1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I doing something wrong with my Dynavap? I get very weak vapor not as thick as everyone claims

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by callmeunclescrooge, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. callmeunclescrooge

callmeunclescrooge New Member

I just got my Dynavap M19 in the mail 2 days ago and was very excited to try it out. I tried it out and I just can't seem to get the clouds everyone claims to be getting from the Dynavap M19.

I am following a technique of pre-heating and then heating up again. Vapor not cloudy and milky as I am expecting it to be :/. I posted a video of my use: https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/cjv58t/what_am_i_doing_wrong_with_my_dynavap_i_am/

I don't know what I am doing wrong, I have been following different tips but not getting the results. The flower is dry enough that I can grind it with my hands, but I am using a grinder.

Help haha! I am thinking it was over hyped but I keep reading good things about it and can't help but think I am doing something wrong. I wish I could rip it and milk it like most people are doing in videos, but I dont know what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks guys

2. Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal Child Of The Revolution

There can be a learning curve. It took me a few days, then clouds. I don't even like lighters, and I love my other vapes, but if I could only have one vape it would have to be my M. My only advice would be keep playing with it. You already own it, it's fun, and one you dial in on how it works for you, it becomes something you can do without thinking.

3. callmeunclescrooge

I see... I am building a DIY IH right now hoping it my change the results... I have been trying with 2 different lighters but still no clouds like expected, I guess I am still on the learning curve, but I am following the tips I see that's why I am a bit disappointed/frustrated. Will try with a different type of dry herb hopefully it works better.

I just want to feel the dense vapor comin out, its such light vapor even tho I am lighting the bottom. I guess I will just have to keep on playing like you said.

Thanks for the input

TheThriftDrifter and Madri-Gal like this.
  4. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

Have you seen the best of thread?
    I think of it as the DV cheat sheet thread :)

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/

And seen George heat one ...
    Click to play YouTube Video

[​IMG]

5. callmeunclescrooge

Thanks for the Reply,

I just read through the best of thread and got some good tips. I am applying these tips but seem to be getting a similar result, not getting those thick vapor clouds everyone claims. I guess I will have to keep tryin it...

Do you think it might be the SS tip that is affecting the clouds? I heard there was no big difference, but after reading this I can't help but think I was wrong in getting the M19 and should have gotten a omni instead. :/

I might have to buy another vaporizer overall, something more hard hitting.

Thanks for the tips man!

6. TheThriftDrifter

TheThriftDrifter Well-Known Member

Are you new to vaping or just to your Dynavap?

It took me a bit to get used to the lack of "smoke" coming out of my mouth when i started vaping, the effects were there though(lack of vapor doesn't always mean lack of effects)

As @Madri-Gal pointed out, there is a learning curve for sure with the Dynas, i find the single flame gives more cloud action than my triple.
    Are you using the airport/carb to good effect? Covering it completely = thicker vapor with less airflow.
    Using a j hook or water piece to let you see whats happening with the vapor production might help too.

I still dont have my technique fully locked down, but every time I hit the sweet spot, i'm blown away by what this tiny little device can do.

Hey, welcome to FC.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  7. callmeunclescrooge

Hey @TheThriftDrifter, thanks man! First post here. Really liking how engaged the community is here.

I also have a mighty vaporizer I bought like 2 years ago, but I did not love it 100% and went back to combusting after a few months using the mighty. I got tired of combusting 2 months ago and started using carts more... I don't really love carts as much as I like flower, so I decided to look back to vaping. The M19 had amazing reviews on Reddit and here, so I decided to give it a try.

I do notice the effects creeping up on me, however it is not as strong as I would like for it to be, maybe that's just me? I am using my bong and I can see the vapor coming through, its just never as milky as other videos I've seen around here and Reddit, its an "ok" vapor, but nothing out of this world like the hype that everyone has.

Maybe I need to get another vape that hits harder or something because I am not getting those hits in the dynavap... I am going to keep at it for another 2-3 weeks and if it doesnt work I'll have to look for something else. Need a hard hitting vape that resembles a bong rip, thick vapor is what I want. Something that will make me cough... Haven't coughed once with my dynavap yet haha (idk its just my personal preference)

Thanks again for the welcome and tips, cheers!

8. Exsmoker

Exsmoker Plant Manager

@callmeunclescrooge I would try heating it a bit past the click and see what happens. Also, the first hit is usually more tasty with thin vapor, don’t expect to see a big cloud here. Hits two and up are where I get the biggest clouds. You’ll figure it out. :)

Squiby, Madri-Gal, Jill NYC and 2 others like this.
  9. callmeunclescrooge

I am excited to find these clouds everyone is talking about, I am waiting on some flower right now, trying 2 different types to see the differences. Might be the strain what is giving me the vapor I am getting.

I will post my results here once I try em', hopefully it's the strain what's preventing me from getting the clouds. Gonna keep playing with it :)

Thanks again for your input guys, I appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out. I am much calmer reading that everyone struggles for a bit in the beginning until they find the way. Cheers!

10. HughJundys

HughJundys Willie B. Hardigan

I go through phases with my Dynavaps. I'll not use them for a month or so and then go through a fit of loving them for a few weeks, then put them back down. I have wood ones, glass ones, metal ones. I can get a dense hit on the second pull. I love the efficiency of them and become obsessed with all the different bodies I can get. The reason I personally use them a lot then put them down for a while is I have never enjoyed the feeling of trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose. The draw resistance is just too much.

I definitely get your desire for a thick bong type rip. I own many vapes including the Mighty like you. I enjoy variety and having many makes sure I can tickle whichever spot I need.
    If I want a thick rip there are two vapes that do that for me.
    Flowerpot
    and
    G43.

The draw resistance is low on these and they are made for bong usage. Since the Flowerpot is a tad on the spendy side and you are still trying to decide if this for you I recommend the g43.

With the G43 you will have a 4 minute preheat time. I also find after the second hit it seems to work best if I stir it between every hit. These are typically things I don't like to mess with however with this device it is worth it. I really enjoy the flavor, efficiency, and ability to get some very nice bong rips.

11. callmeunclescrooge

Thank you for your input @HughJundys , I really appreciate you telling me about your experience with the Dynavap. You really shook my carpet with the G43, I am already trying to get into the wait list.

I am going to get one ASAP! Looks fantastic and its awesome that bud made it! Price is really affordable too compared to the flowerpot. Thank you for this great recommendation, hopefully I will be able to get it soon.

For now, I am going to keep on cloud chasing with my dynavap until I have the G43 which is 100% next on my lsit.

Thank you again, cheers!

E: How is your experince with the G43? I don't find a lot of videos about it... Tons of replies in the thread to get on the list.

Madri-Gal and TheThriftDrifter like this.
  12. Vaporooni

Vaporooni Active Member

This is what I did, I took an inch of medical grade silicone tubing and put it over the air port or carb on the DynaVap to make it hands free. You can also partially cover the air port, So air slowly enters for less air restriction. Also act like your spray painting the DynaVap cap with the torch flame, About an inch away from the cap. The flame will turn red if your to close to the cap. The third click seems to produce more vapor on some strains. The first two clicks are just warm ups. Watch this video, You wont believe this. It will change your vape experience.
    Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  13. callmeunclescrooge

Wow!! This video really helped me a lot to get better knowledge of my Dynavap...

I am currently using it right now and I can honestly say after reading all of your replies and changing flower, I can see why people are hyped up about the product. I am getting more vapor, and big coughs out of this one... Really starting to get the hang of it and feel the effects, nothing like with the other flower or before this forum.

Thank you guys very very much! I really do appreciate you guys taking the time to answer this. I am happy to tell you guys that all of your recommendations worked and changed my experience using my first Dynavap.

Cheers!:)

14. Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal Child Of The Revolution

This made me unreasonably happy to hear. I'm glad it's working out for you. Welcome to FC, and happy vaping! :leaf: :clap: :leaf:

15. TheThriftDrifter

TheThriftDrifter Well-Known Member

Makes me happy to hear this too.

Ha! Knew you could do it. Hell yeah! :rockon:

Much Dynalove. :evil:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors