any NHL fans here?

TechnicalToker

One of the tough guys from another team kinda went after him pre season. He back pedalled and slashed the other player that was already engaged with two more players and Don defended him. It was chicken shit. IMHO Kessell should have his ass handed to him for the stick swinging. Role players should not be targeting skilled players but drop your stick and gloves or turtle. As for Kessell, goal scorers circle to the net not away from it. Toronto has to evaluate his worthiness against his contract.

TechnicalToker,

2clicker

Observer
One of the tough guys from another team kinda went after him pre season. He back pedalled and slashed the other player that was already engaged with two more players and Don defended him. It was chicken shit. IMHO Kessell should have his ass handed to him for the stick swinging. Role players should not be targeting skilled players but drop your stick and gloves or turtle. As for Kessell, goal scorers circle to the net not away from it. Toronto has to evaluate his worthiness against his contract.

oh i saw it and agree it was total puss move. and the. shanny gives him only 3 game (preseason only) suspension??? bullshit.

fuck kessel and fuck shanny.

kessel has a target on his back. he better keep his head up this year regardless of what team he is playing.

cherry is a doosh

2clicker,

TechnicalToker

I have to slightly disagree with the "cherry is a douche" comment. I have been an acquaintance of Dons in past years and agree with most of his thinking. Euros complaining that hockey is too tough over here, taking the fighting out of hockey is wrong on so many levels BUT he is wrong about Kessell and I hope someone tunes him in. Unfortunately it looks like Kessell and Lopul will be the only offensive threats Toronto will have. Shut down those two and its over for Toronto. They also need to deal Phaneuf. He watches the play not plays the play

TechnicalToker,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Bolland is not exactly chopped liver. He plays a solid all around game and since he has different priorities than with the Indian do not be surprised if he gets at least 20 goals.

chucku,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Good thing he only faces the the Indian 2x this season. Too bad he missed last nights festivites. It would be cool if he gets a recording.

chucku,
Wow Colorado had a huge game tonight. Good young team. Patrick Roy went apeshit at the end for some reason lol. it's gonna be a good season. :D

Last edited:
wunderkind,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

TechnicalToker

Youre right chuck. I did forget about Bolland. Great player but unfortunately cant do it all by himself.

TechnicalToker,

2clicker

Observer
nhl fined Patty Roy 10K for his tantrum last night.

i fell asleep watching and missed it...

im going to our opener tonight! LGB!!!!!!!!

Have fun at the game man.
I was talking on the phone at the end of the Avs game and kind of missed what led to Roy going bonkers. Just went back and watched again. Good times. Looks like Patrick Roy has been brought in to light a fire under their asses, and bring some passion and intensity back to the franchise. Way to start the season off with a bang!

Last edited:
wunderkind,
Reactions: 2clicker

Hexi

I have a lot of hockey in my family bloodlines, but unfortunately I never got into ice hockey since it was so expensive as a kid.

But I watch during the playoffs :)

Hexi

I "coulda been a contenda!" I have cousins that were pro and others that had D1 NCAA scholarships! I coulda been a poor man's Don Sweeny! Lax was fun, but no skates, no ice, no fights allowed :(

Hexi,

TechnicalToker

I had some friends and team mates that went to the show. A few that went to Europe. All very good players in their own right. All I can say is that I made money playing hockey but never signed a contract making more than a gas station attendant.

TechnicalToker,
Well I played a lot of pond hockey/outdoor rink shinny when I lived up in Minnesota. :lol: But holy hell, TechToker was buddies with Grapes? That's legendary. Do tell a little bit about that please.

wunderkind,

2clicker

Observer
my boys took care of business last night even if it did get pretty sloppy at times. first game though so no sweat. chased Rinne in the first 8 mins! PP and PK look really good. Jaro was tracking very well. wasnt impressed with a few of our guys, but again its early.

as for playing... i also could not play due to the fact that its WAY TOO FUCKING EXPENSIVE!!! ive got a 4 y/old and the thought of him playing scares the shit out of me... financially. i grew up playing TONS of street hockey (when i wasnt skateboarding :rockon:).

anyway, panthers tomorrow night. its going to be a weird season with the re-alignment and inter-conference play and all. i love the idea of seeing every team at home and away, but that means less division/conference rival games. im open to it so far.

2clicker,

TechnicalToker

I did not say buddies. I said acquaintance. I had met him a few times at awards ceremonies and I played against the dogs a couple of times and saw him at the rink. Said hi and shook his hand. The other dink with him Ron McLean, reffed a couple of my games. Total asshole.

TechnicalToker,
True enough. Still a good story. My circle of friends have been big fans of Don and HNIC since we got into hockey. That's cool that you got to meet the man. :tup:

wunderkind,

2clicker

Observer
5 goals against Thomas last night. is he sure he is ready for full time NHL duty already?

hawks in our barn on Wed!!! im going to that one also!!! BLACKHAWK DOWN!

2clicker,

TechnicalToker

That time off has really taken a step out of his game. Its early, and better now then down the stretch.

Toronto's first three games, for both them and the opposed, were very loose. Back and forth on turn overs. No real puck possession time. But its early and there is a lot of hockey to be played.

TechnicalToker,

this_guy_griff

new poster in the forum and thread. im 25, canadian, and a leafs fan, with blackhawks closely behind. Johnny T is my favorite player. just a little intro.
did anyone see the goal by quick a couple days ago?! that was insane!
what do you boys think of hertl's fourth goal last night? i liked it, little bit hotdogging, but was still so smooth, gotta give him credit i think.

this_guy_griff,

2clicker

Observer
new poster in the forum and thread. im 25, canadian, and a leafs fan, with blackhawks closely behind. Johnny T is my favorite player. just a little intro.
did anyone see the goal by quick a couple days ago?! that was insane!
what do you boys think of hertl's fourth goal last night? i liked it, little bit hotdogging, but was still so smooth, gotta give him credit i think.

i fell asleep during that game when dude only had 2 goals. he looks good.

as for johhny t... watch him get punked all over the ice tonight. david backes OWNS his moark ass!

LETS GO BLUES!!!

2clicker,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Did anyone catch Tomas Hertl's 4 goal game last night? He's only 19 and is making veteran players look dumb. Check this shit out:

On a more important note, tonight is the first match up between the two hottest teams in the NHL right now. Defending champs take on the hated Blues. 2clicker, you ready for a good ass kicking? GO HAWKS!

AgentofChaos,
Top Bottom