Any knife nuts here at FC?

AdmiralAlpacha

I've heard nothing but great things about dave. I'm pretty ashamed I haven't made any purchases from his yet, but I haven't really started buying ZT's or Kershaw's yet.

I got my knockout from amazon since I had a gift card. And I almost bought a damascus skyline off of him when he got his shipment in. I had signed up to be on the list but missed the email (big mistake!) and missed my spot in line.

On another note, what would you guys recommend in the 4" area? Preferably under $200. I'm looking at the ZT0200, Spyderco Military, and BM 710 right now, but open to any ideas. Not sure if this is going to be my next purchase but I'm thinking maybe. I really love handling my massive HTM Mad Maxx 5.5, but it's a little too large to carry. So I was thinking maybe something in the 4" area would be a good compromise.

AdmiralAlpacha,

YeeeBuddy

I've heard nothing but great things about dave. I'm pretty ashamed I haven't made any purchases from his yet, but I haven't really started buying ZT's or Kershaw's yet.

I got my knockout from amazon since I had a gift card. And I almost bought a damascus skyline off of him when he got his shipment in. I had signed up to be on the list but missed the email (big mistake!) and missed my spot in line.

On another note, what would you guys recommend in the 4" area? Preferably under $200. I'm looking at the ZT0200, Spyderco Military, and BM 710 right now, but open to any ideas. Not sure if this is going to be my next purchase but I'm thinking maybe. I really love handling my massive HTM Mad Maxx 5.5, but it's a little too large to carry. So I was thinking maybe something in the 4" area would be a good compromise.

CHECK IT OUT !!!!!! so sexy LOL :drool:

http://kershawguy.com/products-page/featured-items/1760dam-damascus-skyline/

He said he got a few from somewhere, they were just recently put up on his site. I was considering buying one because I heard they are rare and most likely will only go up in value.

YeeeBuddy,

AdmiralAlpacha

I was actually just looking at those as I was writing that! Very tempting I must say...

I wish the Damascus did not raise knife values so much. I love the look of it, but I can never get myself to justify it, because the back of my mind keeps telling me in this case, I could get a normal skyline for only $100. And I wouldn't be able to resist using it, so the collector value pretty much vanishes if I decide to get rid of it. But on the other hand it's beautiful and is right at the price range I've been thinking about spending. Writing this I made myself even more indecisive... I better quit typing

I'm sampling my newest batch cannacaps. It's going well.

AdmiralAlpacha,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
If you want a bigger blade ten the 0200 should suit you fine. The stonewahed model Dave has one his site looks nice. I just saw that he's offering ZT0550 Blems for $120! That's a crazy good price for an awesome knife.

AdmiralAlpacha

If you want a bigger blade ten the 0200 should suit you fine. The stonewahed model Dave has one his site looks nice. I just saw that he's offering ZT0550 Blems for $120! That's a crazy good price for an awesome knife.
Do you know if the Gen 2 is a better knife? That is a great price.

AdmiralAlpacha,

Deadshort480

The differences between gen 1 and gen 2 is a different pocket clip and which side the lockbar cutout is on. Gen 1 has a regular ZT clip (my preference) while the gen 2 has a deep carry clip. The Gen 1 cutout is on the inside of the lockbar while the gen 2 cutout is on the outside of the lockbar.

That price is fantastic. If I didn't own one already I would jump all over that.

Deadshort480,

YeeeBuddy

Got my package from dave aka www.kershawguy.com and once again I cant recommend this guy enough. He gave me 2 FREE torx tools and a FREE G-10 hawk thats in the picture. I"m guessing the hawk is for the trouble of having to send back my scallion with the bad spring even though I didnt ask for anything free or complain at all. Guy really knows how to keep a customer happy, I would go out of my way to buy from him again even if his prices weren't the best. I REALLY like the leek, the size is perfect and its actually smaller than I thought, can barely feel it in my pocket. Heres my little collection so far, I might sell the silver handle scallion to my buddy to pay for the leek. I'm pretty happy its been a good morning :rockon:.

kershaw.jpg

Got my package from dave aka www.kershawguy.com and once again I cant recommend this guy enough. He gave me 2 FREE torx tools and a FREE G-10 hawk thats in the picture. I"m guessing the hawk is for the trouble of having to send back my scallion with the bad spring even though I didnt ask for anything free or complain at all. Guy really knows how to keep a customer happy, I would go out of my way to buy from him again even if his prices weren't the best. I REALLY like the leek, the size is perfect and its actually smaller than I thought, can barely feel it in my pocket. Heres my little collection so far, I might sell the silver handle scallion to my buddy to pay for the leek. I'm pretty happy its been a good morning :rockon:.

kershaw.jpg
Customer service,that's what it's all about! Make sure to spread the word,let's give our business to those who deserve it!
Side note; you've got a sweet collection going Yee,very sweet.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master

Wow! Very nice. I'm pleased to give this man my dollars for very sharp awesome blades.

Vapinghole,
Reactions: ShipDit

Deadshort480

Oh man, I just spent a whole lot of money on a couple of new customs from Carson Technology Laboratory. Located on the other side of the world, I really hope they arrive unscathed.

Excited is an understatement.

Deadshort480

Weird. Fixed.

The handles are a single piece of titanium. This is rare. Only a few custom makers even attempt doing an integral folder. It is extremely difficult to get tolerances and lockup right when creating a one piece handle. The blades are made from Nitrobe 77. This steel is supposed to he amazing and also fairly rare. It is very tough and flexible, is near corossion proof (can be left in saltwater without rusting), and can take an extremely fine edge. The fact that they offer both thumbstuds and a flipper for opening is just the icing in the cake. I've been hunting down a Granite folder from Carson for a couple years. I can't believe I'm going to be getting two.

Deadshort480,

Deadshort480

3.5" blade. It's not real beefy, but it fills my hand pretty well. Its just very well executed. I just love my flippers so when I saw a one piece handle flipper, I had to get it.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: ShipDit

AdmiralAlpacha

I'm right there with you it looks like my ideal knife :p. Too bad I have been staving off knives due to financial regions, iv had to stop visiting bladeforums :p

But really beautiful knife, perfect blade size, one piece titanium handle, and a flipper; how are you suppose to beat that?

AdmiralAlpacha,

YeeeBuddy

Those are badass, very nice. I just packaged up my leek to send back to kershaw, i dropped it and the tip of the blade broke off :doh:, was so bummed. Luckily I emailed kershaw and they have some damascus leek blades so they are gonna replace it for 10$. Very happy if I couldn't get it replaced i was probably gonna buy another one because i like it so much, gotta love kershaws warranty :rockon:.

YeeeBuddy,

AdmiralAlpacha

Good to hear they were able to fix you up, I've heard those leek tips are very fragile.

Edit: And ill say it again deadshort, those are fucking beautiful

AdmiralAlpacha,

Deadshort480

Thanks guys. They have been a pleasure to carry.

The Leek's tip is a bit fragile, but as buddy said, gotta love that warranty.

Deadshort480,

Deadshort480

So, no activity here in a minute... I finally received the knife I've been waiting for for so long.

Intrepid Damascus blade. Satin finish front scale with a flawlessly inlaid premium grade presentation piece of Mother of Pearl. You can not feel the seam at all on this inlay. The depth and firey colors are top notch. An orange peel finish on all the edges and the lock side of the knife. A Damascus pocket clip. Polished hardware. And the Cherry on top is this unbelievable backspacer. A Damascus backspacer made of two seperate pieces of Damascus that have been machined, beveled, and matched to look like one piece. It is un fucking real! It is insanely sharp and flips like an absolute dream. I don't use the word grail lightly. I don't know if I've ever even used it, but.....

The Mother of Pearl Trio

Top Bottom