1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Any FC golfers ???

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by YeeeBuddy, Apr 30, 2013.

1. YeeeBuddy

YeeeBuddy Well-Known Member

Yes i love to golf, I played with my dad as a kid and worked at a golf course from age 16-19, free golf and range balls was awesome. I love how challenging/frustrating it is and when you fuck up there is no one to blame but yourself. Also what other sport can you drink beer and get lit while you play? I used to just bring my triple chamber bub and keep it in my golf bag in a padded up pocket, then kind of stick my head in their and take a fat rip. Being somewhat new to vaping I have yet to take one of my vapes out on the course but i could easily pull it off with either. I'm pretty decent I usually shoot in the mid-high 80's. I try to play or at least hit the driving range once a week. Any one else hit the sticks ????

Tweek, Quetzalcoatl and vapomancer like this.
  2. Armerad

Armerad Puffin'

I enjoy disc/frisbee golf with friends, although I've been considering taking up legitimate golf aswell.

I went strolling through a local golf course with my ladyfriend a few days ago, very idyllic. I can see why you love it!

salamanderfish and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  3. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

I'm really good at putting :razz:
    Anything else is another story..

Quetzalcoatl and Peloton like this.
  4. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

I'm an avid golfer, too. I haven't played a round without vaping on the course in years.

I usually play in the mid 80's to low 90's..... if it gets any warmer than that, I prefer to stay indoors. :p

:peace:

5. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

I am such an avid golfer I even have my own driving range. Although it's no more than a 9 iron to the green. Have been as low as a 8 handicap and usually shot in the high 70s or low 90s but alas due to work forces don't often get to play a full round these days but still hit balls regularly, and normally when I'm vapped!

6. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

Love to golf, hate the expense of it, I can hardly justify paying 50 bucks for 18 when I could easily get some killer buds!

Tweek likes this.
  7. YeeeBuddy

I use www.golfnow.com, you can get some pretty killer deals on tea times, you just have to pay upfront on some of them. I usually pay around 20-30(with a cart) for 18. I play during the week though, not as busy and usually a bit cheaper. Its definitely a luxury to be able to play often, once i stopped working at the golf course I didnt play for a while because i was so used to playing for free.

8. vapomancer

vapomancer Well-Known Member

Played my first round with the assistance of my PVHES stealth equipped Solo , today . The golf course was the last place I would still combust as i have a group of friends that still rock oldschool sneak-a-tokes and the occasional J to enforce our MJ handicapping system . That's all in the past now , though - Fucking Combustion on the links , baby !

I've been using Golfnow for 3 or 4 years , now , and absolutely love it . I use it as much to gauge the crowds on local courses as i do to save $$ , and they waive the booking fee after you've used the system like 10 times AND have just carried over the no - fee thing for me the last 2 seasons . Can't recommend them enough .

VapeNStone, Tweek and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  9. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

I'm also a golfer. I'm Australian so it is very reasonable to play there but unfortunately I live in Hong Kong where it is very expensive. I take a trip to Macau to play sometimes or go into Mainland China but it is not cheap there either. Sadly in Asia golf is generally considered to be a rich man's sport.

As a teenager I played off of a 9 handicap but I don't play as well these days. I could shoot anywhere from 75 to 95.

Sorry to be a party pooper but honestly my preference would be to vape after playing and not beforehand or during my round. I do enjoy vaping before swimming though :)

Tweek and vapomancer like this.
  10. SSVUN~YAH

Word! Imagine what Japanese prices are???

Tweek likes this.
  11. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

I've actually had a game in Japan before. I have Japanese family and my brother-in-law is a keen golfer (although pretty much a beginner). It is expensive but not prohibitively so. It is also very nice. Very calm and serene. I think golf courses are beautiful places to be honest. It cost me about $100 USD. I was going to have a game in Thailand a while back and it was close to $300. For me it just isn't worth it.

Actually playing golf is similar to buying weed for me in terms of $$$ Paying way too much is acceptable to me once or twice but if you want to play regularly I think it is really important to find a price that you can accept. Honestly if I was still combusting I would find it hard to justify the price of herb in my location.

Tweek, vapomancer and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  12. francis

francis Vape enthusiasms

Golf is one of the main reasons why i bought my pax !

Tweek and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  13. EveryDayAmnesiac

EveryDayAmnesiac Bad news from the stars.

14. SSVUN~YAH

Ha I've said that and countless caddy shack quotes on the course!

Tweek and EveryDayAmnesiac like this.
  15. YeeeBuddy

Heres a pic of one of my better shots from the last time I played. I ripped a 7 Iron from 160 out to a elevated green then proceeded to miss the birdie put :doh: LOLOL such a cruel game. Tell me thats not one of the best feelings when you hit a shot totally pure its almost effortless, one that even the pros would be proud of.

[​IMG]

16. SSVUN~YAH

Keeps ya coming back, it works if you work it! Wait that last part is from something else, scratch that last part!

Tweek and YeeeBuddy like this.
  17. Smoke1ForMe

Smoke1ForMe Well-Known Member

Playing tomorrow for the first time in a couple months, cant wait to get vaked on the course.

Tweek, SSVUN~YAH and YeeeBuddy like this.
  18. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Getting totally vaked on the golf course is one of my favorite things.:nod:

:peace:

19. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

I was shooting around 90 when I was 15. Stopped playing because my arms and shoulders weren't enjoying it as much as I was. Now all I do is kick ass at mini golfing.

Tweek, SSVUN~YAH and YeeeBuddy like this.
  20. francis

francis Vape enthusiasms

hahahahahaha​

Tweek likes this.
  21. TherealVaporblunt

TherealVaporblunt Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Do you ever have like a 5-10 minute period where you can not hit the ball after medicating? I shoot 90-100 so I'm far from good, but after a few rips I am lucky to even hit the ball. Golf is one of the only activities I do that isn't better "On Weed, Mannnn" I do love the peacefulness of being alone at like 7 am in the middle of a great course, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

vapomancer, Tweek and Mynameismud like this.
  22. francis

francis Vape enthusiasms

Yeah it happens to me too , but usually after 5-10 minutes it's all good.
    sometimes it messes up my whole hole.

vapomancer and Tweek like this.
  23. Mynameismud

Mynameismud But call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie.

Love the Jon Stewart/Half Baked reference!

I could go either way, sometimes it calms me down and my swing is so smooth its hard not to hit a good shot. Then, othertimes it calmes me too much where my arms feel like jello and everything goes to shit. I find one or 2 hits during the round provides the first effect. Overdoing it provides the second

24. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to try golf, but my damn shoulders pull easily...anyway to still try the game without dislocating my shoulder? :D

francis likes this.
  25. francis

francis Vape enthusiasms

thats what i wanted to say.

I wouln't try hahaha
    get you clubs and practice swing in your backyard.

Tweek likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors