ginolicious

They said they were sending mine awhile ago and never sent tracking or the vape , they replied once to my message saying they would send tracking, kind of messed up considering I won this in a contest. Than today I get a message here from the same company and same person from the company asking if I could test Flowermate products for them. I replied 1st please respond to my message on instagram about the vape I had won in the contest. So I guess they own Flowermate also if the same person is writing me to test those products also. @Jojo_Vivant whats going on ?

Jojo is no longer with the company.

ginolicious,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Justpassedu

Well I got a message from Jojo at Vivant and Jojo at flowermate so who knows who Jojo is really working for lol , I just want what I won in the contest but not a huge deal if I don't get it . its just principal, do the right thing.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: Rasputin

mash

It is poor customer service.... have no idea what is going on there.... I sent them a message about my account thru Facebook and haven't heard a peep from them. When I was at the Alternate thread they seemed really good in getting back with our concerns....

You would think they woukd be more engaged with customers about their new product.... We still have no confirmation on the specs of the device...

Odd way to regain trust after the Alternate fiasco and its mouth piece.... I still use it and it had great potential.... a few tweaks and it would of rocked.... but version 2 never came out.

Just odd....

That being said.... im looking forward to the Ambit

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Still playing around with the Ambit. Anything but very low temp vaping produces flavor that tastes like diesel fuel spilled on my weed. Even at 347 F, hardly a high temperature, I get that taste. I don’t get that taste if I vape at really low temps like 329, but the vapor is thin and wispy. It seems like this has a very narrow sweet spot that balances cloud size and flavor. I don’t know how some people are using this at 400.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I ordered my Vivant Ambit direct online. It arrived before I expected it (Ordered June 11th, was shipped and at my door in NY on the 15th), in fact it was darn quick. It did not come with a WPA, which I would guess was due to some memo taking on a life of its own. I wrote Vivant about the missing WPA on the 16th, I received an automated acknowledgment the same day with a request number which I assume may be used to track status. Then they replied on the 18th indicating they are sending me one. How much better service would you want? While I have not received the WPA yet, they did not have them yet and it's only the 21st.

I see posts here about other means of ordering or looking for support, seems pretty easy to me just using their shop and standard email.

ohmygodimsohigh

You have a much higher tolerance for hot vapor than I do! I’ve got the WPA coming for it, probably won’t arrive until next week. I’m interested in trying it through water at the higher temps.

oh let me elaborate a bit

at 400 it feels hotter than the Tera at 428.
But the bowl is the size of the Fury 2 and I can crush it in like 2.5 hits with a stir.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I’ve been going back and forth between the Ambit and the Fury 2. I consistently get better clouds and stronger effects at lower temps with the Ambit. The flavor wasn’t as bad in this last session, I don’t know if that’s an outlier or the bad taste really does fade, but right now even with the flavor difference I’m preferring the Ambit over the Fury 2.

subway13029

Yeah i can see combustion at over 400..the first time i turned my unit on and the bowl starting glowing i was like oh shit and turned it off..this thing is basically a 1 or 3 hitter with me..especially through water even at like 365 the small bowl is crushed in a hit or two...even dry its a quick hitter and that serves a purpose..im kinda wondering why vivant dilent but i see jojo left..damn that sucks..

subway13029,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Pagliacci

Thank you guys for sharing all your thoughts about such a new device. Picked one up and ultimately couldn’t be happier. I’ll add in some thoughts after using the Ambit the past few days. (My prior vape experience is the Solo.)
  • Small in the best way possible. Easily palmable for me and very pocket friendly, even after a quick sesh. I can fit the Ambit, a grinder, two 2g jars and a 1.5g ABV container in a tiny ass Pelican 1040.
  • Very effective for the time you have (90/120s). Bowl fits maybe .15-.2g, 392F has been very successful and consistent for me.
  • So, so simple. It turns on, you start the cycle, after heat up you have 90-120s, pop up the straw, vape nation, empty the bowl in like 5 seconds, done. No fussy additional stems, butane torches, or scalding hot components to deal with. Nice.
  • For an electric vape, this is affordable. I think I paid, what, $65 shipped for it!? Even at MSRP, $80 this is worth the cop IMO, if you want/need the above attributes.

The Ambit does not match the flavor of the Solo. It definitely requires a few max temp and regular heat cycles for the taste to normalize. After probably 5-6 cycles in on my device, any funkyness had dissipated and, relatively, it now tastes good/great.

The firmware could use a few tweaks - IMO it would be nice if the cycle countdown was vertically flipped during a sesh, and if the temperature could be adjusted during a cycle. Otherwise simple and effective. Vibration notifications gives bonus points here.

This device hits so many marks for me and gets me ripped. Glad I grabbed one.

Cheers.

ginolicious

May order one to go along side my beta. Really enjoying the beta. But it would be nice to extend the shut off timer by 30 seconds like the production units do.

Last night I went full bowls on this thing at 170 and 190. Unreal. I can kill a bowl at 170 in 5 hits and then vape again at 190 to get it nice and dark brown the abv.

ginolicious,
Reactions: mash

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Gino~ I've also considered buying a production run, as I have been so impressed with the beta.

The extra 30s kicker is appealing , though mostly I kick the chamber by the end of the 120s.
From what I am reading, it appears the production units might be tweaked to get better battery life. My batt burns out after 6-7 cycles.

My unit will combust below 400. Mine has combusted as low as 385. I do think the calibration is off on my unit, but there is no way for me to confirm. Set at 383 is fucking perfect for my device. Dark brown after 120s.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: mash

ginolicious

But what does that say about the vape temperature accuracy, or lack thereof?

Too be honest. I’m not quite sure. All I know is that I can vape a nice bowl at 170 and get it nice and golden. And then re vape at 190 to maximize my extraction.

ginolicious,
Reactions: KeroZen

HotPumpkinSalsa

I picked one of these up too, and I'm surprised since it's not what I thought it would be. It has the crazy stove top heater, which does allow much faster extraction. But it has a cheap rubber gasket that really looks and smells more like Halloween mask latex than silicone, which give it a foul wtf taste. It looks like a Fury, but feels cheaper somehow, even though it has great haptic feedback and I love the idea of the magnetic fold away mouthpiece, However, it gets much too hot. I feel like maybe I didn;t look at it correctly. It's not a session vape, it's more like a battery powered Dynavap replacement. Super hot hard hits, super fast extraction. Which should be great, but I don't love it for some reason.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I picked one of these up too, and I'm surprised since it's not what I thought it would be. It has the crazy stove top heater, which does allow much faster extraction. But it has a cheap rubber gasket that really looks and smells more like Halloween mask latex than silicone, which give it a foul wtf taste. It looks like a Fury, but feels cheaper somehow, even though it has great haptic feedback and I love the idea of the magnetic fold away mouthpiece, However, it gets much too hot. I feel like maybe I didn;t look at it correctly. It's not a session vape, it's more like a battery powered Dynavap replacement. Super hot hard hits, super fast extraction. Which should be great, but I don't love it for some reason.
I do not love it either, but at this price point do you need to love it? Except for the taste, it's really small, heats quickly, hits hard.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I tested my beta unit for temperature accuracy.

The temperature on my sensor consistently read 8% lower than the unit’s display. YMMV

Still, it’s a cute little unit, with a hardy host, and user changeable battery, it would be stellar.

stark1,

mash

Im looking forward to it.....have the arizers triplets for session vapes.....need a quick hitter and it
seems like this one is it.

I thought the outer shell was like the fenix ....I used to own one of them years ago ....never had any
issues with the body.

The video I posted few pages back ...shows different colors ....seems like they are more metal then rubber or silicon....not sure tho.

mash,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Super hot hard hits, super fast extraction. Which should be great, but I don't love it for some reason.
Because it is such a violent session, it just shreds the essentials off quickly. Think of this compared to the firefly2 which is such a gentle, pleasurable experience. This thing is just like HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT INHALE GARRGGHHH VAPPOORRR

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Sounds like a good replacement for the grasshopper:lol:
It’s not quite as fast as the GH, but then again it’s mouthpiece does not get as hot and it’s a bit easier to load. When I receive the WPA from my Ambit I’ll run the two against each other. I will say the GH does not have the taste issue and also offers user swappable batteries.

Top Bottom