Another "tell me what vape to buy" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about this, but I've been doing so much reading I feel overwhelmed.

I'm looking for a portable vape with the following features:

- Can vape oil or wax (I live in CA and dispensaries are abundant)
- Can load it and vape for awhile without reloading (at least a week of light use)
- Preferably not too expensive since I'll only be using it occasionally (I have a regular vape at home)
- Discreet (I'd like to be able to use it inside music venues)

I was looking at the O-PHOS but I'm concerned about its durability since you can't replace the battery. I also was unsure if you had to change the cartridges each time you reload.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

apocalypse-cow,

Pcpvapors

The thermovape revolution was a very nice portable unit for concentrates, it was discontinued however there's one up for sale in the classifieds for 125$.

Pcpvapors,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Get the Ascent if you don't mind paying 250USD, it can do both.

If 250USD is too much, then get an oil vape AND a flower vape. That is the only way you can go under 150USD.

vorrange,
Get the Ascent if you don't mind paying 250USD, it can do both.

If 250USD is too much, then get an oil vape AND a flower vape. That is the only way you can go under 150USD.

Yeah, I really would like to stay below $150. It doesn't need to do flowers, just oils or wax.

apocalypse-cow,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yeah, then i suggest the vaporbrothers dabber, the 7th floor pen vape or the omicron. But, honestly, i don't have first hand experience with any oil vape.

Complement it with a vaporgenie for flowers and you're set.

vorrange,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Sorry about this, but I've been doing so much reading I feel overwhelmed.

I'm looking for a portable vape with the following features:

- Can vape oil or wax (I live in CA and dispensaries are abundant)
- Can load it and vape for awhile without reloading (at least a week of light use)
- Preferably not too expensive since I'll only be using it occasionally (I have a regular vape at home)
- Discreet (I'd like to be able to use it inside music venues)

I was looking at the O-PHOS but I'm concerned about its durability since you can't replace the battery. I also was unsure if you had to change the cartridges each time you reload.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
PERSEI no question!

You will out grow the cheaper units.
Plus you can Mac Giver battery configurations.

I like FLOWERS however LOVE concentrates.

The HERCULES Attachment for anything concentrate you throw at it.

The SOLO for FLOWERS.

Simple!

ataxian,

Meghan

I have an O-PHOS and I love it. Right now it's my main out-of-the-house vape. Honestly, it fits your needs perfectly. At $70, you can't beat the price, and the unit feels very sold and high quality. I haven't had any problems at all with mine. I find myself needing to load a cart maybe once a week, if that (usually more since I use other vapes at home). Battery life is awesome--just had it go dead on me for the first time yesterday, and that was totally my fault because I rarely charge it. You'll definitely need to buy new cartridges from time to time, but I've found I can usually fill a cart 2-3 times before it's useless. And they come in packs of 5, so you won't be buying a new cart every week or anything.

I've heard awesome things about the Persei, but honestly, it sounds like overkill for your needs. And it wouldn't be nearly the stealthy option the O-PHOS is. I love that I can easily take my O-PHOS out of my pocket, hit it, and slip it back inside. It's perfect for a concert. And it looks like an e-cig, so it's pretty discreet (the Persei, as awesome as it is, isn't nearly as discreet).

I say get the O-PHOS. I have no complaints about mine at all.

Meghan,
Reactions: JCat

poonman

Yeah, I really would like to stay below $150. It doesn't need to do flowers, just oils or wax.

The Persei is my next pen vape .
Unfortunately , it starts at $ 200 + Batts , carts , and access. ( more $$$ )

The Ascent is Not out yet , and it could be another month or 2 or 3 ...
Early reviews for ' oils ' have not been stellar to say the least .

The Thermovape was discontinued , so you may have a hard time getting replacement/parts .
Plus , you have to ask yourself , why , was it discontinued .

I recommend the Omicron Light for your price range .
I got it for $ 99 plus a 5 pk combo carts for $ 50 . ( You will need more carts )
It has an internal battery with usb pass thru charging . ( no batts to buy )

The Persei is the upgrade version of the Omicrons .
Hope that helps .

poonman,
Thanks for all the replies!

What sets apart the Omicron Light from the O-PHOS? I looked at both of them a bunch and they seem to be identical.

apocalypse-cow,

Lokbok

Magic Flight now has a concentrate tray that can be used for oils and such. I've never used it myself but I'm one in the minority where MFLB was my first vape, got a Solo.. and now I'm back to MFLB. I love the on-demand heat-up and for whatever reason I get far more effects from MFLB vs any other vaporizer I've tried. Maybe I just got the draw technique down.

Lokbok,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Have you tried a VG coil or a gnome gong?
Magic Flight now has a concentrate tray that can be used for oils and such. I've never used it myself but I'm one in the minority where MFLB was my first vape, got a Solo.. and now I'm back to MFLB. I love the on-demand heat-up and for whatever reason I get far more effects from MFLB vs any other vaporizer I've tried. Maybe I just got the draw technique down.

SSVUN~YAH,

poonman

Thanks for all the replies!

What sets apart the Omicron Light from the O-PHOS? I looked at both of them a bunch and they seem to be identical.

I think ;
They are both the same , spec wise , but the O-phos were discontinued as I was told .
And that is why I went with the Omicron Light .

poonman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom