• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Any Downsides to the Vapcap? Anything you would change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biohacker

Once again, you have no idea how much I appreciate all of your responses! I am happy with them enough to have made my decision, thanks to you guys! Feel free to keep the thread going, but i've gathered all I needed to hear (and within hours!). What a kick ass community thanks to you guys!

:rockon:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I bought the VC M a few weeks ago. I used it with the jet lighter. I did get some vapor clouds but did combust. I personally don't like having to fiddle with a lighter and mess with butane. Also I usually have music playing or the TV on and I can't always hear the click. I can see how it would appeal to folks gravitating away from smoking. I didn't mind the restricted draw because of the carb hole.

I bought mine mainly to use it with my Woodscents and it does a nice job as a stem, I really like it that way. I use the carb hole to increase airflow or decrease. It does need to be modified to fit the WS.

I will probably give it another try using the M with its cap and the lighter. There is so much enthusiasm for this little vaporizer I wanted to like it too. Just didn't care for using a lighter.

Last edited:

jimdee

I had inconsistent results with some good tasting hits and some really nasty ones. I combusted a couple of times trying to push thicker vapor production. In general, I find the vapor a bit harsh compared to my other options (VapeXhale EVO, Mighty) and frequently awoke with a slightly sore throat after a night of experimenting with the VC. Not so with the others. I think it might be the short vapor path and my love of big clouds. This think just hits a bit hot for my taste. And, it's hard (for me) to get consistent good tasting hits from it, and impossible to get great ones. The EVO has me spoiled in that regard.

I used my VapCap (the OG glass model) for a couple weeks when I first got it, but never understood all the praise it garners from fans. I haven't used it in months and will gift it to a friend sometime soon. The only positive feature for me was how quickly it worked. My Mighty needs about 2 minutes to warm up and the EVO needs about 5 or 10 minutes.

My 2 cents.

jackmormon

Keep in mind that I am definitely a VC "fanboy." The hardest engineering is taking something to the simplest level, successfully. That is what VC does, IMO.

I have been vaping since 2003 (one of the 1st Aromazaps) and have collected over 70 vaporizers over the years.

Nowadays I only use a Cloud EVO and my OmniVap. VAS ended for me about a year ago when I figured out the Omnivap.

However, there are some things I don't like:

Learning curve - This is going to be user dependent and even with all my years of vaping it took about 6 weeks before I started to "like" the Omnivap.

The Cap - It is flimsy. My pug crushed one thinking it was some sort of food.

Bowl Size - Could be too small for some users.

Not great for multi-person sessions: To get the full vape extraction you need to do a full load per person. This makes it kind of cumbersome in a group setting unless you have a few VCs to use.

Non published O-Ring sizes: The O rings are Viton and could be replaced much more cost effectively than VC charges but do not know the sizes. (Can't fault VC for selling replacements though.)

CCD: It is proprietary as far as I can tell - I don't think it is available elsewhere. I actually prefer the TI screens from PIU though.

The biggest con goes back to the learning curve...It is a "technique" based vape. You can't expect it to work like a flick the switch and set a dial electric vape. It is worth the time to learn though. The only flame powered vape I even like. Didn't think I was going to like it so much!

Lastly, The VC lends itself to a "sub combustion" vape where you can take get the ABV black without combusting. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. I usually go for dark chocolate brown.

So I answered honestly....If a thread had been started asking for the Pro's of the VC my post would have been 10 times longer ;)

hinglemccringleberry

Despite any gripes I have about my VC, the fact is that I need a non electronic vape and also a solid microdosing vape so the VC was right up my alley. I will proudly have in my rotation or as a backup, forever. The form factor is totally my style. The functionality/convenience/user friendliness are the best things about it.
Now that I have that out of the way, onto the gripes:
-Tight draw resistance when plugging the carb hole to get full extraction.
-The cap gets discolored from heat application.
-Having to use a lighter is not how I like to session. That's not a vapcap issue though, more of a butane vape issue.
-Taste degrades fairly quickly; again, that's not really the VC's fault, it's just the nature of small chambers.

That's really it. Do I think it's perfect, no, but no vape is. Do I think it's genius engineering, hell yes.
Do I think it's comical to see people spending a grand on a collection of 10 different vapcaps, absolutely. Then again, you've got to tip your hat to George for creating the buzz that gets people to do crazy shit like buy 10 Vapcaps just for themselves. He's a very smart guy from a business standpoint. I wish I could work for Dynavap.

I also think it's strange that people have learning curve issues with the VC, to me it's so incredibly user friendly that I would have to try really hard to screw something up. It doesn't even seem possible to combust with it unless you're deliberately trying to. Maybe that's b/c I have the Ti tip which cools faster? IDK. As long as you grind fine and pack somewhat tight and follow the very basic instructions, the VC is foolproof. Meanwhile no one seems to have problems operating the Sticky Brick but I can't learn how to use that thing to save my life.

I just feel like this vape (and other conduction vapes) aren't the healthiest due to the pyrolysis and potentially releasing nasty chemicals. I prefer a "clean" vapour that can FULLY extract, but leave a lighter ABV as I don't want the herb fully caramelized.
That's why I got the Ti model. Titanium is the safest bet around which is why titanium cookware is very expensive and considered flagship cookware.. I'm not sure what the cap is made of though, anyone know? And usually when I dump my load it is fully extracted but it's cardboard brown, not coffee brown. Of course I could take it to the brink of combustion and turn it midnight brown but I'm not into that ;)

Last edited:

exime

I've had my "M" for a week and I love it. I've always wanted a non-electric vaporizer and I didn't even know any decent products actually existed like the vapcap or stickybrick until recently. I always just figured people only used electric vaporizers.

The idea that life without batteries is much easier is definitely false though. Yea you have to recharge batteries but with the butane vaporizers you always have to have a jet torch on your person and that butane goes really fast which means you also always need a butane can on your person just like one might need a an extra battery pack. Also, silicon rings etc.. Then if it's windy outside you're going to have major issues with the vapcap.

So no, life is not infinitely better with a non-electric vaporizer. I would say they are a great combo, however. I use the Davinci IQ and the vapcap together and they are a great match. I love them both.

The Omni is the "Automatic" and the rest are "manual" carbs. It can be a little annoying to fumble around for the carb when it's dark so I ordered the Omni and I'm hoping have an adjustable automatic carb will make this easier to use. The other part of this is friends & family. If you have an Omni you don't have to teach anyone technique. With the automatic carb you can just light it up and let them suck it. Wit the "M" you have to teach technique.

The main fault of the "M" for me is the draw resistance. With the carb open you don't get a hit and with the carb closed it's extremely restrictive. So you either have to feather, partially close the carb, or use mouth pulls. I'm hoping the Omni will take the "thinking" out of the exercise. Not that I hate manuals. I drive a manual car, but when you're on a hill incline at a red light and someone is on your ass, sometimes you just wish you had an automatic ;)

Overall definitely worth the money and I hope the non-electric vaporizer industry has a boom as America slowly turns green.

Last edited:

biohacker

I drive a manual car, but when you're on a hill incline at a red light and someone is on your ass, sometimes you just wish you had an automatic ;)

The new manuals have "hill assist", and I hate it on my 17 Subaru WRX! :doh: I'm hoping there is an easy way to disable it. I rather have a REAL manual! lol

HATE automatics! lol Unless it's in a nice truck!

exime

The new manuals have "hill assist", and I hate it on my 17 Subaru WRX! :doh: I'm hoping there is an easy way to disable it. I rather have a REAL manual! lol

Wow hill assist? That sounds amazing. Not on my 2009 Suzuki though. :rofl:

I also thought the same thing. I'd like to turn the Omni into a manual when I want to but if it's automatic only at least I'll still have my "M" when I want to drift :rockon: . Someone can answer that for us?

biohacker

Wow hill assist? That sounds amazing.

Maybe for my girlfriend! lol Basically what it does it "automatically" apply the brakes for 2 seconds when it detects a steep enough incline, so you have "time" to get from the brake to the gas. Stupid though, because sometimes even on the most gradual incline it kicks in when you don't want it to. Just got the ride so I think maybe I can disable if I actually read the manual... haha get it? ;)

Back to your regular programming on the VC! Don't wanna derail my own thread :rofl:

biohacker,
Reactions: Derrrpp

exime

Maybe for my girlfriend! lol Basically what it does it "automatically" apply the brakes for 2 seconds when it detects a steep enough incline, so you have "time" to get from the brake to the gas. Stupid though, because sometimes even on the most gradual incline it kicks in when you don't want it to. Just got the ride so I think maybe I can disable if I actually read the manual... haha get it? ;)

Back to your regular programming on the VC! Don't wanna derail my own thread :rofl:

Yea that would be annoying. I've only been driving a manual for a year though so I'm definitely not as good as you yet. I still have some tricks to learn.

snackmaster

The rate of updates is quite high with this vape, George is constantly refining the design. This is both great and also the greatest cause of VAS as one constantly wants the latest components. The plus side here is that the device is modular so you can often upgrade which ever component you like.

The constant improvements are great, but can also be frustrating. You end up wanting to replace things that don't need replacing.

The Cap - It is flimsy. My pug crushed one thinking it was some sort of food.

:lol:

That's really it. Do I think it's perfect, no, but no vape is. Do I think it's genius engineering, hell yes. Do I think it's comical to see people spending a grand on a collection of 10 different vapcaps, absolutely. Then again, you've got to tip your hat to George for creating the buzz that gets people to do crazy shit like buy 10 Vapcaps just for themselves. He's a very smart guy from a business standpoint.

Absolutely. It's been very cool to watch dynavap evolve and really tap into the "vapor enthusiast" market. Super impressive how much is done in-house now too.

The Omni is the "Automatic" and the rest are "manual" carbs. It can be a little annoying to fumble around for the carb when it's dark so I ordered the Omni and I'm hoping have an adjustable automatic carb will make this easier to use. The other part of this is friends & family. If you have an Omni you don't have to teach anyone technique. With the automatic carb you can just light it up and let them suck it. Wit the "M" you have to teach technique.

The main fault of the "M" for me is the draw resistance. With the carb open you don't get a hit and with the carb closed it's extremely restrictive. So you either have to feather, partially close the carb, or use mouth pulls. I'm hoping the Omni will take the "thinking" out of the exercise. Not that I hate manuals. I drive a manual car, but when you're on a hill incline at a red light and someone is on your ass, sometimes you just wish you had an automatic ;)

Interesting! The way you describe the M is pretty much exactly how I'd describe my old 14mm vong. I actually like the M a lot better because I don't think it's like that at all - I can keep my finger off the carb completely and get consistently good vapor every time. Just got an omni an adjusted it to match the restriction of the M and it's working great for me.

VAPEHUNTER

Yeah draw restriction can be pretty tight. I'm hoping to replace my Gen 1Ti tip with the newest Generation tip. Hopefully that will take care of some of the draw restriction.

:brow:You have to do the sequence within the required time frame as stated in the manual. It may take several attemps to get it right.

Click this bar to view the small image.

CalyxSmokr

Even through a water tool? Which is the only way i'd even consider using it. I'm a wimp when it comes to dry, but can (could) kick anyone's ass with a water tool! lol My youtube channel is biohack9
probably not. It is similar to my Air to me through water. It works but the draw restriction makes me not like it for some reason. Both the Air and Vapcap I prefer dry. I am fixing to give it another try though when I get my new M though

PsySijk

Yeah I find that the Vapcap is too dry if I absolutely milk the carb without a waterpiece, so I end up getting feathering the carb and getting whispier hits. Love it through a bong though hits like a bong and I find it great between rounds in Street fighter or stages in DiRt Rally

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
I'll have to check the difference when my M comes, but my glass OG doesn't function like your video. Like... totally different ballpark. :(

If I leave the carb open, flutter it, carb just at the beginning, etc... no matter how I fiddle with it, I just don't get any visible vapor unless I keep it closed and suck till I think my eyes will pop out. Then I get about what I saw in your video, and the rip is decently tasty.

Maybe it just depends on the VC you get? Because if my first unit worked like that, my opinion would be way different at the moment.

I love butane vapes the most though, and really want to love the VC, so hopefully I just "get," it this time round with the M.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'll have to check the difference when my M comes, but my glass OG doesn't function like your video. Like... totally different ballpark. :(

If I leave the carb open, flutter it, carb just at the beginning, etc... no matter how I fiddle with it, I just don't get any visible vapor unless I keep it closed and suck till I think my eyes will pop out. Then I get about what I saw in your video, and the rip is decently tasty.

Maybe it just depends on the VC you get? Because if my first unit worked like that, my opinion would be way different at the moment.

I love butane vapes the most though, and really want to love the VC, so hopefully I just "get," it this time round with the M.

Are you using a single or a triple torch?

invertedisdead,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom