Another study that is total bullshit

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
First off I'd like to use a really good post from Marvel to prove what we are up against in the war against prohibition.

marvel said:
- As you all know, most mj users don't fit the stoner profile. This is not to brag, but I'm a successful professional and I take care of every financial detail in my family's life. My wife has never had to work a day in her life and I do my best to take care of her emotional needs. So, you know, I'll be damned if I'm going to be told that I'm any kind of worthless simply because I choose to indulge in this substance. .
I too am a working professional with 20 years in the Computer Industry (IT) having worked for IT heavy weights IBM and EDS. I'm also a regular MJ user and have been since I started my working career. I don't consider MJ to have harmed my career at all ... and then you pick up the morning paper and they say this in the local paper:

Dope Tales toll on Mental Health

Cannabis smokers are more likely to suffer depression, anxiety and psychosis that stimulant drug users, according to Australian statistics , suggesting its toll on mental health has been underestimated.

A National study shows that dope smokers display higher rates of several psychological symptoms when visiting there doctors than stimulant users.

VC says the story spits out some crappy stats etc and goes on to say how a lot of people don't mention to their doctor they use MJ. I bet thats people like Marval and myself, and many on here too. Its goes on to say

It was unexpected given what we hear about amphetamine related psychotic symptoms but it goes to show what a terrible impact cannibas is having on users. The delusions, hallucinations and paranoia can be very distressing and people are feeling it

VC says yeah these are the light weights who try MJ for the first time, get so wasted they spin out and start spreading the bad word. What about when I got to drunk as a 15 yo and spewed all through my parents living room? meh!

The randomly collected data from 1000 practitioners also revealed that mentioning cannabis use to a doctor was rare, but users were more likely to be male, young, unemployed or on low income and indigenous.

VC says Fuck I'm getting angry over this bullshit again. In Australia (remember I'm a New Zealander not an Aussie) they have a major problem with there indigenous people and alcohol. The Aboriginals can't handle liquor and it has fractured a race of people. I doubt that many of them smoke (or vape) MJ. Its the same in NZ although alot of Maoris do use MJ but its alcohol that has caused them major problems and the blackmarket has actually helped many as its provided them with an income.

Seems to me the study was funded by either Pharmaceutical companies or alcohol producers. I just hate seeing this shit because its nothing new. grrrrrr

I know I could have added this to the legalise thread but thought it deserved its own spot.

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yep, more of the same bs. But we all know for every bogus study there's a million people who'll tell you how cannabis has helped them, often where dangerous prescriptions did the opposite.

Statistically, responsible cannabis use is probably among the safest activities out there. :lol:

You should write the editor. Bit of a choir here :p:D

vtac,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
If you really want a place to vent and voice yourself, you can always come over to Marijuana.com, especially in the Drug News Headline. It's always nice getting some serious posts and opinions. :)

If you do end up writing to the editor, I'd love to read the response you get back... ;)

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
Cannabis smokers are more likely to suffer depression, anxiety and psychosis that stimulant drug users, according to Australian statistics , suggesting its toll on mental health has been underestimated.
That cause and effect can work just as well the other way. Better IMO. How about 'people suffering from depression, anxiety, and psychosis are more likely to turn to cannabis for relief'?

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
max said:
That cause and effect can work just as well the other way. Better IMO. How about 'people suffering from depression, anxiety, and psychosis are more likely to turn to cannabis for relief'?
thats me! :lol:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

ozwiz

owner Vaporiser World NOW live Australia
vaporcloud said:
First off I'd like to use a really good post from Marvel to prove what we are up against in the war against prohibition.

marvel said:
- As you all know, most mj users don't fit the stoner profile. This is not to brag, but I'm a successful professional and I take care of every financial detail in my family's life. My wife has never had to work a day in her life and I do my best to take care of her emotional needs. So, you know, I'll be damned if I'm going to be told that I'm any kind of worthless simply because I choose to indulge in this substance. .
I too am a working professional with 20 years in the Computer Industry (IT) having worked for IT heavy weights IBM and EDS. I'm also a regular MJ user and have been since I started my working career. I don't consider MJ to have harmed my career at all ... and then you pick up the morning paper and they say this in the local paper:

Dope Tales toll on Mental Health

A National study shows that dope smokers display higher rates of several psychological symptoms when visiting there doctors than stimulant users.

VC says the story spits out some crappy stats etc and goes on to say how a lot of people don't mention to their doctor they use MJ. I bet thats people like Marval and myself, and many on here too. Its goes on to say

It was unexpected given what we hear about amphetamine related psychotic symptoms but it goes to show what a terrible impact cannibas is having on users. The delusions, hallucinations and paranoia can be very distressing and people are feeling it

VC says yeah these are the light weights who try MJ for the first time, get so wasted they spin out and start spreading the bad word. What about when I got to drunk as a 15 yo and spewed all through my parents living room? meh!

The randomly collected data from 1000 practitioners also revealed that mentioning cannabis use to a doctor was rare, but users were more likely to be male, young, unemployed or on low income and indigenous.

VC says Fuck I'm getting angry over this bullshit again. In Australia (remember I'm a New Zealander not an Aussie) they have a major problem with there indigenous people and alcohol. The Aboriginals can't handle liquor and it has fractured a race of people. I doubt that many of them smoke (or vape) MJ. Its the same in NZ although alot of Maoris do use MJ but its alcohol that has caused them major problems and the blackmarket has actually helped many as its provided them with an income.

ozwiz says

Quite a few indigenous aussies partake of the MJ it doesn't fuck them up like alcohol does . I worked in cotton gins in the late 70's far nth west NSW AU . & plenty indies smoked without any drama absolute opposite with the drink .

Seems to me the study was funded by either Pharmaceutical companies or alcohol producers. I just hate seeing this shit because its nothing new. grrrrrr

I know I could have added this to the legalise thread but thought it deserved its own spot.

ozwiz,
Top Bottom