An ex?-volcano user needs some advice!

vaporist

Dampfmaschine
hello everybody!

first i want so say sorry for my poor english.

i was a heavy bong-toker for more than 10 years (half of the time mixed with tobacco, i know very silly, my lungs thanked me my step to the vapoworld).

some months ago i bought a volcano digit because i heard, that this is the best of the best out there.

i really liked the concept at the beginning.
the thing get me so high after some days experimented with bagsize, temperature and bagrounds.
i used to go with the recommended temps. like 185-200.
so the thing did to me what i expected and the high was the only thing i was interessted till now.
but now i would like to own a vapo, that tastes better and does not produce such a dry vapor but still gives me a lot of substance.
i am also searching for something that handles better than the volcano. i really hate the cracking noise of the oven bag.

i wished i could use a vapor that "smokes" like a bong.
when i saw the "vhw" the first time on this board i was stoked. i really want to have this piece to use it on my glass.

the "de verdamper" has also a concept i would love to use.

my thoughts are, that i dont want to sell my volcano to step to a new vapo (vhw or verdamper) without testing it.
but i have to say, that i have no chance to test these things.

so please can you tell me, if you own an volcano and one of the other vapos how it works for you?
i know that the taste is much more better through glass & water but what about the effect?

is it a problem for verdamper and vhw that they couldnt handle temps. exactly like the volcano can?

is it true, that the volcano gets the best results of extraction on active component of all vapes out there?

will the vhw or verdamper work for me as good as the volcano?

thanks for your attention and answers!

happy vaping!

vaporist,

Bushido

Welcome to the forums btw

I feel like I can get the best rips off of box vapes. Go check out the Silver Surfer Vaporizer. If not that then take a look at the Da Buddha or Vapor Brothers for 100 bones less.

Bushido,

vaporist

Dampfmaschine
thank you Bushido for welcome me and your input.

ive heard about ssv and da buddha before. i have to say, that i dont like the whip concept and dont think, that leaving my volcano behind and going with a ssv for example will be a big benefit for me.
ok, i can "smoke" through glass but what can i say. i dont like it compared to the verdamper or vhw.

what i like about the vhw and de verdamper is, that you can use it exactly like a bong.
putting the vhw in the bowl is like giving fire with a lighter.

at my local shop where i bought my volcano, the shopowner told me, that they had some other vaporizers but they give up selling them because the customers where disaffected with all vaporizers they sold. except for the volcano and the aromed.

im still not sure if selling my volcano and steping on to vhw or verdamper will be a regress or not.

vaporist,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Definitely check out the Supreme, although pricey for a non-electric vaporizer this thing absolutely kills performance wise, pumps out massive amounts of vapor.

I smoked bongs for 10 years and since switching to vapor 10 months ago I really missed the experience. I tried PD through bongs, SSV through bongs, none proved satisfying... till I found the Supreme :D

The pyro aspect of heating with a butane torch followed by the manipulation of the small handheld vape over the joint feels very close to home and very satisfying. Loaded with a full bowl and heated to a nice temp (I aim for 330F) it will milk a tube instantly and provide a thick rip that will blast your lungs :brow:

Chubba,

vaporist

Dampfmaschine
thanks for your reply, Chubba.

the supreme vaporizer looks definitely interessting but i think i would only go for vhw or de verdamper.

as i asked in my last post: would it be a step up on the ladder to switch from volcano to vhw or verdamper?

i see, that the vhw or verdamper are nice tools that will give me better taste and easier handling (just my view) but will they give me also the effects that i get with my volcano?

maybe there is somebody that switched from volcano to vhw or verdamper and share his/her experiences.

vaporist,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Personally ,I Like hitting the bong with my extreme Q , basically the same as a volcano but you can do the whip thing as well as the bags . Hook the up the elbow with just enough tubing to reach you bong , about a foot , put in your herb and go .

Samsquanch,

Raf007

Retailer
I find myself in the same situation as you are.
Happy owner of a can, ex bong lover, I was gonna buy the HVW but I am finally waiting for a couple of new vaporizer to enter the market before deciding.

Personnaly, I won't sell the Cano before any long try.
And its durability and bag become really really handy during get-together & parties.
So right now my plan is to keep it, and just buy one more ;) ( the Vapexhale if it matches the expectations I have or the VHW)
And the only way for me to sell it, would be to try and prefer the Q.... but the bag is less convenient on this one.

Hope my P.o.V helps you a bit.

And welcome to FC !

Raf007,

vaporist

Dampfmaschine
thank you Raf007. your post helped me for sure.

did you try the vhw before? are there some new vaporizer entering the market that uses a similar concept as the vhw or verdamper?
ive never heard of "vapexhale". can you give me some informations on this vaporizer?

i will keep my cano as long as i am not confident on another vaporizer. the cano still does what he should do. and thats fine for the moment.

can you make a comparison to the volcano when you get your new toy?
would be great to know if you will be happy with it.

salute

vaporist,

max

Out to lunch
is it true, that the volcano gets the best results of extraction on active component of all vapes out there?
Absolutely not true. S&B doesn't have any advanced technology (or magic ;) ) for vapor extraction.

the vhw or verdamper are nice tools that will give me better taste and easier handling (just my view) but will they give me also the effects that i get with my volcano?
Vaporization isn't a complicated process. You apply the correct temp, and you get vapor. Then it's just a matter of delivering the vapor. Direct draw is quite different than bag delivery, in that the vapor is usually much more rich with direct draw. You don't get more vapor, just more per hit. Any bag vape will deliver consistent hits, because it's uniform within the bag. It'll also be diluted by the steady stream of air that's pumped through. Most people that have access to both direct draw and bag fill, seem to gravitate to direct draw unless it's a group vaping session. In that case, bags are both easier to use for beginners, and better suited for group vaping.

ive never heard of "vapexhale". can you give me some informations on this vaporizer?
This vape isn't in production yet. It will be a glass oriented vape, for the best taste, with the ability to maintain a steady temp, for big back to back hits. All the info available on it so far is here- http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2234

max,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
How do you want to vape?

If you've considered portability as a desire, you might consider an I-inhale. They excel at stealth and portability, and, frankly, because of their convenience, I use them around the house.

If you've considered an always-on unit, the Purple Days, Myrtle-Zap (and another whose name escape me now) allows for quick, satisfying vapor hits. These units can be used in cars as they are 12 volt systems.

If you don't mind playing with fire, the wood Vapor Genie ( and its vapor-superior brother, the Glass Vapor Genie) rate high (pun intended) with me. You have to apply a flame.

There is even a battery operated device called the Magic Flight Box, and I believe works very well and is superior at stealth. I've taken mine to the movies and sucessfully vaped in a sparsely seated theater.

I have a Volcano, but I hardly ever use it anymore except for group settings. You can even get a suitable hose and turn your Volcano into a huge wand-style vaporizer, you just have to hold the tubed herb chamber onto the Volcano (it falls off with the weight of the plastic hose).

Anyway, collect them all - one can never have too many toys.

macbill,

Raf007

Retailer
Will do a comparison for sure when i get a new toy, but the vapexhale is not out yet, and I'm waiting for that before deciding whether i buy a VHW or not.
I did not try it, but from what I read from serious bongers and the vids you can see, i believe it will do what i want.

Raf007,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
OK, so you want bong hits but no tubing, which takes whip vapes out of the equation.

To answer your question, yes, hitting a bong based vape is much different than a volcano. Calling it a "step up" would be subjective but most people here are of that opinion.

Sometimes a video says it all. Here's the VHW in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToAgDpbA29c&fmt=22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvih7-VrRnw&fmt=22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxBacFUbrJk&fmt=22

Almost any vape can be used with a bong, here's a PD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TT-mI50k9w&fmt=22

As for vapes that are specifically designed to be used with glass: VHW, Herborizer, Glass Vape, HD vape, Ape Vape and probably a lot more I'm not remembering right now. Check the threads on each here.

The guy who made those VHW videos is developing a new vape for use with glass that is going to kick ass but you'll have to wait for that.

Welcome to FC, where are you from?

vtac,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
My :2c: :

Get the bong vape ;) (whichever you choose) and then decide which to sell :shrug: (if either :lol: )

Progress,

vaporist

Dampfmaschine
wow, thats a lot of input. thank you for this.

max, that was funny to read your first sentence because i really thought that the volcano uses some technology that is unique on the vaporizer-market.
for sure i am just a little bit manipulated about the "hype" for the volcano.
i remember that i read a paper that said, that the volcano produces the best results.
possibly this paper is old and by now there are good or even better vaporizer out there.
there is also the declaration of the shopowner who said: "go only with the volcano or aromed. the other vapos are not worth the money".
you took my insularity for this topic away.

macbill, nice overview. i dont need features like "always on" or "mobile". the unit dont need to be stealth but shouldnt be as loud as the volcano.
i would like to hear the bubble-noise of a bong instead of the hair-dryer-noise of the volcano.
but i have to say to myself, that my requierements goes up.
when i first bought the volcano i was only for the effect. right now i am also interessted on good taste and thick vapor. so maybe my requierements will go up with every new vapo i buy.

jackstraw62, the vhw is just an improvement of this pistol, isnt it? i would go with that concept but i guess for easier handling the vhw would win and btw it looks great.

vtac, that videos are super. i saw them before and yes thats the main reason why i am interessted in the vhw. true that the videos say much more than all words.
i will also keep an eye on the other models.
i am from austria near vienna. there are just a few vaporizers here to buy. every vapo (without volcano and aromed) must be booked from abroad.
makes it hard to test and play around with all that models. wow, i just realise how many models are on the market.

Progress, my new vape should be financed with my old one. but, if i go for a cheaper model (maybe the vhw) than i will keep them both.

i have a generel question on vaporization that belongs to our talk:

everybody knows, that consuming our favorite herbs will increase the heartbeat. i know, that there is no problem for a healthy user and if your hb goes up, its not so stressfull for your body if you dont work yourself up into it.

ive read, that with a higher cbd-contingent the hb does not increase that much. indica-strains are recommended.
but when it comes to vaporization, cbd is released at higher temps above 200.
if you "cook" on 185 you will get a lot of thc but not so much cbd.
thats the reason why vaporizers gives you what a lot of people call "clear head high".

i have sometimes problems with my hb. not in touch with consuming alone but with my condition and my shape.

now my maybe naiv question: does vapos like vhw or verdamper can handle high temps. to release cbd?
is it adviseable to go with higher temps. to release the cbd but get some byproducts?

vaporist,

lwien

vaporist said:
is it adviseable to go with higher temps. to release the cbd but get some byproducts?
I would think that the negative consequences from getting all those toxins at higher vape temps far outweigh the slight, temporary increase in your heartbeat. With that being said though, whatever toxins that you do get are far, FAR less than what you get when you smoke (combust).

lwien,
Top Bottom