1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I positioning my carriage properly while shopping?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by 2 Cycle, Jun 8, 2018.

1. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle Well-Known Member

When I go shopping for items such as food, I have been getting snookering looks because of how I position my shopping cart. I get in line and have the cart behind me. To illustrate what I mean, I would be paying and the cart is behind me. I like this and it works great for me because I like to yap with the cashiers. But today, I looked back and some lady was behind my cart. She could have reached her items over my cart and put them on the conveyor belt but she chose not to. She looked like she was angry at me, I just ignored her and ate some fig newtons. Am I breaking some unwritten rule here about cart placement?

2. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

I didn’t think this was an actual thing. I’m vaped out of my mind. I don’t think it’s an issue. Or maybe the lady didn’t want you talking up a cashier and making her go slower?

3. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

Hey I've done this too, and it's ok but the part you forgot to do was move the cart in front of you to where the food is bagged up, typically you'll do this while you're yaking up after you put your food on the conveyor. It's not really a rule, just something that I tried and I got no bad looks.

4. duff

duff Well worn

Fuck Fig Newtons are delicious.

5. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

Shopping cart rage. Could be a generational. Old folks get impatient. Young folks just check email, or whatever it is you all do on those damned things. Getting angry just thinking about it. :cuss:

6. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

You lot still go into actual real world shops?

I prefer my fig newtons delivered to the door :p

7. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

I took over the grocery shopping in my house and it became a challenge for me to see how far I could lower the grocery bill. I've been able to cut it by 33% to 50%. I have to keep an eye on things as they ring up because there is at least one issue with every visit. Digital coupon not applied, BOGO not applied, sticker on produce is wrong or the price is, etc.

Some grocery places have helpers who will ask to put your groceries on the belt for you while someone else bags them, some just bag them and others you get no help at all.

Regardless...I do what the OP does when I'm not helped. I get in front of the cart and unpack it. Trying to reach into the cart from behind and I can't get to it all. Once I've got everything on the belt I'll get out of the way and push the cart in front of me so someone can bag and load the cart while I watch what's ringing up OR if there's no help I start bagging.

Maybe the lady behind you was thinking you were slowing things down by talking to the cashier and not bagging?

8. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Maybe she looked at you funny because you smelled like the devil's lettuce.

Was your cart filled with Ring Dings and Doritos?

9. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

The Newtons could have been the last straw.

@BabyFacedFinster, surely you're no stranger to shopping cart rage?

Do you suppose this was cannabis-inspired? :\

Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  10. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

delete

KidFated. likes this.
  11. wkndwarrior

wkndwarrior Active Member

I always go in front of the cart - have a bad back and the bending from behind over the cart handle is greater than from the front (which is usually a tad lower). Seems way more ergonomic to go in from the front - once I get to the register interface where you swipe the card then I move the cart up as my first times start going down so the bagger can bag.

So in front of the cart during the conveyor portion then move the cart to the bagger once I reach the money/transactions stage.

12. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

No kidding!

I do the grocery shopping for our family, and i constantly have headphones in and could not get out of there faster.

Likes2vape and His_Highness like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors