any Chris Harris on Cars fans in here?

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Shocked by the recent news that /DRIVE network on YouTube will be moving behind a paywall! Nonetheless it's been entertaining to hear the flood of responses all across the internet lashing out at this and more saddenly, to see one man's carren go down in flames in a single weekend. Ouch!

In my opinion Chris Harris is far and away the best auto journalist out there today - period. Forget Top Gear or anything else for that matter. Harris' style and presentation, not to mention his driving skills, have clearly had a major impact on the way how many other car reviewer's produce their videos.

One thing worth mentioning though is that I'v noticed how he has become way more egotistical over a rather short period of time. He's almost speaking with this air or nobility now compared to the humbleness and slight humility he spoke with just few months ago.

In any case... Goodbye Chris. I like 99% of the YouTube viewing public WILL NOT, nor EVER pay to watch content on there. And going from free to a $40 year subscription is sounds just plain absurd.

Caligula

Maximus
LOL sidetrack, but while I'd rather it not happen, I don't see why YT (or those who produce for it) shouldn't/can't charge for access to premium content. Seems sort of entitled of us to assume a private company should continue to allow people to use its wares for free simply because that's how it started.

That said, I probably should go check this guy out while it's still free. I'm not paying to hear what someone thinks about a car I'll likely never drive let alone own.

Caligula,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom