Blues were getting pretty snappy.
Ducks were still kinda instigating.

didn't get to see the Blues v Predators
but now Blues and Nucks lost :[

jatenones,

2clicker

Observer
jatenones said:
anybody see conklin's SICK glove save v dallas?

yeah

still cant believe we didnt walk away from that one with 2 points

blues outplayed the stars, but lehtonen was like :o

conks was solid... love our tandem!

2clicker,

jatenones

Scrumtrulescent.
you could tell he was rusty from the shootout, bet payne didn't think shootout when he put conks in.
but from that save i still feel like he should have more TOI this season.

jatenones,

2clicker

Observer
jatenones said:
from that save i still feel like he should have more TOI this season.

from what ive gathered on how high MGMT is on Halak id say Conks gets between 15-25 starts. Halak will likely get 50-60 leaving maybe 10 or so to any call ups in case of injury to either Halak or Conks. IMO Conks is the kind of goalie that excels as a back up. he is incredible when called upon, but cannot withstand the grind of a starting goalies position. last year when Mason was hurt and Conks was filling the starter role, his weaknesses then get exploited. love the guy... great back up, but not cut out to be a starter in the NHL.

now if something happens to either Halak or Conks (pref conks :( ) i would like to see Jake Allen called up before Ben Bishop. i like the fact that Bishop is from STL and is a fuggin GIANT, but im afraid that he is taking a long time to develop into an NHL ready goalie... and unfortunately when goalies take a long time to develop they never make it. i wish him all the luck in the world and would love to see him crack the Blues, but i just dont see it happening. Jake Allen on the other hand is an amazing young talent. this kid has the makings to be a true star in this league. his performance in the World Juniors was phenomenal.

the future of Blues hockey is looking bright indeed! so bright in fact we gotta :cool:

2clicker,

jatenones

Scrumtrulescent.
i would like to see conks more than last season, thats all. he may not be a 3 game shutout goalie but does his job when he needs it. i was actually hoping bishop would've started when chris "mcfuckup" mason left
BUT
i still love halak and feel like he will bring us some playoff :D
this blackhawk game is gonna be reallly good too. can't wait to watch it on this 32 inch dorm tv :mad:

jatenones,

flanman

don't really watch hockey much unless i realize it is on. i do enjoy going to a local ahl game when i can, used to be river rats now it's the devils

flanman,

2clicker

Observer
chucku said:
All hail Marian Hossa.

that second goal of his through the legs was fresh

the first one however should never have happened. how the fugg do they call that penalty on Halak??? serially? fuggin joke that call.

this game should have ended 2-1 blues dammit :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

wtf was Jax doin in OT just sittin there on one knee acting like a goalie...? he might as well not have been on the ice at all. he has such a great game and then allows that garbo in OT that lead to the winning goal...

good game overall

...ok im over it

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
jatenones said:
i would like to see conks more than last season, thats all. he may not be a 3 game shutout goalie but does his job when he needs it. i was actually hoping bishop would've started when chris "mcfuckup" mason left
BUT
i still love halak and feel like he will bring us some playoff :D
this blackhawk game is gonna be reallly good too. can't wait to watch it on this 32 inch dorm tv :mad:

i still have hope for Bishop, but im afraid that Allen is stealing his spotlight. i would love to see him become our goalie of the future. i know alot of people who played with and against him. that could be my foot in the door to the organization... :brow: :lol:

LGB!!!

2clicker,

jatenones

Scrumtrulescent.
me too. hopefully in a few years he'll be given some icetime!
if conks retires, bishop will be in, i am sure.

i don't even want to talk about last night. blues just thought they had won and gave the hawks the W.

jatenones,

2clicker

Observer
all hail Davin Perron! :brow:

great game tonight

i was in section 122

lots of red in the seats... group of hawks fans behind us started some nasty shit. im sure 3 or 4 of them got arrested. the blues fans that bought into their shit talking were equally as lame. prime example of how alcohol can really turn a normally friendly person into an animal like that. too bad we can sit in our seats at the rink and vape. would have been a much friendlier atmosphere for sure. then again, not TOO friendly of an atmosphere :D

Blues owned the hawks all over the ice tonight

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
hawks
flyers
pens
preds
ducks

whos next? :lol:

boom shak HALAK!!!
4c995641c0913.image.jpg

2clicker,

LOCKSTOCK93

Hey, 2clicker, nice season so far for Halak, eh? Pretty stellar first month! Price has been a little less so, but both off to a good start.

LOCKSTOCK93,

2clicker

Observer
LOCKSTOCK93 said:
Hey, 2clicker, nice season so far for Halak, eh? Pretty stellar first month! Price has been a little less so, but both off to a good start.

to say the least! he has been brilliant so far. great start for him and the team. huge efforts from all the youngsters as well has helped the Note to there hot start. we will most def be in the post season this year... hopefully watching Halak carry us to the finals. yup im stoked

and yes i noticed that Price was doing well. ive watched a couple of habs games here and there (center ice). ive also been speaking with other Habs fans and i was asking about their opinion on Eller so far. from what i gather most believe that your coach keeps him on an extremely short leash and he isnt getting any quality TOI. sounds just like when the Blues still had Andy Murray coaching them... what a mess that was.

coaches like that can really ruin young talent. i hope the best for Eller and Montreal might have to be my new team in the east (that changes about every year :cool: )

2clicker,

jatenones

Scrumtrulescent.
SHARKS
hawks
flyers
pens
preds
ducks
whos next?
boom shak HALAK!!!
NUMBER ONE!
blues all the way.
definitely did not expect Halak to bring us the W's as much as he is.

Sharks tomorrow. Blues gonnna make it 6-0 at home!

jatenones,

2clicker

Observer
jatenones said:
SHARKS
hawks
flyers
pens
preds
ducks
whos next?
boom shak HALAK!!!
NUMBER ONE!
blues all the way.
definitely did not expect Halak to bring us the W's as much as he is.

yeah so far so good :D

i gotta say they look amazing right now. firing on all cylinders. and id say in 2 of our losses we outplayed the opponent (just did not outscore them)

Halak is as cool calm and collect as ive ever seen ANY goalie. so much fun to watch.

9 games played and already 14 points. so we are off to the great start we needed. now we gotta sustain that the rest of the year. we had 90+ points last season and that wasnt good enough to crack the west (would have been in the east tho). so id say we are gonna need to shoot for 100 points this year... only 86 more to go with about 73 games left to do it. should be easy right??? :lol:

tomorrows game against the sharks will be another good test, but im sure the boys are up for it. be on the lookout for Blues prospect Nikita Nikitin to be dressed in a Note for the sharks game.

and hopefully Polak will be back sooner than they expected.

LGB

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
jatenones said:

Sharks... check

whos next?

the bruins

tim thomas vs. jaroslav halak

should be a barn burner

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
Bruins who?

Rangers tonight, but Conklin gets the start im sure

Blues are w/out 3 of their top Dmen and still plowing through teams

me likey :brow:

2clicker,

george

Hawks took the Shootout last night WOOO

Hopefully they're victorious tonight as well, and give Edmonton some payback :mad:

george,

2clicker

Observer
george said:
Hawks took the Shootout last night WOOO

Hopefully they're victorious tonight as well, and give Edmonton some payback :mad:

looks like the Oil took it tonight

and how the hell have the hawks played 17 games already??? :o

as for the Blues...

Rangers = check

Note sittin atop the whole heap as of now

didnt see that comin :ninja:

2clicker,

chucku

Charles Urbane
The Indian will have a lot more days off in February and March. The annual circus trip starts soon.

chucku,

jatenones

Scrumtrulescent.
i don't think anybody in STL saw this coming from the blues.
being a fan for years, i can't remember being this excited, esp this early in the season.

next up: jackets and predators.
i think we have the jackets but the predators will want to end our streak like we did to theirs so it will be a night spent in the box more than on the ice.
nevertheless,
KICK ASS BLUES.

sidenote: nukes are climbing back up, fourth now!
the december nukes at blues game is going be insane!
5 row tickets behind loungo!!!!!

jatenones,
Top Bottom