• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
How is the flavor compared to say the Fury 2?
I do not have a fury2... I cannot comment.
WOW
I had to reread your rundown three times to be sure I was reading it right!
Performance sounds exceptional for a cheap vape :cool:

I know you said you've been doing 30 second rips to great effect, but how does it perform with short rips, say, half that duration? (or even less!).
I'm used to the looong draws required by most convection vapes, but also really like short draws sometimes.

I also look forward to more reports :clap:
Thanks for filling us in!

It does well with shorter rips as well, but I do prefer to try to get as much out of my material as possible once the 120s starts. Your material is cooking the whole time so there is no point in trying to take it slow.

At my setting, I typically get great vapor out of the first 3 hits. 4th draw vapor is substantially faded if not depleted and that is the end of my cycle. I always give it a second 120s press BUT I usually cancel the burn and turn off after the 1st or second draw. At that point, I can get some last sips but with the very short mouthpiece/chamber, an experienced palate can also quickly taste the grounds go to coffee dark and will know when to back off.

Remove mouthpiece, dump, reload, (recover) repeat.

@PV~ there is no placebo! this RIPS! I LOVE devices that allow me to get such complete extraction so fast! It really shines at the end of the workday!

marduk

daydreamer
@PV~ there is no placebo! this RIPS! I LOVE devices that allow me to get such complete extraction so fast! It really shines at the end of the workday!

How does it hit compared to the Hammer in your sig? How's the bowl size compared to the Lotus?

marduk,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
LOL the Hammer is dogshit IMO. I moved on from it years ago and need to remove that from the signature entirely.

This is far more refined than the Hammer, Ambit allows me to be exponentially more precise with my extraction than with Hammer, which I had accidental combustion often when going for full extraction.

Flavor is great for me, but I think that is really going to be subject to your material. I get great flavor on draws 1-2,3, then it really just fades on 4 as I reach full extraction. My next draw (new cycle) usually tastes like browning ABV and I back off and power down.

For those looking to get ripped, you will all REALLY appreciate there is no-shutoff when you draw. You can pull thick vapor as long as your lungs can handle. For those used to other vapes, you might find yourself expecting and waiting for the haptic feedback and cutoff, but it never comes! You can pull till ya get a lung FULL.

I do put more into this than I do my Lotus, it holds a nice load. I've found a loose but full pack works best. half loads do not get to as full an extraction, overpacking can cause some uneven vaping/tunneling with regards to the vapor path through the bowl. I load it similarly in size and density to my ghost carts or minivap carts.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@FlyingLow , did you find the herb chamber to be fairly large?

For microdosers like myself, a herb capsule makes for convenience,
And limits the total volume down.

I use Fury capsules, & it works well in the Ambit.

Vivant would do well to offer flavor capsules with their new Ambit? :tup:

Last edited:
stark1,

ginolicious

@FlyingLow , did you find the herb chamber to be fairly large?

For microdosers like myself, a herb capsule makes for convenience,
And limits the total volume down.

I use Fury capsules, & it works well in the Ambit.

Vivant would do well to offer flavor capsules with the Ambit? :tup:

You don’t have to pack full bowls. You can get away with packing small bowls and getting 2-3 rips out of it

ginolicious,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
You don’t have to pack full bowls. You can get away with packing small bowls and getting 2-3 rips out of it
Ambit works best with a full bowl. Just like many other vapes, you might be able to cut the load size down by using a concentrate pad of some kind to fill the space void or mesh capsules. We haven't tested that though and don't know if it will mess with the air turbulence. The Ambit is a heavy hitter in a very compact form factor.

Pics, please, please
Vivant has asked us to hold off on anymore photos until it is closer to being released in case they make any changes to packaging etc. They are getting lots of great feedback and will want to incorporate as much of it as possible. We might be able to post more photos this weekend.:peace:
PV

PlanetHaze,
Reactions: YaMon

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Besides making the chamber size more microdosing friendly, the “flavor” capsules
Allow one to carry several flavors EDC.

Plus+, Lock & Load. On the go. YMMV :tup:

33ndzj7.jpg
cxo

Last edited:
stark1,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
This is a temporary video I don't even know if I am allowed to share it but.. I hope it's cool @Vivant if not it'll be removed even quicker. Since the cat is out of the bag on the unit someone on vaporents discord requested a bit of footage, I'm not going to talk a lot about the unit since mine was a sample and I'm hoping some things were changed and it sounds like it based on the original post in this thread.

ginolicious

I enjoy mine very much. Never packed full bowls. I did have a mesh screen at the bottom that could come out.

ginolicious,

subway13029

Yeah mine was ready for giant clouds as soon as it was up to temp..maybe a little on the hot side but man it produces clouds son..i tried it on 410 i think and it was like 450 on other vapes..and the 120 second was too short.

subway13029,

ginolicious

Battery life great. 8-10 sessions at 2 minutes a pop. Never had an issue.

Vape mouth piece is small. No q tip for cleaning. Soak in iso but I never did more than 5 minutes for the soak

I will concede and say full pack is better. But I microdose usually. So I get 3 nice hits at 170C and then 1-2 wispy hits and then done.

Cleaning is a breeze.

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Looks like the screen is the same as the Alternate? That’s difficult to read in the sun, but hopefully audible beeps are still there? Hepatic feedback?

YaMon,

ginolicious

Screen is extremely difficult to read in the sun. Yes there is haptic feedback.

Great little vape. Truly a pocket vape.

ginolicious,
Reactions: YaMon

subway13029

I only got 4 or 5 sesh out of battery and that is 2 minute sesh..that heater is powerful so could be drainig battery. Has anyone spoke with @Vivant ?

subway13029,

elykpeace

exVASted
What up beta boys... So any silicone flavor comming from the unit similar to the fury/fierce? Looks very similiar in shape

elykpeace,

subway13029

Yeah i had similar taste but not as strong as fury. i enjoy this more than my fury 1 or 2 because it gets hotter much faster but i might have recieved a hot one..lol..i keep temps around 360 because 400 is way too hot on my device..and im a high temp vaper so i might have recieved a hot one..my bowl glows red when voming up to temp..it scared me at first but no combustion or anything like that.

ginolicious

I am yet to run it through a bong or anything like that. I think I do wanna try that. Just don’t wanna buy one. Haven’t used one since 2013.

ginolicious,
Top Bottom