Any good Netflixxing going on?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Just watching disjointed and gotta say funny and relevant.

I really tried to like it but I couldn't get past the acting and the production values reminded me of the old style comedies like All In The Family without the good writing. I didn't have a problem with the cliche's. I love Kathy Bates but it wasn't enough. It just felt.......disjointed ;)

Maybe I should give it another try.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
A lot of cannabis users hated that one. They seemed to feel that it made us look bad because it plays on too many negative cliches.

I dunno, I kinda liked it. I thought it was funny if one does not take it too seriously.

After watching the grass is greener today I hear what you saying. It is kinda stereotypical but amusing at the same time. Still debating whether it is binge worthy.

hans solo,
Reactions: Ricardo

C No Ego

@Solomon Did you see they are finally going to continue with the series Mindhunter? I am sooo excited!
I almost danced.:clap:
it looked like the Dude in the End of the last episode needed some cannabis like real Bad... one of those mind fuck moments. that part where his girl was in a dark room with another guy is some real jealousy type Shit too , for reals

C No Ego,

Tranquility

85961631.jpg

Whisper

Keep it going for a bit. I really enjoyed it, but I understand not liking somethings. There are a lot of shows, that don't 'move' me.

Whisper,

C No Ego

watched Weed the People on netflix yesterday... still get the same confusing ( how fucked up the world is) type thoughts with these issues...
spoiler- Mara gordon ( Aunt Zeldas) was an Ass in the show... the way she treated the lady who started self treating her kid with homegrown cannabis was low of the low...

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Began watching Star Trek Original TV series, remastered in HD the other day, holy moly. I’m nerdy enough that this recent Blu-ray release was already on my radar and I’ll probably still get it but it’s nice to know beforehand how truly amazing it is. I’ve loved the shows since childhood but it’s been ages since I’ve sat down & watched some and this new release made it a new experience: everything is just so crisp, sharp & groovy. And if you’re normal human being and/or this doesn’t hit any oldtimey nostalgia buttons then Netflixxing an episode or two will probably be enough for ya. It’s still very much worth a spot in your queue amongst all the cool new stuff that’s actively vying for your time and attention.

Star Trek is classically excellent vaping material obviously (mindless good fun category) and I’m finding the first season to be highly entertaining so far. The characters are finding themselves and their looks & mannerisms are being defined, also the looks of the Enterprise as well as the weapons/technology are being played with, sometimes to hilarious effect. In Episode 2, you’ve got Spock and Uhura doing a musical improvisational jam in the break room and they show the whole song. Like I said, this shit is worthwhile! I honestly can’t believe I wouldn’t remember that, and there’s been lotsa other stuff, where my minds blown by something I don’t recall and how the story & scenes feel fresh and new to me.

SPOILER ALERT: BELOW ARE TWO IMAGES YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UNSEE

Tonight’s Case in Point: Episode 5, The Enemy Within kicks off on a distant planet with a young Mr Sulu calmly holding a biological specimen he’s transporting onboard:
6iwv9w.jpg

And later, Spock gets a therapy dog to help get in touch with his emotions:
whjs0g.jpg

SECOND SPOILER ALERT: LATER THIS BITCH ^ GOES ALL ALIEN UP IN THE ENTERPRISE

Good night and good vibes

GetLeft

I’m finding the first season to be highly entertaining so far.

Some vintage camp in season 1, my favorite. Original Star Trek series = best tv ever imo.
Second best ST (imo) was the most recent season of ST Discovery, which did plenty of true-to-the-roots stuff.
I wasn't a real big fan of ST Next Generation, but the upcoming Picard flick loos promising!

Top Bottom