All these methods require less frequent re-dosing with larger amounts of medication.
You're assuming that all people react the same to absorption through eating and sublingual as through vaporization ... I don't find this at all ... I find it takes enormous quantities of tincture and edibles to achieve the desired effect (although I do use tinctures as a supplement to vaping when I can't get away to vape every couple hours).

If all of my consumption was through edibles/tinctures, it would increase my costs by 5-10 times as I just don't get the same results ... perhaps my absorption is poor though my digestive system for whatever reason, but I don't get the same effect as others ... vaping every 2-4 hours on the other hand works wonders.

I wish I could still get high in the traditional sense of the word (sometimes I sort of succeed by consuming lots of concentrates in a sitting at night, but even then, don't really get the same high ...) Most medical users would agree with me I'm pretty sure ... at a certain point, when one has to make a decision between what's more important, the high or the medical benefit ... one almost always chooses the medical benefit even if it sacrifices the high ... (as much as I enjoy the high ... I couldn't function if I felt that way all the time ... but the focus/anxiety relieving properties that I seem to get out of it when chronic are truly beneficial)

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I can't, although still trying, eat edibles as it gives me a horrible headache and does make me high even in small doses so it is a no go for me. Tinctures do nothing for my issues. I do do wax in a pen but again the lower dose of vaping is way better for me. So it is really the opposite of what you say. I vape all day so I don't get high. I know it is difficult to understand if you aren't in that persons shoes but bodies react differently no matter how you slice it. I use sativa's which calm me. Yes, I said calms me which is the opposite of what it is suppose to do.

I have issues with what some of you say because you sound like a doctor and doctors work in absolutes, hence why I am a paraplegic now. Our bodies are not machines and there isn't one right answer. I have been the pharm route and other routes as well and this is what works the best for me. Will what I do work for someone else probably not and that is ok.

As far as getting high, I think all humans want to remove themselves from reality now and again and that is great. I wish I could but I have trouble doing that unless I take pharms, which I resist. I suppose if I drank that would do it but then I would get myself in a mess load of trouble hehe.

It is ok to agree to disagree or even debate both sides. I just would like you to realize again that all humans are made up of chemicals and stuff and things react differently on every single person. Doctors would have you believe that pill A will do the same to you as it does to someone else but that is totally not true.

dat_sky_guy

Lost Cosmonaut
I can't, although still trying, eat edibles as it gives me a horrible headache and does make me high even in small doses so it is a no go for me. Tinctures do nothing for my issues. I do do wax in a pen but again the lower dose of vaping is way better for me. So it is really the opposite of what you say. I vape all day so I don't get high. I know it is difficult to understand if you aren't in that persons shoes but bodies react differently no matter how you slice it. I use sativa's which calm me. Yes, I said calms me which is the opposite of what it is suppose to do.

I have issues with what some of you say because you sound like a doctor and doctors work in absolutes, hence why I am a paraplegic now. Our bodies are not machines and there isn't one right answer. I have been the pharm route and other routes as well and this is what works the best for me. Will what I do work for someone else probably not and that is ok.

As far as getting high, I think all humans want to remove themselves from reality now and again and that is great. I wish I could but I have trouble doing that unless I take pharms, which I resist. I suppose if I drank that would do it but then I would get myself in a mess load of trouble hehe.

It is ok to agree to disagree or even debate both sides. I just would like you to realize again that all humans are made up of chemicals and stuff and things react differently on every single person. Doctors would have you believe that pill A will do the same to you as it does to someone else but that is totally not true.
Yes, I am aware of the fact that all humans are different. However, you can't deny that there are many clear commonalities for how humans react to certain chemicals. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) cannabis has a reputation for effecting everyone differently to some extent. Nevertheless, your argument that everyone is different and therefore generalized medicines are bullshit (your pill A example) does not totally hold water in my opinion. If I have a headache and I take tylenol, my headache goes away. Does tylenol work for everybody? Probably not. Does tylenol work for the vast majority of people who take it? I'd say yes. Also, I wasn't trying to talk like a doctor as you said... that was not my intent at all.

dat_sky_guy,
The definition of stupid is, "lacking intelligence or common sense". So it's not that "stupid" is not a nice word for it, but in fact, for most addicts and alcoholics, it is an inaccurate word for it.

you know oktoberfest?

i live in the state where it's taking place, and believe me the species of stupid drunks can be sighted around here :D

SoulCaptivesAreFree,

Chill Dude

may seem like a minor difference, but pays attention to the fact that there is no clear cut line between a "medical" and a "recreational" user...

i am what most would consider a recreational user, but also use cannabis to cope with anxiety, to stimulate apetite, to help me sleep, to relieve nausea, to help with certain aspects of my chronic inflammatory disease etc... isn't every usage that makes ones life better, somewhat a medical usage?

I guess I agree and disagree with your assertion that "there is no clear cut line between a medical and a recreational user. As far as tolerance is concerned, there is probably not much difference. I mean if you vape six to eight sessions everyday your tolerance will be so high that you won't feel much of a high at all Whether you're a medical or recreational user. That said, medical users still benefit from their usage to treat their various conditions without getting high and are in general very functional. Here's what I don't understand. Why would a strictly recreational user want to use cannabis everyday all day long when they don't enjoy much of a high and are wasting money and time with no benefit? That makes no sense to me LOL....

Like you, I use cannabis to treat mild medical issues such as insomnia, anxiety and nightime pain relief for an arthritic shoulder from past sports injuries. So I guess I'd be considered a quasi medical user, however, I must admit I do enjoy the high and general relaxation I get from weed. For my mild medical conditions it would be ridiculous to medicate all day long everyday as I like to keep a reasonably low tolerance. I do have tremendous compassion for those on this forum who are dealing with very serious and chronic conditions who have to medicate all day everyday to get relief.....

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
I would use recreationally even if I didn't have a medical condition, but probably much differently. I have late stage chronic pancreatitis which compromises my immune system as well (w/o touching on back injuries). I fight cachexia, control nausea, maintain appetite, help immune system, control stress (ha), and help alleviate pain w/ mj. I was 18 when 1st diagnosed and told to say my goodbyes - in the hospital 3+ times/year for a couple of weeks at a time. Through the constant daily use of mj I got my er visits down to every 3 years - then 5 - and now almost 10 years apart. I was never expected to be here now.

My use is pretty constant every day. If working - morning, hopefully lunch and after work. I don't easily get stoned, but try to vary concentrates, delivery devices and strains to help as much as possible. Unlike w/ most pain - I can't just medicate as needed. I need to maintain a consistent level or risk illness. This why I grow for myself and why I have fought for grower rights. Trying to afford a dispensary for my high needs would kill me and others.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Chill Dude, for a long time i had an all day habit of cannabis and i don't consider i had a high tolerance and i definitly got wasted every time i vaped.
With combustion it was different but i also mixed with tobacco so it was two main psychoactive and addictive compounds, not just one.
But with vaporizing, when i used to vape all day every day i never exceded 0,4g/day which was my maximum daily usage since i vape.

To me the difference between a recreational and a medical user is much more difficult to assert than it seems at first.

First of all, dosage. And second, frequency. Third, motivation to do it.

These two items change greatly depending on the kind of condition you are treating. Some medical users don't need a psychotropic dose, others do.
This determines right from the start if you have the potential to

Some recreational users vape everyday until they have a minor buzz and others slam their receptors until they have bloodshot eyes.

I don't believe it is healthy to be an all-day user, and it is less healthy the more quantity you use at a time (of course each organism is different and some people have a higher resistance to the bad side effects of chronic use), and the more frequently you do it.

If you have to use it every day, all day for medical reasons you should eat foods and/or supplements that compensate for the usage.

Meditation and exercise should be part of the treatment as well.

Last edited:

Zookeeper

Dont do it, you'll end up unable to think about anything but finding better weed. And there's no such thing as the best, you just keep looking and looking as you tolerance gets worse and worse.

Honestly, just dont vape before chores or whatever, Cannabis is always better afterwards.

Zookeeper,
Reactions: Radio
Any reason why you shouldn't vape all day everyday?

You shouldn't because even substances that are inherently non-toxic can be abused and cause damage, especially those that regulate brain chemistry

Everything in moderation, amigo. Besides, taking breaks between sessions keeps the herb a sweet treat to look forward too.

Top Bottom