And this is the reason I like my dispensary so much.

lwien

Of the hundred of collectives in Los Angeles, there are only a few, if any, that currently do this.

A post from their site:

Today we began our pesticide testing program. We're using two labs, and testing redundantly, but with different techniques... ELISA, an enzyme immunoassay technique plus conventional gas chromatography with FPD. ELISA allows us to pinpoint specific chemicals, and the GC/FPD looks for classes of banned chemicals with incredible speed.

What's this testing mean for our members? Actually not very much. We know CRC's meds are clean, but for the city of LA... testing means compliance with the new ordinance before the ordinance even takes effect.

What's this mean in a broader sense? A lot. It's the first step in a significant transformation of the process by which we provide medicine to our membership.

morpheus says..I serve on the board of directors of Cornerstone Research Collective, a non-profit mutual benefit California corporation.

CRC is a legally organized association of medical cannabis patients. We actively discourage the diversion of medical cannabis. Know your meds; know your rights, from plant to patient.

Affiliate: Steep Hill Medical Collective Laboratory
Affiliate: International Cannabinoid Research Society
Member - Medical Cannabis Association
Member - International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines
Supporter: ASA, PAN, GLACA & MPP, Patients Out of Time

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
That is wonderful. It's nice to know that they are pro-active. Here in Michigan, we have so far to go. We don't have dispensaries and the caregivers are being hassled because they are in neighborhoods. People who are legal are being busted; their herb taken away; it's ridiculous. I still haven't applied for legal herb because things have a ways to go still. I'm still a little paranoid.

momofthegoons,

lwien

momofthegoons said:
That is wonderful. It's nice to know that they are pro-active. Here in Michigan, we have so far to go. We don't have dispensaries and the caregivers are being hassled because they are in neighborhoods. People who are legal are being busted; their herb taken away; it's ridiculous. I still haven't applied for legal herb because things have a ways to go still. I'm still a little paranoid.
The vail of ignorance and illegality is slowly being lifted. We're on the cutting edge out here in Cali, but there's still some resistance. But as what was once so famously said, "Resistence is futile.
----The Borg

lwien,

mnmlh

..and that is the reason I would move to California. This kind of stuff makes my head spin. So many regions of our vast nation couldn't be farther from the general mentality that is prevalent out there. I'm not nearly as old as many of the members on here, but it seems to me that the divide between progressive and antiquated (regressive?) culture has grown deeper and wider in recent times. I can't imagine legalization in certain states - ever. Some places are not just behind, but are moving so much slower than other areas, and that is the premise for this observation.

Besides being jealous about how things have developed out there, I gotta say, every move that is made over legalization in certain states feels like a move away from the rest of the country. Once taboo things start getting overturned in some areas and not others, that is a real hallmark of the separation. Gambling is hardly the same thing. What next? Every free thinking liberal moves to California over the next 10 years? Y'all should succeed like Texas wants to. Honestly, out of all the wild theories/prophecies out there, the one that entails a type of civil war in America seems the most plausible.

mnmlh,

icanreadgood

that collective sounds fantastic lwien! i go to a place in my area (costa mesa) and i google'd crc, and it is extremely far from me, but maybe ill check it out the next time i visit my family in redondo, thanks for the heads up!

its so nice to live in cali :)

icanreadgood,

sour

I wish the shops I frequent did testing for pesticides. Every once in a while i'll drive the 35 mins it takes to go to LA shops. Now that a couple of my shops near me have 50 dollar caps I find myself saving a lot of gas :) If I can find one around me that tests i'll be completely satisfied!

sour,

lwien

Yup. You know what's kinda interesting. We go on here about what vapes are the healthiest to use, concerns about brass and aluminum used in the heating elements, blocks and exchangers, concerns about food grade tubing, concerns about RohS compliance, etc etc etc, but do we really know what kind of toxic shit may be in our weed unless we grow it ourselves?

I look at this kind of testing as mandatory, much like I look at restaurants being inspected by the health department as mandatory, which is one of the positive byproducts of this new ordinance once it takes affect, but when it does, we'll have a lot less dispensaries around town to visit. LOTS of them are going to be shut down, but CRC will not be one them, thank God.

lwien,

Beezleb

In all fairness, when dealing with hydroponically grown herb it would be uncommon for it to have pesticides on it.

According to some things I read somewhere in California the price of herb is very low from a growers perspective and collectives and the like can be very picky in their selections from "vendors."

The only way to grow the best stuff is to genuinely grow the best stuff and if they used pesticides or even did not flush the plants properly it would be very apparent as soon as they light it up to test it. I would be surprised if this was a serious problem for herb at Dispensary's, at least reputable ones anyways.

Im glad that their is such a place. Hopefully more places and organizations can follow suite.

Beezleb,

lwien

Beezleb said:
I would be surprised if this was a serious problem for herb at Dispensary's, at least reputable ones anyways.
The problem Beez, is that there's a whole bunch of dispensaries that are not very reputable and a few that are. The ones that are, are in the minority, but again, once this ordinance goes into affect, that's going to change.

lwien,

Flyer

It would be intersting to see if vape relased the same toxins that combustion does.

Flyer,

lwien

Flyer said:
It would be intersting to see if vape relased the same toxins that combustion does.
From the added chemicals and such? Good question. For some odd reason without knowing why, I would think it does. Just a hunch.

lwien,

lwien

So anytime this dispensary adds new strains to their menu, they announce it on their site in a way that just makes your mouth water. The owner, Mike, has a great way with words. Just thought I'd share:

"Bahia" - Brazilian landrace sativa x Trainwreck - organic soil - Incredibly floral aroma of tropical orchids. Big expansion and coconut/spruce exhale. Delightfully stimulating psychedelic effects with shockingly quick onset.

"Dr. Benway" - This Urkel-derived purple indica has a thick grape funk. Hits like a hammer with a profoundly narcotic effect and sedative float. Excellent analgesia.

"Green Saint" - AK-47 x OG Kush - organic outdoor - Is it too early to pick the finest outdoor we'll see this year? Probably, but it will be tough to top this incredible cross. Lemony, camphor aroma. Incredible trichome frost, unlike any outdoor grown cannabis I've ever seen. Fierce medicinal potency. Not recommended for patients subject to anxiety. Best effects at very small dosages.

"Jack Herer" - cannabis indica ssp. indica - indoor organic hydro - our most popular sativa returns. Three weeks ago, High Times visited this patient to photograph this batch of Jack. It's centerfold quality. Superb aroma of lemon. Excellent frost, spiky and resinous cure. Clean taste and soaring cerebral effect with spectacular clarity and analgesia. Special donation 51/e.

"Mr. Nice" cannabis indica ssp. afghanica - indoor organic soil - Hash Plant x G-13 from Sensi, this strain was named after Howard Marks. Ridiculous trichome coverage. Unstressed for color, which preserves potency. Smooth, sweet taste. Great choice for daytime indica.

lwien,

lwien

momofthegoons said:
You're killing me. I'll take one of each! :lol:
I know, huh. And he stocks another 20 strains on top of those. I really try to walk in with blinders on so I can stay focused and just get the one strain I came in for.

Yeah, right.

Typically goes like this: Hi Mike. Do ya have any of that Skywalker left? Mike smiles, pulls down the glass jar full of goodness, places it next to a floursecent lamp and forensic scope, takes out a pair of chopsticks, picks up a bud, places it under the scope and motions for me to come over to take a look-see. Wow. The trichs just sparkle and look like rain drops frozen in time on the bud. Great Mike, I'll take an eighth. I give him my 58 bucks, and then Mike says, hey, you can't leave without trying some of this new batch of UltraSilk and K4.5. We just got it in a few days ago and have gotten some great reports back. So he packs up a gram of each and just hands them to me free of charge. I look up, he winks and says, just a sample, but make sure that you don't have anything important to do before trying out that 4.5. Very potent. Enjoy.

Currently their membership is closed and not taking in any new members but they do make exceptions every once in awhile. I feel about this place like I do about my PD, that is, feeling really fortunate to be a member of both of these families.

lwien,
Reactions: Kif-Kif

fidget

lwien said:
momofthegoons said:
You're killing me. I'll take one of each! :lol:
I know, huh. And he stocks another 20 strains on top of those. I really try to walk in with blinders on so I can stay focused and just get the one strain I came in for.

Yeah, right.

Typically goes like this: Hi Mike. Do ya have any of that Skywalker left? Mike smiles, pulls down the glass jar full of goodness, places it next to a floursecent lamp and forensic scope, takes out a pair of chopsticks, picks up a bud, places it under the scope and motions for me to come over to take a look-see. Wow. The trichs just sparkle and look like rain drops frozen in time on the bud. Great Mike, I'll take an eighth. I give him my 58 bucks, and then Mike says, hey, you can't leave without trying some of this new batch of UltraSilk and K4.5. We just got it in a few days ago and have gotten some great reports back. So he packs up a gram of each and just hands them to me free of charge. I look up, he winks and says, just a sample, but make sure that you don't have anything important to do before trying out that 4.5. Very potent. Enjoy.

Currently their membership is closed and not taking in any new members but they do make exceptions every once in awhile. I feel about this place like I do about my PD, that is, feeling really fortunate to be a member of both of these families.
Nice - he gave you about 3 months vaping for free. !

fidget,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It's such a drag that this area is only in the beginning stages of legalization. :/ I would love to be a member of that kind of "family". Oh well, patience is a virtue, and I fully believe in a few more years we will get there. Till then, I'll be dreaming too :p

Congrats on your freebies, Iwien. Enjoy!!

momofthegoons,

albe

anyone from cali/colorado want to adopt a 33yo child from australia ??? :lol:
:uhoh:

albe,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ah Iwien, you do like to tease! :lol: Those are some mighty tasty looking samples. They woke me up better than my coffee did this morning.

momofthegoons,

lwien

The most recent addition to their menu. I just got to share this because of the way Morpheus describes his new strains. He was a real way with words, but in the year that I have been a member there, his words have been, in actuality, very.........right on the mark.

Just in......
"C3 OG Kush" - cannabis indica ssp. indica x cannabis indica ssp. kafiristanica - indoor organic hydro - Big frosted clusters with excellent structure and careful manicure. Strong aroma of orange and pinesol. Citrus/hash exhale when smoked. Citrus/floral when vaped. Big expansion with long-lasting taste that lingers for ten minutes. Colossal instantaneous cerebral onset with layers of numbing analgesia. Reduced dosage highly recommended.

lwien,

lwien

And here's a pic of that C3 OG mentioned above:

Additional comments: "Frighteningly potent. Should come with air bags and a seat belt"

lwien,

lwien

aero18 said:
Man, that is some fresh bud. Really fresh.
I know, huh. And I was just there about 10 days ago and already picked up eighths of 3 different strains, and now they just got this in today. Fuck.

lwien,
Top Bottom