Another convert

nerdysai

So I was smoking about a pack of cigarettes and multiple bowls a day about a month ago. I went in for a physical and my blood pressure was at 153/80 during that time. Since then I've cut back to maybe(If even) one cigarette a day and 6mg nicotine juice and a couple drops of 12mg juice when I'm really jonsing for a cig. I've also started vaping ice bubble H and co2 oil instead of smoking. I've noticed with concentrate I actually have to vape A LOT less. This past Saturday I went for a in for a check up and my blood pressure was down by a bit! 123/80 so I am really stoked! :D Happy vaping :rockon:

In other health news, coughing from allergies is definitely a thing(I'm literally allergic to everything). With vaping, I never have to worry about a cough. With smoking, I always had to worry about a cough because of an irritant frequently in my lungs and them being chronically inflamed. Inflamed lungs + coughing would just be an endless battle of chest infections and medications. I was just surrendering myself to colds and all kinds of other fun stuff long term. :rip: Now though, the vaping world is mine.

lwien

So I was smoking about a pack of cigarettes and multiple bowls a day about a month ago. I went in for a physical and my blood pressure was at 153/80 during that time. Since then I've cut back to maybe(If even) one cigarette a day and 6mg nicotine juice and a couple drops of 12mg juice when I'm really jonsing for a cig. I've also started vaping ice bubble H and co2 oil instead of smoking. I've noticed with concentrate I actually have to vape A LOT less. This past Saturday I went for a in for a check up and my blood pressure was down by a bit! 123/80 so I am really stoked! :D

I encourage your efforts to cut back and hopefully quit tobacco consumption completely but please understand that 2 blood pressure readings really don't indicate anything. You could get two different readings like that within a matter of hours.

If you want to get a handle on your blood pressure, you really need to see an average over a period time with a multitude of readings and then take an average...........say an average of 25 readings over the period of a month (easily done with an inflatable home unit). You can then see a trend, either up or down.

lwien

Buying a reader tomorrow! Thank you for the heads up! :tup:

I know nothing about blood pressure readings, so this is definitely good information.

Great. Here's a few other hints:

Don't take a reading with your legs crossed. Both feet should be flat on the floor.
Only take a reading after you've been sitting down for awhile and not on either a full stomach or bladder.
For the first week or so, take a reading 3 to 4 times a day and average them out per day to get a baseline.

For me, it's kinda fun and kinda of a game to watch my numbers drop, be it blood pressure, cholesterol, weight or running times. There's just a certain sense of accomplishment and empowerment when those things happen

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Great. Here's a few other hints:
There's just a certain sense of accomplishment and empowerment when those things happen
I am also proud of you when this happens.
No1.gif

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Haven't puffed a smoke in a good while. Life is good!
I took up smoking again over the last 2 weeks.. Got myself up to 10-15 cigarettes a day after being smoke-free for 2 years! What a wonderful habbit to revisit!
I've cut it down to 1 cigarette ever 2 days and I actually think it's a positive thing. I do enjoy at least once in a blue moon to have a few drags of a nicely rolled, high quality tobacco cigarette. Definately have an addictive personality but finding a balance with those most addictive things is the key to self-control and self respect.

Congratulations on being smoke free, how great you must feel :)

Radio,

lwien

I took up smoking again over the last 2 weeks.. Got myself up to 10-15 cigarettes a day after being smoke-free for 2 years! What a wonderful habbit to revisit!
I've cut it down to 1 cigarette ever 2 days and I actually think it's a positive thing. I do enjoy at least once in a blue moon to have a few drags of a nicely rolled, high quality tobacco cigarette. Definately have an addictive personality but finding a balance with those most addictive things is the key to self-control and self respect.

Congratulations on being smoke free, how great you must feel :)

Man, there's no way in hell that I could do that. I used to smoke 3 packs a day. I quit over 40 years ago but I know, without a shadow of a doubt, if I had just one cigarette today, I would be back up to 3 packs a day within a few weeks.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Man, there's no way in hell that I could do that. I used to smoke 3 packs a day. I quit over 40 years ago but I know, without a shadow of a doubt, if I had just one cigarette today, I would be back up to 3 packs a day within a few weeks.
Yes and that's exactly what happened with me.. It just pulls you right back in.
Now that i've tried to battle cigarettes again and lost miserably, I now know that they are truly the bane of human's existance..
The pack I have now will last me half a year and it's strictly for extreme moments of drunkness (if they ever occur) and after sex.

Radio,

nerdysai

You just have to remove them from your life. I have a terribly addictive nature. The minute I have a pack in my possession, I they will be gone immediately. I have a strong will though, if I don't buy another pack, I'm good. If I have open access, I will smoke, if I don't, I wont. Maybe try just not smoking and going to an ecig. That's what I'm doing. Full mechanical ecig now, and dose up juice to 12 when I'm really fiending, which isn't really often.

nerdysai,
Reactions: Radio

Radio

stay true to yourselves
You just have to remove them from your life. I have a terribly addictive nature. The minute I have a pack in my possession, I they will be gone immediately. I have a strong will though, if I don't buy another pack, I'm good. If I have open access, I will smoke, if I don't, I wont. Maybe try just not smoking and going to an ecig. That's what I'm doing. Full mechanical ecig now, and dose up juice to 12 when I'm really fiending, which isn't really often.
I will see how this last pack goes.. Half-way through it, not doing too bad.. Only 1 or 2 smokes a day. It's tricky because its so fun :(

Radio,

Dawntreader

Kayakist

So far, this is working brilliantly for me :)

Dawntreader,
Reactions: nerdysai
Top Bottom