Allergic to a specific terpene?

MegaMan2k

I was processing some herb today for rosin, Took out 60 grams of herb from a glass jar, room immediately filled with very strong citrus smell, Continued to pack a few 160 micron bags,
at the end of this after sitting in the smell for around 20 minutes I started to feel what i thought was a regular headache,
but as i went for a glass of water and some fresh air it started to feel more like my right nostril was swelling on the inside, and behind the right eye- Creating this feeling of tightness around the nose and the eye / some pressure in the head / forehead + clogged airflow on the right side nostril too

Normally when i process my own organic grown herb, i get none of this ( strain : O.G Kush)

But this stuff was from a different grower ( strain : ak-47 ) and had a way more intense acid / citrus smell-

Im trying to figure out if the pain/swelling is simple from the inhaltion of these strong terps?
Or if there is more to it : Like my own being organic grown on soil beds, and this other stuff is made with salt based nutes on hydro,

; Pain / swelling / whatever it is, is still here as im writing 3-4 hours after the press-
I opened all windows and doors for atleast 1 hour to get loads of fresh air in so i dont think the terp is "in the air" anymore atleast,

I painted this fella blue where the pain/swelling/inflamation/what ever it is, is located :

Last edited:

shredder

I was processing some herb today for rosin, Took out 60 grams of herb from a glass jar, room immediately filled with very strong citrus smell, Continued to pack a few 160 micron bags,
at the end of this after sitting in the smell for around 20 minutes I started to feel what i thought was a regular headache,
but as i went for a glass of water and some fresh air it started to feel more like my right nostril was swelling on the inside, and behind the right eye- Creating this feeling of tightness around the nose and the eye / some pressure in the head / forehead + clogged airflow on the right side nostril too

Normally when i process my own organic grown herb, i get none of this ( strain : O.G Kush)

But this stuff was from a different grower ( strain : ak-47 ) and had a way more intense acid / citrus smell-

Im trying to figure out if the pain/swelling is simple from the inhaltion of these strong terps?
Or if there is more to it : Like my own being organic grown on soil beds, and this other stuff is made with salt based nutes on hydro,

; Pain / swelling / whatever it is, is still here as im writing 3-4 hours after the press-
I opened all windows and doors for atleast 1 hour to get loads of fresh air in so i dont think the terp is "in the air" anymore atleast,

I painted this fella blue where the pain/swelling/inflamation/what ever it is, is located :

It may be an allergy, or combination of things.

Where I live it's prime hay fever season. so it doesn't take much to set me off.

And I do have a slight allergy to mj. In particular terpenes with the peppery smell and taste. Chem dawg is terrible for me.

Right now in hay fever season I can get all plugged up from vaping herb that doesn't normally bother me.

Not that any of this helps you, other than I agree with your reasoning.

I have much less problems with concentrates when my allergies act up.

shredder,
Reactions: Sick Vape
Top Bottom