• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anecdotal Confirmation of Health Benefits

ShiningRam

Full story below, tl;dr here:

I had my exhaled nitric oxide (eNO) measured on three occasions. eNO is a biomarker for lung inflammation.

The scale for eNO is as follows:

0-25 (ideal)
26-49 (high, but not terrible)
50+ (really, really bad. extreme inflammation)

I was initially very high on the chart, at 76 (due to allergies). Following 2-3 weeks of treatment and *no vaping*, my eNO fell to 26. After my final week of treatment *with heavy vaping*, my eNO fell further, to 21.

Hi all, I'm a new member/poster here at FC but I'm already enjoying the people and community around here, great bunch.

I wanted to share an anecdotal, albeit objective measure, that, at least to me, indicates that vaping is indeed (or is likely) as safe as we have been told. At the very least, it doesn't have the damaging effect(s) of combustion.

I've recently been receiving treatment for allergies. I'm finally on to the immunotherapy (allergy shots) after several weeks of diagnostics. As it turns out, I had severe lung inflammation as a result of allergies. The goal of the doctor (who is incredibly qualified -- he's the most intelligent guy I've ever met) was to reduce my lung inflammation prior to administering immunotherapy, in order to stabilize my system and reduce the risk of an allergic reaction/anaphylaxis.

One of the measures they use at his office is a biomarker of inflammation in the lungs, called eNO (exhaled nitric oxide). This is, as I just said, is a biomarker of inflammation in the lungs. It's an objective measure as far as I know.

The scale for eNO is as follows:

0-25 (ideal)
26-49 (high, but not terrible)
50+ (really, really bad. extreme inflammation)

I was a '72' at my first appointment. As the doctor described, I was literally off-the-chart. After prednisone, inhalers, etc, I finally knocked that number down to 26, a huge improvement. It's worth noting that during this 2-3 week period, *I was not vaping or smoking whatsoever*.

During the final week'ish of my treatment, I began to using my MFLB fairly regularly. I came in for my final follow-up prior to immunotherapy a bit concerned, knowing that I had been vaping and that this could impact the inflammation in my lungs. I was concerned, albeit curious, too. As it turns out, my eNO was a '21'! Wow! My eNO actually came *down* from the previous visit, after several days of heavy vaping.

Is this entirely scientific? Of course not. It's correlational, at best, and there's absolutely nothing causal that can be determined. However it's more anecdotal evidence that makes me proud to say, "fuck combustion". :lol:

chris 71

hi there , so after reading your story im curious are you new to vaping ? were you vaping and or smoking before you first had the eNO test ? does the doc know about the vaping ? if so what were his thoughts on it . prednisone is a pretty heavy duty drug isint it ?
im thinking that even if it was actually the cannabis that was causing your inflammation or what ever is causing it , and you got on the prednizone and continued to smoke or vape or be exposed to what ever allergen it may have been, that your eNO would come down anyway . just like if you get heart burn or acid reflux and take PPI s or some other antiacids you could still eat the same foods that were causing the problem but your acid levels would come down anyway .

chris 71,

ShiningRam

hi there , so after reading your story im curious are you new to vaping ? were you vaping and or smoking before you first had the eNO test ? does the doc know about the vaping ? if so what were his thoughts on it . prednisone is a pretty heavy duty drug isint it ?
im thinking that even if it was actually the cannabis that was causing your inflammation or what ever is causing it , and you got on the prednizone and continued to smoke or vape or be exposed to what ever allergen it may have been, that your eNO would come down anyway . just like if you get heart burn or acid reflux and take PPI s or some other antiacids you could still eat the same foods that were causing the problem but your acid levels would come down anyway .

Not particularly new, per se. Vaped rather heavily from mid 2013-late 2014. Took a break for a year-and-a-half.

I was vaping prior to my first eNO test on-and-off. Haven't mentioned it to the doctor.

He believes the inflammation is from a significant allergic response to my environment. They did allergy tests on my back and I had clinically significant responses to ~18 allergens, many of which are environmental and prevalent where I live. I've been under a constant inflammatory assault, and while the vaping certainly exposes me to some allergens, it's certainly more than just the vaping that caused this inflammation. Thus, the need for the prednisone.

ShiningRam,
Top Bottom