any NHL fans here?

this_guy_griff

david backes is solid, but hes not near toews imo. STL has a solid team though, i love petroangleo. Had them beating the kings last year in the playoffs. would love to see a stl chi matchup one day. but they dont compare. backes is a better hitter, defense side of the game is slightly toward toews and offense is clearly toews so toews is overall a better player.
that goal by hertl is everywhere now lol

this_guy_griff,

2clicker

Observer
david backes is solid, but hes not near toews imo. STL has a solid team though, i love petroangleo. Had them beating the kings last year in the playoffs. would love to see a stl chi matchup one day. but they dont compare. backes is a better hitter, defense side of the game is slightly toward toews and offense is clearly toews so toews is overall a better player.
that goal by hertl is everywhere now lol

toews is no doubt more talented offensively. i wasnt saying backes is a better overall player. what i did say was that backes OWNS toews on the ice. they have fought quite a few times and backes whoops that little bitch every time. especially in the hit department. toews is scared of backes im pretty sure. i respect the guy, but i hate him ya know? great overall game tonight. true rivalry stuff. i love that shit.

On a more important note, tonight is the first match up between the two hottest teams in the NHL right now. Defending champs take on the hated Blues. 2clicker, you ready for a good ass kicking? GO HAWKS!

you were saying...? :rockon:

2clicker,

this_guy_griff

pretty sure it doesn't matter if you get more hits or whoop another player, its the score... lol seemed like a good game though. playoffs is all that matters though;)
leafs win! wooo! bernier is playing off the charts right now.
avs 4-0-0 to start the season. patty roy is teaching these boys how to play the game.

this_guy_griff,

2clicker

Observer
pretty sure it doesn't matter if you get more hits or whoop another player, its the score... lol seemed like a good game though. playoffs is all that matters though;)
leafs win! wooo! bernier is playing off the charts right now.
avs 4-0-0 to start the season. patty roy is teaching these boys how to play the game.

well i suppose i still hold on to the old days when that shit did matter in a blues and blackhawks game. those days run deep. and fuck eddie the eagle! i can hear it now.... BELLLLLFOOOUUUUURRRRR!!!!

watching the sharks n nucks game now. someone went after that hurtl kids head earlier. im sure we are going to be hearing from shanny on that one. looked like it was an intentional head shot. i wanna say edler did it...?

2clicker,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Did anyone catch Tomas Hertl's 4 goal game last night? He's only 19 and is making veteran players look dumb. Check this shit out:

On a more important note, tonight is the first match up between the two hottest teams in the NHL right now. Defending champs take on the hated Blues. 2clicker, you ready for a good ass kicking? GO HAWKS!
Somebody took a puck to the head if they think the Blackhawks are included in the "two hottest teams in the NHL" Fuck, theres undefeated teams out there, how do you figure a 1-1-1 team is HOT. PFFT!

Silver420Surfer,

this_guy_griff

im a hawks fan and i certainly wouldn't call them hot. you can put SJ and the avs in that convo though.
anyone have any idea whats going on with thomas and the panthers? hes hurt or something?

what did all you boys think of thorton comment in the media scrum after hertl 4 goal game? "id take my cock out if i score 4 goals. i'd take it out and stroke it". guy in Van city press put it in his "article" (its barely a paper it seems).

this_guy_griff,

TechnicalToker

To guy griff. All those stats mean something come contract time. Defensive players are scrutinised for hits, blocked shots, puck possession time, ice time, plus minus etc. I had a good friend of mine that played for 2 cups with Randy Carlisle. He treats almost every player the same. Hes not there to be your friend. Hes there to win and every shift is a try out for that position. You know going in what the expectations are.

TechnicalToker,
Reactions: 2clicker

2clicker

Observer
im a hawks fan and i certainly wouldn't call them hot. you can put SJ and the avs in that convo though.
anyone have any idea whats going on with thomas and the panthers? hes hurt or something?

what did all you boys think of thorton comment in the media scrum after hertl 4 goal game? "id take my cock out if i score 4 goals. i'd take it out and stroke it". guy in Van city press put it in his "article" (its barely a paper it seems).

thomas took a whole year off. its not surprising at all that he lost a step. you dont take a whole year off and just come back ready to go. he will struggle all year IMO. esp with the panthers.

i saw the article about thortons comments. i dont think much of it really. he says that cuz he will never score 4 goals in a game. esp in the playoffs. dude is overrated. i dont mind the skill shown by hertl at all but he has to know that other players in the league are going to target him now. well see how he handles that.

2clicker,

this_guy_griff

thomas took a whole year off. its not surprising at all that he lost a step. you dont take a whole year off and just come back ready to go. he will struggle all year IMO. esp with the panthers.
that will be good for markstrom then. young goalie with lots of potential.
did you just say jumbo joe is overrated? lol wow. i always think hes underrated. hes getting old now, not quite as dominant, especially because of couture, little joe, and marleau, gotta share the ice, but hes still extremely good.
from all the players reaction i saw of hertl's goal, very few said anything negative.

this_guy_griff,

this_guy_griff

technical toker: i believe your talking about how i compared toews and backes? well, all those stats do help come contract time, but while backes does all that, so does toews, plus win faceoffs like a champ, unless hes against bergeron(bos).

this_guy_griff,

2clicker

Observer
that will be good for markstrom then. young goalie with lots of potential.
did you just say jumbo joe is overrated? lol wow. i always think hes underrated. hes getting old now, not quite as dominant, especially because of couture, little joe, and marleau, gotta share the ice, but hes still extremely good.
from all the players reaction i saw of hertl's goal, very few said anything negative.

"jumbo" joe: yeah. so maybe hes not overrated now because well, he is just not rated that high anymore, but he used to be. and he was overrated then.

as for hurtl:

every teams big hitters or "negotiators" are going to go after your best players. when you have guys that are flossing skills like Hertl your going to see lots attention on those players. im fine with the goal myself. love to see that kind of skill, but best believe if you score goals like that then you have a target on your back every game. for the record i thought this was a terrible hit from edler. i do not condone head shots in any way.... except for fights that is.... :rockon:

random shit: did anyone see Tavares pull out his own tooth like it wasnt shit after taking that puck to the face? holy balls

Last edited:
2clicker,

this_guy_griff

i think he has a target, but more so for showing signs on what skills he has, not when and how he scored and the opponents don't like it.
agreed, head shots are brutal but fighting gotta stay.
i did see tavares do that haha, hes proving me wrong the last couple years.
anyone see the leaf game? what a fun, crazy mistake filled game.
also, avs won again, the leafs and avs lead the league now.

this_guy_griff,

TechnicalToker

I remember the days when, you caught a guy with his head down and you made him pay for it, was just a good hit. Equipment is much better today but the guys are bigger and faster so getting caught in the train tracks could end your career.

If they take the fighting out of hockey, who is going to police the onslaught of cheap shots that are going to take place? The refs?

TechnicalToker,

this_guy_griff

If they take the fighting out of hockey, who is going to police the onslaught of cheap shots that are going to take place? The refs?
i love the players saying it keeps people in check. fighting in hockey needs to stay imo. they have to make it safer as well though, or at least reduce the number of fights. imo, you need a better reason to scrap then just getting your ass kicked in a game. score is close, teammate gets hurt, goalie gets run, etc are all reasons im for. if the score is 5-1, fighters just wants to fight, etc are reason suspensions need to be handed out.
how would you got feel about starting a fc hockey pool?

this_guy_griff,

2clicker

Observer
if the score is 5-1, fighters just wants to fight, etc are reason suspensions need to be handed out

i gotta dissagree. sometimes you fight someone to get your team going. to change the momentum of a game or even games. i dont think there is anything wrong with it the way it is now. except let them take off their own helmets if they want to!

2clicker,

TechnicalToker

If you watch the heavy weights they abide by the rules. Now its take each others helmet off?? or something, then, its get to it. Cant figure out quote but "fighters want to fight" is a bit short sighted. That's their job. Once they accept that role, or any other player accepts their role, the organization makes all they decisions. Immediate is assistant coaches, then head coach and on up the chain depending. But yes suspensions are handed out and all that depends scrutinized video footage as to need viciousness etc

TechnicalToker,

TechnicalToker

If it was the old days -15 yrs or so Hertl would get dummied in half the citys he visited. Present day I dont think much will come of it. The organization will have someone talk to him to tone it down. Watch if he goes to the net the next time in that city. They will make sure he understands.

TechnicalToker,

2clicker

Observer
well my boys laid a real turd tonight against the sharks. i have no idea what Lapierre thinks he is doing out there. he fucked us big time tonight. what a mess. i really hope Boyle is ok. this guy has only been on the team for his 5th game now. his actions are not Blues hockey. Pajaarvi, Jaskin, or Cracknell will gladly fill his spot on the roster. or maybe Ty Rattie. fuck i cant believe what he did.

2clicker,

this_guy_griff

i gotta dissagree. sometimes you fight someone to get your team going. to change the momentum of a game or even games. i dont think there is anything wrong with it the way it is now. except let them take off their own helmets if they want to!
let me rephrase then: if its LATE in the game and 5-1, theres no need.

this_guy_griff,

2clicker

Observer
Ow4Xd3f.jpg

2clicker,
Yo clicker, I heard Backes and Schwartz are injured. Anything serious? Also, what are your thoughts on Schwartz as an Nhl'er? I saw him a few times with Colorado College. Always stood out from the crowd.

wunderkind,
The Ducks always seem to play well against Chicago, going all the way back to the early Kariya and Selanne days. Can't believe Selanne is still playing at the level that he is. He's a freak of nature. :nod:

wunderkind,
Top Bottom