allergy related question..

EatU4Fun

I was planning on purchasing a vaporizer for college, but after some people on my floor got busted smoking, I found out that someone on my floor is highly allergic to marijuana(lol). Basically, pot causes this person to break out in hives n some other shit. Will a vaporizer be safe as long as I stay in my room?

EatU4Fun,

EatU4Fun

I'd rather not move just bc I've got a bangin dorm. Its an apartment with a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and two bedrooms. I think it's kinda hard to say though because I've never even heard of being allergic to pot.

EatU4Fun,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
If you got a balcony that is safe(i.e. if face a wall, parking where there are many cars but void of people or stuff like that, it could work?

lesvape,

Salty

This person lives on the same floor, but not the same dorm room? I dont think vapor would really leak out ur door, down the hall, and into this persons room. You're probably fine to vape. But damn, can u imagine being allergic to MJ? That sucks!

Salty,

EatU4Fun

Salty said:
This person lives on the same floor, but not the same dorm room? I dont think vapor would really leak out ur door, down the hall, and into this persons room. You're probably fine to vape. But damn, can u imagine being allergic to MJ? That sucks!

Yea I kinda assumed it wouldn't affect them from my room, but like I said, I and most ppl know nothing about being allergic to pot...and that absolutely blows being allergic. I think smokin some would cure her though.

EatU4Fun,

Ash

vaporist
My personal observation is that vapor does not travel nearly as far as smoke does. I think that because it is just droplets of liquid, without the small particulate matter you get in smoke, vapor isn't going to travel very far. I'd say just keep in in your room.

Ash,

hereatlast

While I've never been diagnosed, I'm fairly sure I have a moderate skin allergy to marijuana. Being allergic to many things and solidified some confidence in my self-diagnosis. If for example some MJ crumbs drop onto bare skin and get agitated, e.g. movement, skin irritation is almost a given in my case.

Needless to say my allergies seem to be only 'skin-deep.' While I've never been checked medically for what MJ smoking/vaping/ingesting does to me, I'm doing just fine in that arena :brow:.

Anyways, I HAVE read a couple 'marijuana as an allergen' research articles and it seems its not as uncommon as it might seem. Either way, if you clarify what type of allergy this person has maybe that can clear some things up? Is it a skin-contact issue like me or does it include exposure to smoke? The latter seems a little hard to believe to me unless its an allergic reaction to smoke in general. :2c:

hereatlast,
Top Bottom