• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Amsterdam Coffee Shop Recommendations :)

horst

horsed
funny coincidence, I just finished the last bit I had of that strain a few days ago, bought it about a week ago at de kronkel in nijmegen, since I never heard of that strain before and wanted to try it out.

Thanks for the info, did you like it as much as I do? Never made it to nijmegen yet, but that sounds like a good reason to change that. :D
I just loaded my MFLB with a nice chunk of somari to celebrate 420 today. :love:

@horst, thanks for the heads up on this. Are they the "sister shop" to Boerejongens West?? You're talking about Boerejongens Centre? Do they have the same menu? Super Lemon Haze is my favorite bud of all time and I haven't had hash since about 1980 so very anxious to see how my fav flower vapes as SLH block !!!!!! And this shop has room to chill in the antique pharmacy interior?? Sounds very intriguing.

We will be in AMS far SW (Oude West?) the last week in May and will definitely report back. With a good chunk of time in De Pijp.
Is there such a thing as Red Lebanese Hash these days---that was probably my favorite.
Soon....................

Yes, they are the same. Never been to the west shop personally but I've been told that they are usually 1-2€ cheaper per gram than the center one with the same menu. I can't tell you if they offer a seated area anywhere upstairs, the main floor is shop only and rather small. I only buy & fly there.

Exited to hear about your impressions of De Pijp area, never been there by myself but only heard good things about this place.

sEX277k.jpg

Ton Ton Club is the combination of arcade gaming and beer, here's a couple things to note about it :
- good burgers - lots of beers - loads of imported cabinets - heaps of pinball machine - sound proof room dedicated to dance dance revolution - 3d ping pong - virtual reality room - super nintendo - NES - n64 - AND MORE :love:

Thanks for sharing the map, looks like a lot of fun ahead! Ton Ton sounds like stoners paradise, I look forward to your report about that. :)

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Look out for a strain called Somari, a NYCD variant by the famous amsterdam seed-entropeneur Soma. It's my amsterdam favorite because it's hard to get elsewhere and really unique. Sadly hard to find, 2014 it was available at 1e Hulp, 2015 at Utopia und 2016 I spotted it at Dampkring, but it's always shifting.
Hey, thanks for the recommendation! And f.y.i, it just so happens that I very recently stumbled upon this particular strain at the Original Damkring on Handboogstraat.

And I found their Somari and Tangie both to be deliciously tangetastic :tup:

So vibrant & refreshing - it's a very distinct & new flavor profile to me.

Oh to have such choices everywhere :\

Recognise those steps in the background @MinnBobber? ;)

:peace:

MGG

Hey, thanks for the recommendation! And f.y.i, it just so happens that I very recently stumbled upon this particular strain at the Original Damkring on Handboogstraat.

And I found their Somari and Tangie both to be deliciously tangetastic :tup:

So vibrant & refreshing - it's a very distinct & new flavor profile to me.

Oh to have such choices everywhere :\

Nice setup.

MinnBobber

stairway to heaven??? ;)

Drooling here, thinking of Amsterdam in a month :)

We are flying in/out of AMS to Budapest before coffeeshops open, to start out trip :(
I think we arrive at 6 AM and depart at 8:30 AM

Would have loved to get a couple grams to start the trip.

any hints/ideas where/how to find a very small amount of herbage in Budapest or Vienna or Melk or Passau as those are our starting cities and I'll be starting with zero buds....

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
stairway to heaven???
Haha! Pretty much dude. Those steps are in La Tertulia - and I'm sitting at the first table on the right, on the lower ground floor as you walk in.

Fresh mint tea & a gram of ice scuff :D

Imo, the menu wasn't particularly impressive at the time, but the people were friendly (presumably mother & daughter on the counter & a third younger female clearing & cleaning tables etc.) And the atmosphere was nice & relaxed - with a mixture of what seemed to be tourists & locals of all ages.

We sat, we soaked, we stumbled on out :ko:

Good times.

It is such a shame that your flight schedule is so tight - Amsterdam is certainly the perfect lay over. Although as I'm sure you know, leaving is the hardest part!

And I can't personally help you out with regards to the other locations you have mentioned I'm afraid - but it sounds like you have a fun trip planned for sure!

Ahhh, La Tertulia . . .

°k

The sound of vapor
:o
Haha! Pretty much dude. Those steps are in La Tertulia - and I'm sitting at the first table on the right, on the lower ground floor as you walk in.

Fresh mint tea & a gram of ice scuff :D

Imo, the menu wasn't particularly impressive at the time, but the people were friendly (presumably mother & daughter on the counter & a third younger female clearing & cleaning tables etc.) And the atmosphere was nice & relaxed - with a mixture of what seemed to be tourists & locals of all ages.

We sat, we soaked, we stumbled on out :ko:

Good times.

It is such a shame that your flight schedule is so tight - Amsterdam is certainly the perfect lay over. Although as I'm sure you know, leaving is the hardest part!

And I can't personally help you out with regards to the other locations you have mentioned I'm afraid - but it sounds like you have a fun trip planned for sure!

Ahhh, La Tertulia . . .

Aahhh la Tertulia, been there last time I travelled to Amsterdam but unfortunately it was closed...

Off topic but you got me wondering @VegNVape, are you using hash in your GH?

MinnBobber

@VegNVape

Ahhh, La Tertulia . . . please keep posting your hot spots.

Ahhh. La Tertulia is right.
I love my Kenyan tea but never have had a mint tea. I need to try in May. How is their mint tea?

Did you get to heat up the grand-daddy of all vapes, their Verdamper?? It's a hoot.
WTF is just to the left of the menu? It looks like a ball cap you were wearing when the Grasshopper caused your brain to explode ????

@ *k,
true story. I was back and forth and back and forth one day looking for La Tertulia. WTF, where'd it go?
It was a Monday and it was closed ----with all their patio furniture inside, I walked right past it 4 times.

MinnBobber

°k

The sound of vapor
By the way @MGG, I posted it in another similar thread but I recommend the Green house kitchen, it's a vape friendly restaurant with vapes on the table! The food is quite good too although it's not huge portions for when you're super hungry.

MGG

By the way @MGG, I posted it in another similar thread but I recommend the Green house kitchen, it's a vape friendly restaurant with vapes on the table! The food is quite good too although it's not huge portions for when you're super hungry.

That sounds really cool but i'm a little confused by the concept.
So they have vapes and serve you food, however you bring the weed yourself? or do they offer you weed with the course? or is it just merely a suggestion?

This would be a neat experience if weed came each meal (i saw a vice doco on something similar a while back)

I'm also a little confused what vapes are available, I watched a video and saw a vapexhale cloud at one point?? So they have a vapexhale cloud you can use?? if so that's sick.

°k

The sound of vapor
That sounds really cool but i'm a little confused by the concept.
So they have vapes and serve you food, however you bring the weed yourself? or do they offer you weed with the course? or is it just merely a suggestion?

This would be a neat experience if weed came each meal (i saw a vice doco on something similar a while back)

I'm also a little confused what vapes are available, I watched a video and saw a vapexhale cloud at one point?? So they have a vapexhale cloud you can use?? if so that's sick.

Well I see it as a restaurant where you can vape which I believe is really not that common in Amsterdam but yeah they go further about vaping and offer you different plants to vape (not weed but you're free to use your own).
I found it pretty nice to be able to vape some of my laughing buddha from next door after the main course while remaining at the table, enjoying my drink with and deciding what to get for dessert.

They have vapir rises 2.0 on the tables and yes they do have a cloud evo that you can ask for if you're more serious about it. The only thing though is when I asked for the tube to plug on the vapir, the one they brought had this leftover minty flavor, I didn't bother asking for a brand new one as that little fresh taste wasn't that bad after a few hits but purists should be warned.

MGG

Well I see it as a restaurant where you can vape which I believe is really not that common in Amsterdam but yeah they go further about vaping and offer you different plants to vape (not weed but you're free to use your own).
I found it pretty nice to be able to vape some of my laughing buddha from next door after the main course while remaining at the table, enjoying my drink with and deciding what to get for dessert.

They have vapir rises 2.0 on the tables and yes they do have a cloud evo that you can ask for if you're more serious about it. The only thing though is when I asked for the tube to plug on the vapir, the one they brought had this leftover minty flavor, I didn't bother asking for a brand new one as that little fresh taste wasn't that bad after a few hits but purists should be warned.

That's cool, I wonder how overpriced the food would be at that kind of place though, but I'll check it out just to give the vapexhale cloud evo a go :D

Ricardo

On holiday in Amsterdam :D Visited 2 coffee shops so far (both in Jordaan district) - polar opposites! Amnesia is modern, young, busy - thumping reggae music. Tried some Laughing Buddha :p.... still laughing but I'd say the average age was about 30 years younger than me. Good first experience and helpful budtenders but not really my sort of place.
Just got back from Paradox which is one of the older joints in town - much more like it! Mix of clients, young and old, guys playing chess, chilling - Latina music when we were there. Got some White Widow at very reasonable prices. People happy to chat, chill ;). Both places had Volcanos but I have my OG VapCap :leaf:
:bigleaf:

MGG

Just like to add that the ton ton club actually turned out to be really shit and what was advertised in the videos was a 1 off event and nothing like the actual place. Just wanted to save anyone from wasting their time on that one.

MGG

Also like to add that rib place people recommended on here was the fucking bomb. Went there like 3 times, they are legit.

MinnBobber

Also like to add that rib place people recommended on here was the fucking bomb. Went there like 3 times, they are legit.
That was Cafe De Klos? I'm starting a list for next May---hope to go back then :)

MinnBobber,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Everybody these days go to Cafe De Klos, so I guess its better to ask a local guy/girl about a better rib place, eventho I remember it being great...

Back to topic.

IMO the best coffee shop is De Dampkring, the best place to sit and vape/smoke.
I would also go to the Gray Area, they have some good stuff...and if Evergray is there...grab it!!!

Another cool place is Amnesia! It has a few digital volcanos you can use in house!!!

anasrzi

I liked katsu and 1e hulp, excellent range of products and friendly guys.

anasrzi,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Oh BTW, I would consider going to Haarlem, my dear friend traveled there by train (20 mins) and found a quite town with a lot of coffeshops and a lot cheaper.

m0sh,
Reactions: grokit

MGG

Oh BTW, I would consider going to Haarlem, my dear friend traveled there by train (20 mins) and found a quite town with a lot of coffeshops and a lot cheaper.

Sounds sweet, i heard of a couple places outside of amsterdam that are less touristy and much cheaper but i heard mixed reviews about the quality of the herb itself. Sounds cool though, i might have to check it out next time i'm around.

MGG,

Gray Area

De Dampkring is great :tup:

I really like The Bluebird too, great vibe to the place and also has tons of volcanos out and about to use. I didn't bother as had my VG with me, but still nice option...

Gray Area,
Top Bottom