Animal Rescue Dog Walk

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
I work for an animal rescue group here in NYC. I've been a licensed Veterinary Nurse since 1983 but was forced to leave that profession in 2003. I developed a severe skin allergy to cats that cannot be cured. I can live with my 2 cats but can never work in a Hospital/O.R. again. It kills me cause i was a great Vet Nurse, so i channel my love of animals by helping a local rescue group here in NYC.

NYC has one of the worst shelter systems i have ever seen. ALL the animals that walk through those doors get sick with URI's Or Kennel cough. It's a kill shelter that is so overcrowded and most of the animals are just put to sleep. The only hope is the many rescue groups that pull dogs and cats out of there and foster them until homes can be found. They all need vet care and spaying and neutering, then food etc until a forever home can be found. It takes $.
We are an all volunteer group and a 501C tax deductible charity. no one gets a salary- all money raised goes directly to the Vet care and feeding of these dogs and cats.

I'm doing a dog walk on Saturday called Strut Your Mutt. If you can spare any amount and would like to sponsor me that would be great, If you can't i understand :tup:.
As per the rules I've gotten staff permission to post this.
Here's a link to my page. $5 will pay for spaying or neutering a cat and $10 will pay for a dog. Even a $1 helps it ALL adds up.

Thank You for even reading this :D
VV
http://www.strutyourmutt.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=13524

Last edited by a moderator:

Seren

Away with the fairies
So sorry to hear about your allergy VV - that really sucks! But huge respect to you for continuing your work with animals. The shelter situation sounds absolutely horrific there in NYC. Good luck with raising the much needed funds, and have a good time Saturday. :tup: :)

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
I just wanna thank Seren and Mom again. It was a great day/walk. Here's all of my dog pack after the walk-Team Rescuzilla.
xdhxn6.jpg

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I hope it was a successful walk for you Vapors. Wait; you mean to tell me no one else bellied up to the bar from here?

Cheap bastards....:goon:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well if that's the case, I may just have to up the donation I made.. Not a whole lot is going to happen with two donations!!!

Come on you guys...... you profess to love animals...
Put your money where your mouth is!!! :goon:

Top Bottom