Any Lucid Dreamers on this Board?

Philosophe

Title says it all: Does anyone in here participate in lucid dreaming? It's great fun, and I recommend everyone give it a try.

To the Lucid Dreamers: What do you do in your lucid dreams? Do you let them go as they will, or do you alter things about them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Philosophe,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I got into lucid dreaming back in highschool, roughly ~12 months before I started smoking pot.

I was VERY religious on my dream journal, from the first night onwards I was recording 2 - 3 dreams, sometimes 5+ per night.

After ~3 - 4 weeks and literally 100's of A4 pages with descript dreams and excellent dream recall, I started randomly going lucid, my most preferred method was the clock technique and sometimes the book technique.

For ~6 months I would get multiple dreams a night where I turned lucid but would drop out within 20 - 30 seconds once turning lucid. My method was the classic "close your eyes and spin really fast in a circle" to remain in the dream and teleport myself to a new location to revive being lucid.

Another 6 months I would get minimum 2 - 3 lucid dreams per night, sometimes up to 5. IMO VERY long lucid dreams, up to "30 minutes" per dream of real-time interaction.

I had excellent dream recall, they were vivid like movies, I did not have the best dream control though. You would surprised, you can be 100% aware you're dreaming but still not have complete dream control.

Then I started smoking and have been an everyday smoker since and don't dream at all. I have at times had 1 - 2 month breaks where I would go back to lucid dreaming, takes me ~1 week of a dream journal before I'm lucid again.

I got a knack for it.

Dream journal is 100% the key.

For anyone interested, clock technique IMO is the best way to go lucid: Go find a clock, look at the time quite clearly, then either look away or close your eyes (in the dream) for 3 - 5 seconds, then look back. The large majority of the time, the clock will show a completely different (often HOURS apart, AM/PM or something really random) number therefor you can go "this does no make sense" and instant... BAM, lucid.

Chubba,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Whenever I have a lucid dream (rarely) it will last the whole night and I end up waking up very sad. I realize what I was doing/thinking was all just in my head. It's more than a thought or feeling, but it always makes me sad that I left that 'world' in the universe of my mind. its a 6th sense if you will :/

also those dreams where your falling REALLY fast all of a sudden and you hit the ground with a big WOOSH are one of the best experiences you can have in life. Lights flash, a trickle of sweat drips down your brow, and you jolt from the 'impact' of hitting the ground so hard/fast. You wake up in murky fear because of the ride that you just took. funny thing is I haven't even left my bed.

quite the roller coaster our minds can be :brow:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Hello All,

I have had the opportunity to have some dreams for which I was able to control actions of those involved, scenery, etc. However, it has never been something that I have intentionally done.

I agree that keeping a dream journal is a great tool for those striving to achieve a lucid dream state.

If anyone keeps such a journal, please to not hesitate to make a donation to the Share A Dream Foundation thread (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=610). I am sure that the dreams I have submitted would love some company (and we accept daydreams, visions, regular/nite-time dreams, and (of couse) lucid dreams.

Progress,

Philosophe

Clear_Dome:

An OBE, or Out of Body Experience, is a state where one can explore the physical world while separated from their actual body.

A Lucid Dream is different. At some point, everyone will experience a lucid dream. Lucid Dreams are essentially when you realize that you're dreaming, and understand that everything that seems to be taking place is actually a complex hallucination. From that point on, you can change details about your dreams, or just let the dream continue. Alternatively, you can wake up if you so please, because you understand that you're asleep. With that in mind, Lucid Dreamers are those who possess the ability to voluntarily activate this process, and do so typically. It's quite fun, and can serve as an interesting playground of sorts, where you can think about things. It definitely seems like something that people on this forum would be interested in.

To Chubba: Right on man! Good advice right there. Dream journals are also quite fun to read. I've thought it would be interesting to publish my dream diary

Philosophe,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I have to tell something , since I heavyly smoke / vap grass , I lost this abily of realizing that I'm dreaming , I dont know if I'm the only like this but I also feel like I dream less ....that bug me for about like 5-10 years no joke ....LOL this is the first time I talk about this ...anyone feel the same ? maybe I just dont remeber my dream as I'm stoned like 24/7 :/ LOLL

Clear_Dome,

rukus13

I have vivid dreams all the time still. Since I started vaping I seem to dream more than when I was smoking. I usually vape myself to sleep. I just never had that problem of not dreaming I have some wild crazy dreams.

rukus13,
Top Bottom