Frankenstein79

I just received mine today I was one of the Reddit winners. I don't really have much to compare two but from what I've heard and what I've read it's a lot like the fury 2 but this thing hits like a Mack truck yeah it has a bit of a Chinese taste to it this and that but for the price I would have bought it but luckily I won one I was literally one day away from buying the fury 2 when this happened and to be honest it's not that bad of a vape

mash

So..... is it safe to assume that this device is a conduction vape.... with the bowl getting red hot.... sure doesn't sound like any convection is going on. I wonder how much different this thing is inside then the fury 2. .... Will be interesting what a tear down reveals

ohmygodimsohigh

So..... is it safe to assume that this device is a conduction vape.... with the bowl getting red hot.... sure doesn't sound like any convection is going on. I wonder how much different this thing is inside then the fury 2. .... Will be interesting what a tear down reveals

the bowl doesn't get red hot...
the coils are under the bowl and separated by screens

I did the little test of filling the bowl, turning the vape on, and letting it sit without hitting it.
there was some minor vapor trickling, but nothing like a conduction vape.

after 2 minutes the bowl is definitely a shade darker, but nowhere near spent.

hitting the vaporizer produces a lot of convection vapor.
you can call it a hybrid, but it's just a distraction - the ambit hits more like the grasshopper

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
you can call it a hybrid, but it's just a distraction - the ambit hits more like the grasshopper
Agreed, seriously the unit with an airflow modification so it's not as restricted pulls good vapor near instantly. Impossible on a conduction vape and I've measured the chambers temp the heat transfer isn't that quick for the production and consistency you'd get under 10 seconds of starting the heater.

Frankenstein79

Agreed, seriously the unit with an airflow modification so it's not as restricted pulls good vapor near instantly. Impossible on a conduction vape and I've measured the chambers temp the heat transfer isn't that quick for the production and consistency you'd get under 10 seconds of starting the heater.
Airflow modification?

Go on.....

Frankenstein79,

mash

the coils are under the bowl and separated by screens

I did the little test of filling the bowl, turning the vape on, and letting it sit without hitting it.
there was some minor vapor trickling, but nothing like a conduction vape.

after 2 minutes the bowl is definitely a shade darker, but nowhere near spent.

Really appreciate the info... thks man

ginolicious

Moved on to full bowls on this puppy now. Homies tolerance going up.

Get a nice full bowl at 170C followed by a reheat after the 120s timer and a little stir and two massive hits to finish it off. Taste burnt popcorn though.

One thing i really gotta be careful about is dumping out the bowl. Bottom screen has fallen out a few too many times and I almost lost it a few times.

mash

just want to give a shout out to @PlanetVape.... received a email today informing me that the Ambit is on the way to them and will be shipped shorty.

and the water adapter will be included to all who pre ordered :)

Great Stuff and a big Thankyou :rockon::rockon:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Well I got a message from Jojo at Vivant and Jojo at flowermate so who knows who Jojo is really working for lol
2d0nvup.jpg

mash

Received my Ambit today... :)

just played around with controls..... guess holding power button and up arrow down for a bit... Will turn motor off and on.... not sure.. is that the heater?

mash,

ginolicious

Received my Ambit today... :)

just played around with controls..... guess holding power button and up arrow down for a bit... Will turn motor off and on.... not sure.. is that the heater?

When you hold the trigger button that is what causes the heater to heat up. When it’s heating or already heated up and you hold the big button it’ll turn it off. I think it’s completely irrelevant holding the temperature button. That’s doing nothing and you don’t need to hold it. Unit heats or turns off heater by holding the bigger button.

mash

When you hold the trigger button that is what causes the heater to heat up. When it’s heating or already heated up and you hold the big button it’ll turn it off. I think it’s completely irrelevant holding the temperature button. That’s doing nothing and you don’t need to hold it. Unit heats or turns off heater by holding the bigger button.

sorry....its when the device is off.....hold the power button and the temperature plus button.....you will see
"motor off" come up........do it again....and motor on ....comes up.........I havent done the 5 clicks of the power to enable it...

Was just wondering what that is....

Just running off some burnoffs now....will try it tonight.......

Love the size....a bit smaller than the Argo.....and it seems this little guy heats up fast :)

Thanks for the reply tho....

mash,

Vapxr

sorry....its when the device is off.....hold the power button and the temperature plus button.....you will see
"motor off" come up........do it again....and motor on ....comes up.........I havent done the 5 clicks of the power to enable it...

Was just wondering what that is....

Just running off some burnoffs now....will try it tonight.......

Love the size....a bit smaller than the Argo.....and it seems this little guy heats up fast :)

Thanks for the reply tho....

That is how you turn the haptic feedback on and off.

mash

So.... I used the Ambit the past 2 nights..... I have a few vaporizers to compare but this Ambit will be mostly used for outdoors.

So far I'm impressed by the build quality... seems solid.... love the magnetic top.

This little unit heats up fast.... I have used it mostly at 370-380 degrees.... I increase the session time by double clicking the power button. you can increase if up to 5 mins it seems.

I can see the battery not lasting the 10... 2 min sessions.... but It does look to me it doesn't take too long to charge.

This little guy does give out real good vapor and hits you quick. The taste isn't too bad.... not as good as my Argo... solo2 or Air I have... but for this price.... imho it's a great bang for your buck.

The Avb... turned out to be a nice darker brown... wasnt burnt... and I didn't have to stir.

The only difference I noticed using this device was that even tho it hit me quick and I got high pretty good.... the high seems to not last as long as say when I use my solo 2. I'm not sure it's because you use less in the Ambit then the glass tube of the solo2.... it just something I've noticed the last few nights.

Overall.. I think Vivant hit this one out of the park... Being in Canada... this device is perfect taking it out to the bars and such. Fits in my hands perfectly and it's so easy to carry in your pocket... load up... and use.

Will be interesting when puffitup does a tear down of this unit... I didnt really notice any metal taste... but then again... I did do a full battery burn off at 400 degrees before using.

Happy with the purchase... Thanks again to @PlanetVape for great service

ginolicious

I’ve noticed as of recent my device takes longer than 3 hours to charge. I am running a beta unit. Also I was never given a charging cable. So I’m using some random USB cable I found in my house. Maybe with a better USB cable it would charge faster?

ginolicious,
Reactions: YaMon

mash

I’ve noticed as of recent my device takes longer than 3 hours to charge. I am running a beta unit. Also I was never given a charging cable. So I’m using some random USB cable I found in my house. Maybe with a better USB cable it would charge faster?

I'm not sure... im using a cable that came with the Alternate and a white apple USB charger... seems to charge fine..... but then again.... I've only had it a few days and have only charged it full a few times.

Hopefully the build quality of the battery and heater are good..... seems like the shell is fine... Hate to hear if the battery is having issues so soon.

looking forward if it ever happens... a tear down of the unit.

ginolicious

I'm not sure... im using a cable that came with the Alternate and a white apple USB charger... seems to charge fine..... but then again.... I've only had it a few days and have only charged it full a few times.

Hopefully the build quality of the battery and heater are good..... seems like the shell is fine... Hate to hear if the battery is having issues so soon.

looking forward if it ever happens... a tear down of the unit.

I don’t kill my unit fully. But I’m still getting 6-8 sessions and still have battery left over before I charge. So I don’t think the battery is crapping out at all.

ginolicious,

mash

I don’t kill my unit fully. But I’m still getting 6-8 sessions and still have battery left over before I charge. So I don’t think the battery is crapping out at all.

interesting.... I wonder what the recommend amperage is needed to charge this unit..... I think the apple charger I use is 2A

i don't think it mentions what it needs in the documentation

Also... I know I needed to use the USB cable supplied by Vivant when doing a firmware update on the Alternate... or a USB cable that looked a little thicker.... so maybe if you are using a thinner USB cable it charges slower..... sorry.. not quite sure

mash,
Top Bottom