Alternative source of heating for the Vaponic, got ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapohead

Hello,

I've been lurking around the forum for a while and finally decided to join.
I discovered vaporization with that little vaponic piece, because I immediately fell in love with the simple, kinda like lab equipment, design and the fact that you can entirely clean it with ethanol, to get out the concentrated stuff...

But my vaporizing experience isn't as chill as i've wanted it to be and i have to have the occasional joint, because I feel too much like a crackhead, with my torch, flamming the ustensile, to get out a few quality puffs and off I go again for torching it.

Don't get me wrong, I love that little thing and and after playing with some electronic cigarettes and seeing the power the battery can give you...With the vaponic, when you get the lighter right, the puffs are just amazing. From smooth to very dark and harsh, but that is not medical anymore...
By the way, I enjoy vaping the hashish, because I find that it brings out some very interesting taste, also, if it's cut with something, it tends to appear in the last puffs, so you can just throw the piece away, which is just a piece of carbon at this point anyway.
I kinda feel that weed should be vaporized through some water dropplets, to get all the right terpenes out.
I've had the chance to taste a lot of weed with a Volcano, with all the right temperatures, but the thing I love the most is the whole field in a tiny piece of resin :)

SO, my question is: has anyone tried to heat their Vaponic with a different heat source than the butane jet-flame lighter?

I've heard about the LoxLux, has anyone tried it? Also, I noticed that they sold it for only 39euros and discontinued the production, anyone knows the reason to that decision?
I'm asking because I would be interested to build one, but wanted to hear from someone that has tested it and can tell me if it breaks the freaking thing, or not, because I've already broke a few of them and that's the main reason I'm searching for the different heat source, to be able to connect it to a waterpipe, and have my puff in peace.

Sorry for the long post, got a little distracted, but I really hope for some advice from this great community

peace

vapohead,
Reactions: bounce5

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
Hello,

I've been lurking around the forum for a while and finally decided to join.
I discovered vaporization with that little vaponic piece, because I immediately fell in love with the simple, kinda like lab equipment, design and the fact that you can entirely clean it with ethanol, to get out the concentrated stuff...

But my vaporizing experience isn't as chill as i've wanted it to be and i have to have the occasional joint, because I feel too much like a crackhead, with my torch, flamming the ustensile, to get out a few quality puffs and off I go again for torching it.

Don't get me wrong, I love that little thing and and after playing with some electronic cigarettes and seeing the power the battery can give you...With the vaponic, when you get the lighter right, the puffs are just amazing. From smooth to very dark and harsh, but that is not medical anymore...
By the way, I enjoy vaping the hashish, because I find that it brings out some very interesting taste, also, if it's cut with something, it tends to appear in the last puffs, so you can just throw the piece away, which is just a piece of carbon at this point anyway.
I kinda feel that weed should be vaporized through some water dropplets, to get all the right terpenes out.
I've had the chance to taste a lot of weed with a Volcano, with all the right temperatures, but the thing I love the most is the whole field in a tiny piece of resin :)

SO, my question is: has anyone tried to heat their Vaponic with a different heat source than the butane jet-flame lighter?

I've heard about the LoxLux, has anyone tried it? Also, I noticed that they sold it for only 39euros and discontinued the production, anyone knows the reason to that decision?
I'm asking because I would be interested to build one, but wanted to hear from someone that has tested it and can tell me if it breaks the freaking thing, or not, because I've already broke a few of them and that's the main reason I'm searching for the different heat source, to be able to connect it to a waterpipe, and have my puff in peace.

Sorry for the long post, got a little distracted, but I really hope for some advice from this great community

peace

I have pondered this also as I still love my vaponic, how about a coil heater you can sit it in to heat it would have to play around with how long to heat etc but it would be fun trying ........ A vaponic station

Edit, welcome to forum man ...

vapohead

So a little update on my heat source...
I followed the loxlux plan and got a 2.8cm copper tube piece, which is the best depth IMO (couldn't find
any info on their copper tube lenght...) Also, just needed one hole, though I think I will continue making a real loxlux replica...this is kinda for testing pourposes omly, but I am still very pleased with the overall result.
Got a 50W halogen lamp (the osram wasn't available, so got a philips instead, but besides the
brandname, nothing else changes)
As I mentioned already earlier, my goal was to make something that I could enjoy my hash with and
that demands higher temps than weed, so I decided not to buy a dimmer and am very satisfied
with my choice. The hash never ever burns and the puffs are just great. Plus I saved me some
money, that I could invest in a cheap GonG, because a plastic bottle just wasn't doing it for me...
I must tell you that it's everything I hoped it would be, the puff is continous and never too harsh, you
actualy don't even feel it and then BAM, you get so baked...
So here are some pics to share with you

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=19183706971365066154

you can see that I still had to use plastic tubing, for the future I am thinking of maybe putting the vapo directly into the GonG and change the lamp design, so that it comes on the vaponic, instead of it going to the lamp...

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=91106666246048939468

I took off the little glass part for the mouth and figured that a much longer piece would draw more vapor and it does

and here is a little example of the concentrared vapor

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=21714493883134433076

PS Sorry, but I didn't see how to, nor where to upload photos m so if anyone has a site, please enlighten me

vapohead,

flomalchio

Hey vapohead,

I came up with the same ideas for buildiung a heating station for the vaponic.

What were the results of your actual project? Would love to see some pics of your work!

So I am trying to build one myself.

Greets

flomalchio,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom